INTERNACIONAL
Trump admin blocks citizenship for illegal migrant voters

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX: The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is changing its policy manual to prevent illegal migrants who voted in elections or attempted to register to vote from receiving citizenship under new guidelines.
The policy update will also include USCIS initiating deportation proceedings against any illegal migrant who committed a form of voter fraud or claimed to be a U.S. citizen for any purpose or benefit.
«Illegal voting undermines the will of the American people and threatens the legitimacy of our elections,» USCIS spokesperson Matthew Tragesser told Fox News Digital. «Under the leadership of President Trump and Secretary Noem, we are making changes to prevent and punish aliens who voted illegally in our elections from gaining U.S. citizenship.
President Donald Trump’s USCIS will prevent illegal migrants from receiving citizenship if they voted or attempted to vote. (Win McNamee/Getty Images)
TRUMP ADMINISTRATION RESURRECTS ‘NEIGHBORHOOD CHECKS’ FOR CITIZENSHIP APPLICANTS LAST USED IN FIRST BUSH-ERA
«Aliens who facilitate or perpetuate illegal voting face swift and severe consequences,» Tragesser added.
Under current USCIS guidelines, illegal migrants must demonstrate good moral character (GMC) to qualify for citizenship. The new guidelines, which will take effect Friday afternoon, specify that attempting to circumvent voter laws or unlawfully claiming to be a U.S. citizen would be a failure of GMC requirements and prevent an illegal migrant from applying for citizenship.
Fox News Digital obtained an internal leadership guidance memo that will be sent to employees at USCIS on Friday afternoon, which outlines the course of action for implementing the updated policy and clarifies that illegal migrants who fail to meet GMC will be issued a Notice to Appear (NTA) and be referred for criminal prosecution.

USCIS will update their guidelines on illegal migrant voting on Friday afternoon. (Kevin Carter/Getty Images)
SOUTH KOREAN, VIETNAMESE NATIONALS AMONG ICE’S LATEST ‘WORST OF THE WORST’ ROUNDUP IN LOS ANGELES: DHS
Applications for passports and drivers’ licenses will also prevent illegal migrants from receiving citizenship and initiate the deportation process.
The move comes after President Donald Trump’s March executive order, titled «Preserving And Protecting the Integrity of American Elections,» which ordered the secretary of Homeland Security to access «appropriate systems for verifying the citizenship or immigration status of individuals registering to vote or who are already registered.»
Trump’s executive order was met by some legal challenges, including a lawsuit by 19 Democratic attorneys general and two federal judges in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., blocking portions of the order that outlined voter ID requirements.

President Donald Trump talks to reporters from the Resolute Desk after signing an executive order. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Judge Denise J. Casper, who was appointed by President Barack Obama, ruled in the U.S. District Court in Massachusetts that «the Constitution does not grant the President any specific powers over elections.»
ABREGO GARCIA HEARD SAYING TWO WORDS DURING ICE ARREST
Despite the legal setbacks, President Trump remained determined to fulfill his campaign promises on revising immigration policy, including this latest policy update at USCIS.
The tightened restrictions and likely increase in deportations as the president continues to remove millions of illegal migrants who entered the country during the Biden administration.

People surround a car as it arrives carrying food donations at a makeshift camp for migrants seeking asylum in the United States at the border crossing Friday, March 12, 2021, in Tijuana, Mexico.
CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Last week, DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin told Fox News Digital that the agency has arrested more than 359,000 illegal migrants and removed more than 332,000 illegal migrants from the U.S.
Preston Mizell is a writer with Fox News Digital covering breaking news. Story tips can be sent to Preston.Mizell@fox.com and on X @MizellPreston
immigration,illegal immigrants,kristi noem,homeland security
INTERNACIONAL
Los pueblos indígenas de la Amazonía exigen un rol activo en la COP30

La eterna lucha de los «guardianes de la selva»
La base del futuro
amazonia
INTERNACIONAL
Francia, Alemania y el Reino Unido presionaron a Irán en la ONU para evitar la reimposición de sanciones por su programa nuclear

Francia, Alemania y el Reino Unido instaron este viernes al régimen de Irán desde la Organización de las Naciones Unidas (ONU) a cumplir tres condiciones que permitan posponer la reimposición de sanciones, en el marco de una nueva fase de tensión diplomática en torno al programa nuclear iraní.
Según los representantes de los tres países, conocidos como el E3, la suspensión temporal de la medida denominada “snapback” —el restablecimiento inmediato de sanciones— dependería de la restauración del acceso de los inspectores nucleares de la ONU, de respuestas a las inquietudes sobre el inventario de uranio enriquecido de Irán y de la disposición a entablar negociaciones directas con Estados Unidos.
En una declaración conjunta antes de una sesión a puerta cerrada del Consejo de Seguridad, la embajadora británica ante la ONU, Barbara Woodward, leyó el comunicado de los europeos, con sus pares franceses y alemanes a su lado. “Nuestras exigencias eran justas y realistas. Sin embargo, a día de hoy, Irán no ha dado ninguna señal de que tenga intención de cumplirlas”, declaró Woodward.
Woodward explicó que el E3 activó el jueves el proceso de snapback en respuesta a las reiteradas violaciones del acuerdo nuclear de 2015 por parte de Irán. Este mecanismo reactivaría en 30 días las sanciones de la ONU levantadas hace casi una década, a menos que el Consejo adopte una resolución que confirme su suspensión.
El mensaje de las potencias europeas se produce después de que Irán haya restringido la cooperación con el Organismo Internacional de Energía Atómica (OIEA) tras los ataques sufridos en junio en sus instalaciones, atribuidos a Israel y Estados Unidos. Inspectores de la ONU han regresado a Irán, pero no existe aún acuerdo sobre la reanudación plena de las inspecciones.
Irán respondió rechazando la propuesta del E3, calificándola de “llena de condiciones previas poco realistas”, según el embajador iraní ante la ONU, Amir Saeid Iravani. “Están exigiendo condiciones que deben ser el resultado de las negociaciones, no el punto de partida”, dijo Iravani, y añadió que esas demandas no pueden cumplirse. El embajador afirmó que el E3 debería respaldar una “extensión técnica corta e incondicional de la Resolución 2231”, que consagró el acuerdo nuclear de 2015, el llamado Plan de Acción Integral Conjunto (JCPOA).

Rusia y China, aliados estratégicos de Irán, han presentado al Consejo de Seguridad un borrador de resolución que aboga por prorrogar seis meses el acuerdo nuclear y reanudar las negociaciones de inmediato. El primer borrador prohibía al E3 reimponer sanciones, pero esa cláusula ha sido retirada. La resolución necesitaría al menos nueve votos a favor y que ninguno de los cinco países con derecho a veto —Estados Unidos, Francia, el Reino Unido, China o Rusia— lo ejerciera.
La cuestión del cumplimiento del acuerdo nuclear de 2015 centra la crisis. El pacto, firmado entre Irán, el E3, Estados Unidos, China y Rusia, supuso el levantamiento de sanciones a cambio de severas restricciones al programa de enriquecimiento de uranio iraní. Sin embargo, la salida de Estados Unidos del pacto en 2018 y la restauración de sanciones por la administración de Donald Trump debilitaron gravemente el acuerdo, provocando que Irán comenzara a superar los límites pactados.
Según datos recientes, Irán acumula actualmente más de 400 kilos de uranio enriquecido al 60%, superando de manera amplia lo permitido para fines civiles. Los países europeos afirman que este nivel de incumplimiento tiene “graves consecuencias para la capacidad de Irán de avanzar hacia el desarrollo de un arma nuclear”. Las autoridades iraníes insisten en que su programa nuclear mantiene fines exclusivamente civiles y pacíficos.
La controversia ha escalado tras la ofensiva militar iniciada por Israel contra Irán, con el respaldo de Washington, que incluyó ataques a instalaciones nucleares iraníes. Paralelamente, parlamentarios iraníes anunciaron la preparación de un proyecto de ley para abandonar el Tratado de No Proliferación Nuclear (TNP), bloquear negociaciones con las potencias occidentales y suspender la cooperación con la agencia atómica de la ONU.
El ministro iraní de Exteriores, Abbas Araqchi, reiteró que la República Islámica está dispuesta a reiniciar las negociaciones siempre que se demuestre “seriedad y buena fe” y no se emprendan “acciones destructivas” que dificulten el éxito de los futuros contactos. Araqchi cuestionó la legitimidad de las potencias europeas para liderar el proceso de rearme de sanciones: “Europa no solo no cumplió con sus compromisos de normalizar las relaciones comerciales y económicas con Irán, sino que violó el acuerdo”.
(Con información de AFP, EFE y Reuters)
Diplomacy / Foreign Policy,North America,NEW YORK
INTERNACIONAL
Pro-Palestinian conference panelist calls US ‘evil,’ urges ‘destroying the idea of America’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A panelist speaking at the «People’s Conference for Palestine» in Detroit on Friday called the United States «an evil country» and expressed a need to «destroy the idea of America in Americans’ heads.»
Speaking on a panel titled «No Weapons for Genocide: The People Demand an Arms Embargo,» Sachin Peddada, a Ph.D. student in economics and research coordinator at Progressive International, repeatedly ripped on the United States as an «empire» motivated by greed.
In response to a question about how Americans can get more involved, Peddada paraphrased a quote by deceased Palestinian author Bassel al-Araj, saying, «The average American will never understand the plight of the Palestinian person because the state of Israel is a carbon copy of the United States.
«And, therefore, the thing to do is to destroy the idea of America in Americans’ heads so that they can see the humanity of everybody outside the warping of American exceptionalism and imperialism and all these evil things.»
As Peddada said these words, the crowd broke into applause.
WHITE HOUSE DEMANDS ALL GAZA HOSTAGES RETURN HOME ‘THIS WEEK’ AMID STALLED TALKS
The statue of George Washington at the university that bears his name wears Palestinian flags, a keffiyeh and stickers in a Gaza solidarity encampment in Washington, D.C., May 6, 2024. (Allison Bailey/Middle East Images/AFP via Getty Images)
Peddada continued, saying, «We have to dismantle this idea of American exceptionalism, of supremacy, of being beyond reproach.
«I think it’s very important that we normalize criticism as a healthy process and learn from our experiments in the world to push the boundaries of what is possible, to continue to fight for more and more and to see how the empire responds to us, to continue to push farther and harder.»
At another point during the panel, Peddada declared, «We live in an evil country.»
He said that, since Oct. 7, 2023, «We can say with certainty that the U.S. has been the most complicit country — complicit is not even the right word to use — but the most responsible country for what is happening not only in Gaza but also the West Bank and also all over the global south.»
Peddada claimed that the U.S. is a country that has «functionally for decades been the sole superpower of the world» and has «an agenda that is driven primarily by the accumulation of profit at the expense of human lives.
COLUMBIA PROFESSOR WHO CALLED OCT. 7 HAMAS ATTACKS ‘AWESOME’ TO TEACH COURSE ON ZIONISM

Protesters rally outside the Indiana state House chamber in Indianapolis Jan. 18, 2024. (Isabella Volmert/AP Photo)
«To obfuscate that point or beat around the bush there does not serve us; we live in an evil country, that’s just what’s happening,» he said as the crowd again broke into applause.
«That doesn’t mean we’re all evil,» he added. «But it does mean we have a unique responsibility. We have a unique position here in the heart of the empire to act in solidarity with all of our siblings in Gaza and in the West Bank, all around the world.»
Commenting on the remarks, one user on X posted, «As an American, I find this galling.»
«My culture and history have already been relentlessly attacked — statues of Washington, Jefferson, and other Founders torn down as ‘controversial,’» he said. «Now we have conference speakers openly talking about ‘destroying the idea of America.’»
SQUAD MEMBERS SUED FOR ‘INCITING’ COLUMBIA ANTI-ISRAEL ENCAMPMENT

Hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters gather at the Brooklyn Museum in New York City Dec. 19, 2023. (Stephen Yang for Fox News Digital)
The People’s Conference for Palestine, organized by a dozen pro-Palestinian groups, began Friday and will run through Sunday. Even before it started, the gathering drew scrutiny for featuring speakers with extremist views, including two former prisoners of Israel released in a Hamas deal, alongside Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., a prominent anti-Israel congresswoman.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The conference opened Friday afternoon with an elaborate opening ceremony, in which a speaker, after leading the crowd in chants, invited attendees to rise for «our national anthem» as a band began playing a song in a foreign language. People wearing keffiyehs proceeded in, holding Palestinian flags.
Fox News Digital reached out to Progressive International and the People’s Conference for Palestine for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
Fox News Digital’s Alec Schemmel contributed to this report.
us,israel,anti semitism,patriotism
- POLITICA2 días ago
Escándalo en la caravana de Milei en Lomas de Zamora: evacuaron al Presidente y Espert se fue en moto
- POLITICA3 días ago
Verónica Magario dijo que su candidatura a diputada provincial es testimonial: “Mi plan es seguir al lado de Axel Kicillof”
- CHIMENTOS2 días ago
Claudia Villafañe rompió el silencio y se mostró desde la clínica, tras el accidente