INTERNACIONAL
Chicago-area teacher breaks silence after losing job over 2-word Facebook post supporting ICE: ‘Devastating’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX: A Chicago area teacher who was forced to resign from his position over his Facebook post saying «Go ICE» is speaking out about the emotional and financial toll he has suffered as a result.
«This process has been professionally and personally devastating and surreal,» former West Chicago teacher James Heidorn told Fox News Digital in his first public comments about the situation.
«I’ve spent 14 years building my career, pouring my heart into teaching kids, building relationships and being a positive role model. To see it all upended over two simple words, ‘Go ICE,’ where I expressed my personal support for law enforcement felt like a severe blow to my career.»
In late January, Fox News Digital first reported that the longtime teacher at Gary Elementary School in a heavily Hispanic district was placed on leave after local activists in the community began sharing his Facebook post that said «GO ICE» in response to a news story about a local police department saying they would cooperate with ICE.
GOT A SCOOP ON CAMPUS? SEND US A TIP HERE
A West Chicago PE teacher who resigned over a Facebook post supporting ICE is speaking out about what happened.
On Thursday, Jan. 22, Heidorn was first notified by school officials that they had seen the growing social media chatter about his post. He briefly quit after meeting with HR staff before rescinding his resignation the same day. Heidorn was set to return to school to teach on Monday while the school investigated.
Around the same time, Illinois Democratic state Sen. Karina Villa, who was captured on video in September chasing down ICE agents in the street, publicly expressed outrage over the post and said she stands in «unwavering solidarity» with families upset about the «disturbing comments reportedly made by an educator.»
On that Saturday, before an investigation had been concluded, West Chicago Mayor Daniel Bovey took to Facebook and posted a video explaining why Heidorn’s comments were «hurtful» and «offensive» to many in the community.
«The issue is we have trusted adults who are the ones that care for those kids when they can’t be with their mom and their dad,» Bovey said. «So to have someone cavalierly rooting on — as if it’s a football game or something, yeah go — events which have traumatized these children… that is the issue.»
Over the weekend, parents online were encouraging each other to keep their students home from school as a form of protest, and many in the community began criticizing Heidorn.
The city of West Chicago held a «listening session» on Jan. 26 at the request of Bovey, that included a Spanish translator, where a variety of parents and locals expressed concerns about the post, including a woman who said «kids do not feel safe» as a result of the post and another woman who said the post was «cruel.»
«This started with a two-word comment on my personal Facebook page supporting law enforcement—nothing more,» Heidorn said. «It wasn’t directed at any student, family or school community. Second, I was placed on leave and faced intense pressure before any full investigation or fair process could play out, with this it led to my resignation.»
«Third, I lost my career, my income and the chance to close out my time with my students properly—no farewell, no goodbyes.»
Ultimately, Heidorn resigned a second time rather than be terminated after a hearing with school officials.
In a statement to Fox News Digital at the time that Heidorn was on leave in January, a West Chicago Elementary School District 33 spokesperson referred to the social media post as «disruptive» and said, «We understand that this situation has raised concerns and caused disruption for students, families and staff.»
Teachers all across the United States have taken to the streets in recent weeks, causing disruptions in favor of far-left causes, including in Chicago, where teachers stormed a local Target and harassed employees, to protest President Donald Trump’s immigration policies without facing pushback or repercussions from local school districts.
TOP TEACHERS UNION UNDER FIRE AS LAWMAKERS PUSH TO STRIP UNION OF UNIQUE FEDERAL CHARTER: ‘LOST THEIR WAY’

Gary Elementary School in West Chicago (Google Maps)
«Most importantly, this is bigger than me: it’s about whether personal opinions expressed outside of work can cost someone their livelihood without due process,» Heidorn said. «I hope to see free speech matters, even when it’s unpopular.»
«It does feel like a double standard—due to my viewpoint being different from others within the community that I taught in. I feel that we should all be able to coexist with our personal political viewpoints. Fairness should apply equally, regardless of those viewpoints. If personal political speech is grounds for punishment, it should be consistent—not selective based on what side you’re on. I believe in free speech for all, and that’s what I hope comes out of all this.»
Heidorn has received some support from the local community, including a GoFundMe page calling him a «beloved physical education teacher» who «showed up every day for his students.»
«Emotionally, it’s been a roller coaster that has me feeling a great deal of shock, loss and deep sadness over losing daily contact with my students,» Heidorn said. «Feelings of anger and frustration at how quickly things escalated without real dialogue, and grief for not getting to say a proper goodbye to the kids I cared so much for. I’ve had sleepless nights, but I’m trying to stay focused on my family and the support I’ve received from people who know the real me.»
Heidorn, who also lost his employment working as a soccer coach at a nearby private school, told Fox News Digital that one of the most difficult aspects of being forced from his job was losing the relationships he built with his students of all backgrounds over his long career.
Asked what he would tell his students if given the opportunity to address the situation with them directly, Heidorn said the online outrage «isn’t the full story» and is «just noise from people who don’t know me.»
«To my students: I want you to know that I care about you deeply and always have. The person you knew in class—the one who encouraged you, played with you and cheered you on—is still the same person,» Heidorn said. «I always tried to provide the best learning environment and great atmosphere for us all to grow. I have always had your best interest in mind by showing passion, support, care, and safety no matter what.»
Heidorn added, «I would never want any of you to feel unsafe or unloved. You are amazing kids, and I’m proud of every moment we shared. I know I can’t change people’s minds for those who are angry, upset and have lost trust in me, and I am sorry for that because I always had my students and the community’s best interests in mind, and I never intended to cause fear or harm to them or their families.»
CHICAGO TEACHERS UNION PROMOTES VENEZUELA REGIME CHANGE PROTESTS ORGANIZED BY SOCIALIST GROUPS

Federal ICE officers walk down a suburban street. (Christopher Dilts/Getty Images)
Fox News Digital reached out to the district for a specific comment on what rule Heidorn violated by posting support for law enforcement on Facebook and if teachers who are publicly «disruptive» against or antagonize ICE will be treated the same way. The district did not respond.
When reached for comment, Bovey pushed back on the suggestion he inflamed the situation with his Facebook video, saying, «Personally, I wish the teacher well.»
«The teacher used his First Amendment rights to make a statement,» Bovey said. «Others used their First Amendment rights in commenting on the situation. The school board took appropriate action to go through the due process of investigating a situation which had adversely impacted the education of children. The public used their First Amendment rights to comment (in favor and against) the actions of the school board and then the teacher made a decision to resign. At the end of the day, though there were frustrations on both sides, which were stoked by inaccurate social media posts, this is how democracy works.»
Bovey added, «Despite a lot of vitriolic comments from people across the country who were misinformed by social media, our local community seems remarkably unified.»
Heidorns said he has always taken his role «extremely seriously» over his 14-year career and that his reputation was «built on showing up every day, being reliable, fair and genuinely invested in my students’ growth.»
«My students’ successes are what drove me more than you could know,» Heidorn said. «I never brought politics into my teaching; my focus was always on my students. Losing that connection hurts more than anything, and I want people to know I never intended to harm or divide anyone.»
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The «Greetings from Chicago» mural brightens a street in the Logan Square neighborhood on March 30, 2018. (Patrick Gorski/NurPhoto via Getty Images)
Going forward, Heidorn will be required to inform future school districts he applies to that he resigned and provide specifics why, which leaves any potential of furthering his career in the area unclear.
«I really don’t know what is next for me, as the teaching profession has been, up to this point in time, all that I ever wanted to do,» he explained. «It is all I have ever studied for and teaching is what has defined me. Even advancing my education with a master’s degree in educational leadership because I wanted to become the best teacher I can be.»
«With that said—I’m exploring options in education or related fields, but I’m also taking time to heal and learn from this experience. I want people to know I’m grateful for the outpouring of support from those who reached out, donated or shared my story. It reminds me that most people value fairness and second chances. I’m determined to move forward positively and keep contributing to kids’ lives in whatever way I can.»
campus radicals,immigration,education
INTERNACIONAL
Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The Trump administration is weighing involvement in the case of a protester who was fined for burning a Quran outside the Turkish Consulate in London, as U.K. prosecutors look to reinstate his overturned conviction, according to reports.
Officials are said to be discussing granting 51-year-old Hamit Coskun refugee status if the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) wins its appeal, with a senior U.S. administration official telling The Telegraph the case is one of several «the administration has made note of.»
Coskun, of Armenian-Kurdish descent, had initially sought asylum in the U.K. from Turkey, where he says Islamic extremists «destroyed» his family’s life and where he was jailed for protesting Islamist governance.
DAN GAINOR: ENGLAND DOESN’T HAVE FREE SPEECH AND WANTS TO TAKE OURS AWAY, TOO
Hamit Coskun has said he may «flee» to America if the Crown Prosecution Service succeeds in its High Court challenge. (Aaron Chown/PA Images via Getty Images)
On Feb. 13, 2025, he traveled to the Turkish Consulate in London and set fire to a copy of the Quran while shouting slogans including «Islam is [the] religion of terrorism» and «f— Islam.»
There he was attacked by Moussa Kadri, a passerby who chased him with a knife, kicked him and spat on him.
Kadri later received a suspended prison sentence after being convicted of assault and having a bladed article in a public place.
Initially charged with harassing the «religious institution of Islam,» Coskun’s case drew intervention from the National Secular Society and the Free Speech Union, who argued prosecutors were effectively reviving blasphemy laws already abolished in 2008.
MARCO RUBIO VOICES CONCERN THAT AMERICANS MAY SOMEDAY BE ARRESTED FOR SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS WHEN VISITING EUROPE
Coskun was convicted of a religiously aggravated public order offense and fined in June 2025.
That October, Coskun’s conviction was overturned when a judge ruled that while burning a Quran was «desperately upsetting and offensive» to many Muslims, the right to free expression «must include the right to express views that offend, shock or disturb.»
The CPS is now seeking to reverse that decision at London’s High Court, with Coskun telling The Telegraph that if the appeal goes against him, he may be forced «to flee» the country.
IRISH COMEDIAN SAYS UK PM STARMER HIDES FROM CULTURE WARS AS ‘ORDINARY PEOPLE’ FIGHT DAILY BATTLES

At the 2025 Munich Security Conference, Vice President JD Vance said «in Britain and across Europe, free speech, I fear, is in retreat.» (Matthias Schrader/AP Photo)
«For me, as the victim of Islamic terrorism, I cannot remain silent. I may be forced to flee the UK and move to the USA, where President Trump has stood for free speech and against Islamic extremism,» he told the outlet.
«If I have to do so, then, to me, the UK will have effectively fallen to Islamism and the speech codes that it wishes to impose on the non-Muslim world,» he added.
President Donald Trump and the U.S. administration have already criticized the U.K. and European governments over increased restrictions on expression.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
In 2025, Trump slammed the U.K.’s laws around online speech, saying «strange things are happening» there and that it was «not a good thing.»
At the Munich Security Conference in 2025, Vice President JD Vance also said, «In Britain and across Europe, free speech, I fear, is in retreat.»
Fox News Digital has reached out to the Department of State for comment.
united kingdom,refugees,turkey,appeals,state department
INTERNACIONAL
El dictador Kim Jong-un inauguró un distrito de viviendas para las familias de soldados norcoreanos enviados a morir en la guerra de Putin

El régimen de Corea del Norte culminó la construcción de un nuevo distrito residencial en Pyongyang destinado a las familias de soldados norcoreanos que murieron combatiendo junto a Rusia en la guerra contra Ucrania.
La inauguración, presidida por el dictador Kim Jong-un, forma parte de una campaña para “glorificar” a quienes el régimen considera “mártires jóvenes” que “lo sacrificaron todo por la patria”.
Según imágenes difundidas por los medios de propaganda, Kim Jong-un recorrió el barrio bautizado como Saeppyol Street en compañía de su hija, Kim Ju Ae, y visitó algunas de las viviendas recién entregadas. Durante el acto, el líder norcoreano prometió recompensar a las familias de los caídos y elogió la “valentía sin igual” de los soldados que, bajo órdenes del régimen, viajaron miles de kilómetros para luchar en un conflicto ajeno.
Corea del Norte ha intensificado en los últimos meses la propaganda sobre la participación de sus tropas en la guerra de Ucrania, erigiendo memoriales y planificando la apertura de un museo dedicado a los muertos en combate.
Kim Jong-un insistió en que “el heroísmo y la bravura de los soldados del Ejército Popular de Corea, involucrados en operaciones militares en el extranjero, deben ser grabados en la historia como símbolo de invencibilidad”.
La presencia de contingentes norcoreanos en Ucrania se produce en el contexto de una alianza con el Kremlin y de un régimen que, aislado internacionalmente, ha encontrado en Moscú un socio clave para sortear sanciones y obtener tecnología y recursos. De acuerdo con estimaciones de la inteligencia surcoreana, alrededor de 6.000 soldados norcoreanos han resultado muertos o heridos durante su despliegue en territorio ucraniano. El balance de víctimas mortales supera las 600, aunque Pyongyang no ha ofrecido cifras oficiales ni reconoce bajas en su propaganda.
En paralelo al envío de tropas, Corea del Norte ha suministrado a Rusia artillería, misiles y sistemas de lanzacohetes de largo alcance, reforzando el poder de combate de las fuerzas de Vladimir Putin ante la resistencia ucraniana. A cambio, el régimen norcoreano ha recibido asistencia financiera, transferencia de tecnología militar, alimentos y energía, según fuentes diplomáticas y de inteligencia regional.
El homenaje a los soldados muertos y el otorgamiento de viviendas a sus familias son parte de una estrategia de control social y cohesión interna en un país donde la información está estrictamente censurada y los gestos de lealtad al régimen se premian públicamente. Analistas apuntan que el régimen norcoreano busca contener el descontento social ante el costo humano del envío masivo de combatientes a una guerra exterior y consolidar la imagen de Kim Jong-un como un líder fuerte y generoso ante la opinión pública norcoreana.
El nuevo barrio residencial se inaugura a pocos días de la apertura de un congreso clave del partido único, donde se prevén anuncios sobre los próximos objetivos políticos y económicos del régimen y posibles medidas de endurecimiento del control interno.
Estos gestos de reconocimiento a las familias de los caídos funcionan también como mensaje hacia la cúpula militar y la burocracia del partido, recordando que la fidelidad al líder y el sacrificio serán recompensados con visibilidad y privilegios estatales.
(Con información de The Associated Press y AFP)
Defence,Domestic Politics,Asia / Pacific,Defense,Government / Politics
INTERNACIONAL
Estados Unidos: los artistas abandonan Nueva York por el exorbitante costo de vida y el precio de los alquileres

«Falta de trabajo»
Capital mundial de la creación
POLITICA2 días agoEl Gobierno busca aprobar la reforma laboral y el Régimen Penal Juvenil antes del 1 de marzo
SOCIEDAD2 días agoAvistaron una ballena azul en Chubut por primera vez en la historia
INTERNACIONAL2 días agoChaotic video shows passengers trading midair blows; plane forced to divert: reports




















