INTERNACIONAL
Trump insiste con un tercer mandato. Esta es la razón por la que lo hace

INTERNACIONAL
Some countries targeted by Trump tariffs seek negotiations, China says ‘no winners in trade wars’

World leaders across the globe are reacting to President Donald Trump’s «Liberation Day» tariff announcements, with some expressing disappointment and others making threats. On Wednesday, the president announced a baseline tariff of 10% on imports, in addition to reciprocal tariffs based on what each nation imposes on U.S. goods.
Trump believes these tariffs will incentivize foreign investment in the U.S. and spur domestic job growth.
While several U.S. allies articulated their frustration with the tariffs, they also expressed a lack of interest in launching trade wars. Many called for negotiations with the U.S. for new trade agreements.
US President Donald Trump holds a chart as he delivers remarks on reciprocal tariffs during an event in the Rose Garden entitled «Make America Wealthy Again» at the White House in Washington, D.C., on April 2, 2025. (Getty Images)
TREASURY SECRETARY BESSENT TELLS COUNTRIES NOT TO RETALIATE AFTER SWEEPING ‘LIBERATION DAY’ TARIFFS
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen called the tariffs a «major blow to the world economy.» Von der Leyen said in a statement that there would be «countermeasures,» though she did not specify what they would entail.
Meanwhile, China’s Foreign Ministry said that «there are no winners in trade wars and tariff wars,» according to the Associated Press (AP).
Additionally, according to Reuters, Beijing is also planning to take «countermeasures.» Trump has taken an especially tough approach to China, which was already hit with a 20% tariff earlier this year. China will now face a 34% reciprocal tariff in addition to the 10% baseline imposed on all listed nations.

Trump shakes hands with Japanese Prime Minister Shigeru Ishiba in the Oval Office of the White House on Feb. 7, 2025. (Getty Images)
FRANCE ASKS US TO BE ‘COOPERATIVE’ INSTEAD OF ‘CONFRONTATIONAL’ FOLLOWING TRUMP’S ‘LIBERATION DAY’ TARIFFS
Japanese Prime Minister Shigeru Ishiba said the tariffs would have a «great impact» on U.S.-Japan relations and the global economy, according to the AP. He vowed that the Japanese government would work to «decisively protect people’s lives, jobs and industries.»
Despite being subject to one of the lowest reciprocal tariffs at just 10%, Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said his country would negotiate with the Trump administration to remove the tariffs.
«We will not join a race to the bottom that leads to higher prices and slower growth,» Albanese said, according to Reuters.
Canada and Mexico are exempt from the reciprocal tariffs for now, but they face a 25% tariff on goods, with Canada also being slapped with a 10% energy tariff. While Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney vowed to «fight these tariffs with countermeasures,» Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said her country would announce a «comprehensive program» on Thursday, according to Reuters.

Britain’s Prime Minister Keir Starmer, left, and Trump speak during a joint press conference in the East Room at the White House on Thursday, Feb. 27, 2025, in Washington. (Carl Court/Pool Photo via AP)
When speaking to reporters, U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer did not criticize Trump, rather he said that the U.S. president was acting on «his mandate.» However, he also said that «nothing is off the table.» The prime minister assured that his government is working to make «an economic prosperity deal» with the U.S
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced on Tuesday that his country would preemptively lift all tariffs on U.S. goods. However, Trump still announced a 17% reciprocal tariff on Israel. Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich said his office was «analyzing the implications for the economy.» Smotrich also said that he would meet with the Finance Ministry to discuss possible responses.
INTERNACIONAL
Rubio arrives in Brussels for NATO talks amid unease over Trump’s agenda

Secretary of State Marco Rubio and U.S. ambassador to NATO Matthew Whitaker arrived in Brussels Thursday for talks that allies hope will shed light on the U.S.’ future plans in Europe.
Rubio’s arrival comes as European allies and Canada are concerned about President Donald Trump’s readiness to draw closer to Russian leader Vladimir Putin, who sees NATO as a threat. Recent White House comments and insults directed at NATO allies – as well as the military alliance itself – have raised alarm and confusion.
Matters have been made more uncertain by Trump’s new tariffs targeting U.S. friends and foes alike. The day prior to Rubio’s arrival, Trump issued an executive order, establishing a minimum baseline tariff of 10% on all imports.
Since Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth warned last month that U.S. security priorities lie elsewhere — in Asia and on the U.S.’s own borders — Europeans have waited to learn how big a military drawdown in Europe could be and how fast it may happen.
TRUMP EFFECT FORCES GERMANY TO REPRIORITIZE DEFENSE AS NATION PLAYS CATCH-UP IN MILITARY SPENDING
Secretary of State Marco Rubio boards his plane at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, on Wednesday, April 2, 2025, en route to NATO in Belgium. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)
In Europe and Canada, governments are working on «burden shifting» plans to take over more of the load, while trying to ensure that no security vacuum is created if U.S. troops and equipment are withdrawn from the continent.
These allies are keen to hear from Rubio what the Trump administration’s intentions are and hope to secure some kind of roadmap that lays out what will happen next and when, so they can synchronize planning and use European forces to plug any gaps.

Banners outside of NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. (Reuters/Yves Herman)
Newly confirmed U.S. ambassador to NATO Matt Whitaker said the alliance «will be stronger and more effective than ever before» under Trump’s leadership.
«I believe that a robust NATO can continue to serve as a bedrock of peace and prosperity,» Whitaker said in a statement, adding: «NATO’s vitality rests on every ally doing their fair share.»

U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth holds his closing press conference at the end of defense ministers’ meetings at NATO headquarters on Feb. 13, 2025, in Brussels, Belgium. (Omar Havana/Getty Images)
Whitaker affirmed the U.S. commitment to NATO’s collective security guarantee, which says that an attack on any ally must be considered an attack on them all, but that his brief would also be to encourage Europe to lead on «peace, security, and the rebuilding of Ukraine.»
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Whitaker also said that allies should demonstrate that NATO takes threats from China seriously.
INTERNACIONAL
EE.UU.: Obama destaca ayuda de países árabes contra Estado Islámico – BBC News Mundo
Fuente de la imagen, Getty
El presidente de Estados Unidos, Barack Obama, resaltó este martes la coalición de países que el lunes realizó los primeros ataques aéreos contra el autodenominado grupo Estado Islámico (EI) en Siria.
En una breve alocución desde la Casa Blanca, el presidente dijo que la fortaleza de la coalición demuestra que Washington no está luchando solo contra los militantes y destacó el apoyo que brindaron los cinco países árabes que participaron en la ofensiva.
Obama también explicó que la operación general contra EI tardará tiempo y esperan varios desafíos en el proceso.
En la noche del lunes, el gobierno confirmó los primeros ataques aéreos contra EI en Siria, en una operación que fue realizada por Estados Unidos, Arabia Saudita, Emiratos Árabes Unidos, Jordania, Bahréin y Qatar.
Según explica el corresponsal de BBC Mundo en Washington, Thomas Sparrow, el anuncio de Obama se produjo poco antes de que viaje a Nueva York, donde presentará su estrategia contra los militantes en la Asamblea General de Naciones Unidas.
Antes del anuncio de Obama, el Departamento de Estado aseguró que le informó al régimen sirio de sus intenciones, aunque no le pidió permiso ni coordinó sus acciones con el presidente Bashar al Asad.
-
POLITICA2 días ago
Venció el congelamiento salarial y los senadores cobrarán más de $9 millones de dieta
-
POLITICA22 horas ago
Desde Ushuaia, Villarruel convocó a un “proceso de malvinización” en medio de los “discursos de odio”
-
CHIMENTOS2 días ago
Aparecieron las cartas de amor que José Alperovich le escribe a Marianela Mirra desde la cárcel: “Quiero jugarme la vida con vos”