INTERNACIONAL
9/11 families urge Trump to press Saudis for accountability ahead of MBS visit to DC: ‘Overwhelming evidence’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Ahead of a visit to the nation’s capital by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) on Tuesday, a cohort of 9/11 survivors, first responders, and family members of those lost, are urging President Donald Trump to demand that Saudi Arabia take accountability for its alleged role in the tragic Sept. 11, 2021 attacks.
Several weeks ago, United States federal district court judge George B. Daniels ruled against Saudi Arabia’s efforts to dismiss a lawsuit brought against them by the families of 9/11 victims, which alleged the country was party to the attacks. Daniels’ decision to let the case go to trial appeared to agree with the judge claiming in his August 2025 ruling that Saudi government agents provided «essential support» for the hijackers.
«The backdrop to this visit is the recent ruling of a federal judge in New York that Saudi Arabia must stand trial for its role in the 9/11 terrorist attacks that murdered 3,000 of our loved ones,» 9/11 Justice President Brett Eagleson, whose father died in the attacks, said. «As Washington prepares to roll out the red carpet for the Saudi Crown Prince, we want to shine a spotlight on the facts found by the court, the overwhelming evidence of Saudi government support for the 9/11 plot, and the families’ nearly 25-year fight for justice.»
The statement follows a similar call to Trump from 9/11 Families United, a separate group representing 9/11 victims and their families, which was released last week.
THE QUIET WAR: HOW TERROR HAS EVOLVED SINCE SEPT 11
World Trade Center Tribute in Light seen from Brooklyn. (Fox News Photo/Joshua Comins)
Fox News Digital reached out to the Saudi Embassy in Washington, as well as the White House for comment, but did not receive a response in time for publication.
Daniels’ August ruling implicating Saudi Arabia in the 9/11 attacks is just one of the latest developments in a multi-decade legal battle that started in 2002.
While the kingdom has denied that anyone from the Saudi Arabian government directed the individuals accused of conspiring with 9/11 hijackers, Daniels said he found it «more likely than not» that there was «some connection.»
The allegations center around Omar al-Bayoumi and Sheikh Al Fahad Thumairy, two individuals that the 9/11 victims allege were party to helping the hijackers.
SAUDI ARABIA’S 40-YEAR-OLD DISRUPTOR: HOW MBS REWIRED THE KINGDOM IN 10 SHORT YEARS

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman seen speaking to former President Joe Biden. (Bandar Algaloud/Courtesy of Saudi Royal Court/Handout via REUTERS)
Among the allegations against Bayoumi, who has significant ties to the Saudi government according to declassified FBI documents, is that he helped the hijackers find an apartment. When the hijackers applied for the apartment, Bayoumi co-signed the lease and listed himself as the new apartment’s guarantor.
According to Bayoumi, it is customary for the Islamic community to help newcomers find an apartment.
Meanwhile, evidence also showed Bayoumi traveling to Washington, D.C. alongside two Saudi government officials employed by the embassy, according to Daniels’ ruling. Both of the Saudi government officials, Mutaeb Al-Sudairy and Adel Al-sadhan, also had ties to Thumairy, who they met in Los Angeles for an Islamic event between December 1998 and January 1999.
After spending a few days in Los Angeles, according to Daniels, the pair of Saudi officials traveled to San Diego, where they stayed with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks.
A subsequent letter from Bayoumi to Thumairy thanked him for coordinating the trip that «provid[ed] us with brothers Mutaeb Al-Sudairy and Adel Al-sadhan.»
Thumairy, who left the U.S. for Saudi Arabia shortly before the 9/11 attacks, is accused of having met with the hijackers when they first came to California in early 2000. He denies the allegation despite being pictured with them, according to Daniels. Bayoumi, who federal agents found in 2001 was in possession of a notepad with various airplane drawings, calculations, and notes in it, is alleged to have met them shortly thereafter.

U.S. President Donald Trump meets with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman during a coffee ceremony at the Saudi Royal Court on May 13, 2025, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. (Win McNamee/Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
President Trump is set to host the Crown Prince for talks Tuesday. Improving diplomatic relations between the two nations has been a priority for Trump. He visited the kingdom in May, which was his first major international trip of Trump’s second term.
«I hope that Saudi Arabia will be going into the Abraham Accords very shortly,» Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday ahead of this week’s MBS meeting in Washington, according to the Associated Press.
saudi arabia,september 11,white house,donald trump,foreign policy
INTERNACIONAL
La administración tecnócrata de Gaza anunció el despliegue de 5.000 policías en 60 días para reemplazar a Hamas

REUTERS/Ramadan Abed
Alí Shaath, economista palestino y director de la Comisión Nacional para la Administración de Gaza (CNAG), anunció el jueves durante la reunión inaugural de la Junta de Paz en Washington el despliegue de una fuerza policial palestina de 5.000 agentes en un plazo de 60 días.
El anuncio se enmarca en la segunda fase del plan de 20 puntos del presidente Donald Trump para Gaza, que busca trasladar el control del enclave devastado desde el grupo terrorista Hamas hacia una estructura de gobernanza internacional supervisada directamente desde Washington.
Shaath, ex viceministro de la Autoridad Palestina, reconoció que la CNAG opera en condiciones extremadamente difíciles. Gran parte de la Franja resultó gravemente dañada tras dos años de guerra que dejaron al menos 70.000 palestinos muertos, según cifras de organismos palestinos confirmadas también por Israel.
La nueva fuerza policial responde a la primera de cuatro prioridades definidas por la comisión tecnócrata: restaurar la seguridad bajo una sola autoridad, una sola ley y una sola arma. Las otras tres áreas prioritarias incluyen reactivar la economía, garantizar ayuda humanitaria sostenible y restablecer servicios básicos como electricidad, agua, salud y educación.
El director de la Junta de Paz, el diplomático búlgaro Nikolai Mladenov, informó que unas 2.000 personas ya solicitaron unirse a esta fuerza de transición, que será entrenada en Egipto y operará bajo la autoridad civil de la CNAG. Mladenov estableció como condición esencial que todas las facciones armadas en Gaza sean desmanteladas y que las armas queden bajo control de una autoridad civil única. Para ello, afirmó, resulta imprescindible la implementación completa del plan de 20 puntos de Trump.
La Junta de Paz, presentada por Trump como una alternativa a Naciones Unidas, celebró su primera reunión con la participación de casi 50 países, superando los 27 miembros fundadores. Sin embargo, la ausencia de potencias europeas occidentales y el rechazo del Vaticano, México y varios países latinoamericanos evidencian las fisuras en el respaldo internacional al mecanismo impulsado por Estados Unidos.
La junta está dirigida por una estructura ejecutiva que incluye al secretario de Estado Marco Rubio, el yerno de Trump Jared Kushner, el exprimer ministro británico Tony Blair y el enviado especial Steve Witkoff, entre otros.
El plan de 20 puntos, presentado por Trump en septiembre de 2025 junto al primer ministro israelí Benjamín Netanyahu, establece un alto el fuego condicionado al desarme completo de Hamas, la liberación de rehenes israelíes y la creación de una zona libre de terrorismo en Gaza.
REUTERS/Mahmoud Issa/Fotografía de archivo
El documento contempla la formación de un gobierno de transición bajo supervisión internacional, un programa masivo de reconstrucción y, eventualmente, la posibilidad de avanzar hacia un Estado palestino, aunque Netanyahu ha rechazado categóricamente esta última perspectiva.
El principal obstáculo para la implementación del plan radica en el desarme de Hamas, que mantiene el control efectivo de Gaza desde 2007. Israel fijó un plazo de 60 días para que el grupo terrorista entregue todas sus armas, incluidas las ligeras como fusiles AK-47. El Departamento de Estado estadounidense reconoció que la desmilitarización constituye el desafío central del proceso.
Sin embargo, Khaled Meshaal, alto dirigente de Hamas, rechazó el desarme total y propuso únicamente un congelamiento de las armas, argumentando que desarmarse equivaldría a despojar al pueblo palestino de su alma.
La tensión se agrava por las continuas violaciones del alto el fuego. El ejército israelí mantiene el control de más del 50% del territorio gazatí y ha dejado claro que no renunciará al objetivo de desmilitarización total de la Franja. El ministerio de Salud de Gaza, operado por Hamas, reportó al menos 601 palestinos muertos por fuerzas israelíes desde el inicio de la tregua en octubre de 2025.

(AP Foto/Abdel Kareem Hana)
Mladenov advirtió que enviar al comité tecnócrata mientras persisten los enfrentamientos solo garantizará su inefectividad. El diplomático búlgaro anunció la creación de una Oficina del Alto Representante para Gaza, que él mismo encabezaría provisionalmente, con el objetivo de eliminar los obstáculos que enfrentará la CNAG al asumir el control civil y administrativo del enclave.
Trump anunció que Estados Unidos contribuirá con 10.000 millones de dólares para la reconstrucción de Gaza, mientras que nueve países árabes comprometieron otros 7.000 millones. Indonesia, Marruecos, Albania, Kosovo y Kazajistán ofrecieron tropas para la Fuerza Internacional de Estabilización prevista en el plan, aunque ningún gobierno ha formalizado compromisos definitivos sobre el número de efectivos ni el alcance de su mandato.
El modelo propuesto recuerda experiencias de administración internacional en Timor Oriental, Kosovo, Bosnia e Irak. Sin embargo, la ausencia de representación palestina en la junta ejecutiva internacional y la imposición vertical de estructuras de gobernanza han generado escepticismo sobre la viabilidad del proyecto. La historia demuestra que cuando el diseño es excesivamente vertical y la legitimidad local resulta limitada, la estabilidad suele ser precaria.
La CNAG, integrada por 15 tecnócratas palestinos, carece de función política y se limitará a la gestión logística y administrativa civil.
Top Pictures,Military Conflicts
INTERNACIONAL
Top US military commander visits Venezuela, meets new leader following operation to capture Maduro

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The head of the U.S. Southern Command traveled to Venezuela to meet with the country’s acting president just weeks after U.S. forces captured former leader Nicolás Maduro.
The trip on Wednesday, described as a surprise visit, was the first to Venezuela by a U.S. military delegation since the Jan. 3 raid to retrieve Maduro, according to Reuters.
«The commander of U.S. Southern Command, Marine Gen. Francis L. Donovan, Chargé d’Affaires to the Venezuela Affairs Unit, Ambassador Laura F. Dogu, and U.S. Acting Assistant Secretary of War for Homeland Defense and the Americas Joseph M. Humire met with Venezuelan interim authorities in Caracas,» U.S. Southern Command said in a statement.
«During the meeting, the leaders reiterated the United States’ commitment to a free, safe and prosperous Venezuela for the Venezuelan people, the United States, and the Western Hemisphere,» it added.
VENEZUELAN OPPOSITION LEADER MACHADO PRAISES TRUMP FOR DELIVERING ‘BERLIN WALL’ MOMENT FOR THE AMERICAS
Marine Gen. Francis L. Donovan, commander of U.S. Southern Command, engages with Marines assigned to stand watch at U.S. Embassy facilities in Caracas, Venezuela, on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2026. (U.S. Southern Command/Venezuela Affairs Unit )
«Discussions focused on the security environment, steps to ensure the implementation of President Donald Trump’s three-phase plan – particularly the stabilization of Venezuela – and the importance of shared security across the Western Hemisphere,» U.S. Central Command also said.
The U.S. Embassy in Venezuela added in a post on X that it was a «historic day» in a push to «advance the objective of a Venezuela aligned with the United States.»
TRUMP SAYS US PILOTS WERE ‘HIT PRETTY BAD IN THE LEGS’ DURING MADURO CAPTURE MISSION

Gen. Francis L. Donovan, Ambassador Laura F. Dogu, the chargé d’affaires to the Venezuela Affairs Unit, and Joseph M. Humire, acting assistant secretary of war for homeland defense and the Americas, pose for a photo in Venezuela, on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2026. (U.S. Southern Command/Venezuela Affairs Unit )
Venezuela’s government said the U.S. delegation met with interim President Delcy Rodriguez, Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino and Interior Minister Diosdado Cabello, with the two sides agreeing to coordinate on drug-trafficking, terrorism and migration, Reuters reported. The Associated Press also confirmed that Donovan, who is the head of American military operations in Latin America, met with Rodriguez.

Venezuela’s acting president, Delcy Rodriguez, waves after bidding farewell to U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright following their meeting in Caracas, Venezuela, on Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2026. (Ariana Cubillos/AP)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
«The meeting reaffirms that diplomacy should be the mechanism for resolving differences and addressing issues of bilateral and regional interests,» it also cited Venezuela’s Communications Minister Miguel Angel Perez as saying on X.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
venezuelan political crisis,military,us marines,south america,us
INTERNACIONAL
Donald Trump se mete en la disputa por una isla en el Océano Índico y choca con Gran Bretaña

Desalojo
¿Qué quiere el gobierno de Donald Trump?
“Un gran error»
La importancia de la isla Diego García
Rechazo en Gran Bretaña
La base para atacar a Irán
POLITICA2 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
POLITICA3 días agoCristian Ritondo: “Vamos a apoyar la ley de modernización laboral, pero no el régimen de licencias por enfermedad”
ECONOMIA3 días agoEl dólar no sólo cae en la Argentina: qué pasa con otras monedas emergentes y cuáles son las causas


















