INTERNACIONAL
Former GOP senator emerges from private sector with new mission: ‘Somebody has to step up’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
EXCLUSIVE: Former Republican Sen. John E. Sununu of New Hampshire wants his old job back.
And on Wednesday, Sununu took a big first step towards returning to Capitol Hill as he announced his candidacy in the 2026 race to succeed retiring Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen in New England’s only swing state.
Sununu, in a campaign launch video shared first nationally with Fox News Digital, said that nowadays «Congress just seems loud, dysfunctional, even angry,» and that he wants to «return to the Senate to help calm the waters.»
Sununu is a former three-term representative who defeated then-Gov. Shaheen in New Hampshire’s 2002 Senate election. But the senator lost to Shaheen in their 2008 rematch.
HEAD HERE FOR THE LATEST FOX NEWS REPORTING ON THE 2025 ELECTIONS
Former Republican Sen. John E. Sununu of New Hampshire is interviewed by Fox News Digital, on Sept.15, 2025 in Rye, N.H. (Paul Steinhauser/Fox News Digital)
Shaheen announced earlier this year that she wouldn’t seek re-election in next year’s midterms and Republicans are working to flip the seat as they aim to not only defend but expand their Senate majority.
Now, after nearly two decades in the private sector, Sununu is ready to return to the Senate campaign trail in New England’s only swing state.
«Maybe you’re surprised that I’m running for the Senate again,» Sununu says to the camera in his video. «I’m a bit surprised myself. Why would anyone subject themselves to everything going on there right now. Well, somebody has to step up and lower the temperature. Somebody has to get things done.»
THUNE SPEAKS WITH SUNUNU ABOUT SENATE BID TO FLIP BLUE SEAT RED
Sununu is a brand name in New Hampshire politics. The former senator’s father, John H. Sununu, is a former governor who later served as chief of staff in then-President George H.W. Bush’s White House. And one of his younger brothers is former Gov. Chris Sununu, who won election and re-election to four two-year terms steering the Granite State.
But Sununu won’t have a glide path to the GOP nomination.
Former ambassador and former Sen. Scott Brown, who was elected and served three years in the Senate in neighboring Massachusetts, and who, as the 2014 GOP Senate nominee in New Hampshire, narrowly lost to Shaheen during her first re-election, jumped into the race in late June.

Former Sen. Scott Brown, who launched a Republican Senate campaign in New Hampshire in June, is interviewed by Fox News Digital, on July 4, 2025, in Exeter, N.H. (Paul Steinhauser/Fox News )
«Our campaign will have the necessary resources for the long haul, and allow me to campaign the only way I know how: relentless hard work and a focus on retail politics that Granite State voters expect,» Brown said after Fox News first reported that he hauled in roughly $1.2 million in fundraising the past three months.
Brown has repeatedly taken aim at Sununu the past month over the former senator’s lack of past support for President Donald Trump, who holds immense clout over the GOP.
TOP POLITICAL HANDICAPPER REVEALS DEMOCRATS CHANCES OF WINNING BACK THE SENATE MAJORITY
Sununu served as national co-chair on the 2016 Republican presidential campaign of then-Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who declined to support Trump as the party’s nominee.
And Sununu, along with then-Gov. Chris Sununu, endorsed former ambassador and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley in the 2024 New Hampshire Republican presidential primary, as she battled Trump for the nomination.
And on the eve of the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, the former senator wrote an opinion piece titled «Donald Trump is a loser,» that ran in the New Hampshire Union Leader, the state’s largest daily newspaper.
Brown endorsed Trump ahead of his 2016 New Hampshire primary victory, which launched him toward the GOP presidential nomination and ultimately the White House. Brown later served as U.S. ambassador to New Zealand during Trump’s first term.

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., seen speaking at a policy event in Concord, New Hampshire on Oct. 22, 2024, is not seeking re-election next year. (Steven Senne/AP Photo)
«Anyone who thinks that a never Trump, corporate lobbyist who hasn’t won an election in a quarter century will resonate with today’s GOP primary voters is living in a different universe. While John was supporting John Kasich in 2016, I was campaigning with Donald Trump,» Brown charged in a statement to Fox News.
And pointing to Sununu’s past decade and a half in the private sector, Brown argued that «while John was fighting for special interests, I was serving in the first Trump administration. While John was wooing the DC establishment this summer, I have been working with grassroots activists across the Granite State. Senate seats are earned, not handed down.»
TRUMP NOT ON BALLOT BUT FRONT-AND-CENTER IN 2025 ELECTIONS
Trump, whose endorsement in Republican primaries is extremely influential, has remained neutral to date.
But the president may be willing to overlook Sununu’s past jabs.
Earlier this year, when Chris Sununu flirted with a Senate bid after leaving office, Trump urged him to run.
The younger Sununu, who was Haley’s top supporter and surrogate in New Hampshire, repeatedly criticized Trump during the 2024 Republican presidential primaries.

Former Ambassador and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, center, is joined by then-New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu, right, as they visit a polling location to greet voters casting ballots in the state’s first-in-the-nation presidential primary, on Jan. 23, 2024, in Hampton, New Hampshire. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Trump told reporters in April that he had met with the former governor in the Oval Office and that he’d «support him fully.»
«He’s been very nice to me over the last year or so,» Trump added. «I hope he runs. I think he’ll win that seat.»
FIRST ON FOX: SCOTT BROWN SHOWCASES HEALTHY WARCHEST
And a national Republican strategist familiar with the Senate race in New Hampshire told Fox News Digital last month, «President Trump appreciates winners and understands that John E. Sununu puts this race on the map for Republicans.»
As Fox News reported, Sununu met last month with Senate Majority Leader John Thune and former Sen. Cory Gardner, who served as chair of the Senate Leadership Fund, which is the top super PAC supporting Senate Republicans. National Republicans view Sununu as the strongest candidate to win back the seat in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire Democratic Senate candidate Rep. Chris Pappas is interviewed by Fox News Digital on July 4, 2025, in Portsmouth, N.H. (Paul Steinhauser/Fox News Digital)
Four-term Democratic Rep. Chris Pappas, who launched his Senate campaign in early April, is the clear frontrunner for his party’s nomination.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
While New Hampshire has for over a century held the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, its state primary, which will be held next September, is one of the last-in-the-nation.
While Republicans have had success in state elections — they control the governor’s office and both chambers of the state legislature — the GOP hasn’t won a Senate election in New Hampshire since 2010.
elections,midterm elections,republicans elections,senate elections,new hampshire,donald trump,campaigning,politics
INTERNACIONAL
Chloé Zhao, directora de ‘Hamnet’: “Me convertí en cineasta porque me costaba expresar mis emociones”

La cineasta china Chloé Zhao, ganadora de varios Óscar de Hollywood por Nomadland y ahora nominada en ocho categorías por Hamnet’, define su situación como “compleja”: “Puede ser un poco desagradable que a tu trabajo le pongan una etiqueta” en la que solo eres “ganador o no”, dice. “Creo que todos mis compañeros se sienten así porque todos somos muy sensibles. Así que a lo que nos aferramos es a la comunidad que existe dentro de nuestra industria, especialmente ahora mismo, y a apoyarnos mutuamente”, explica Zhao (43 años) en una entrevista antes de un encuentro en la Academia de Cine.
Todos los pronósticos señalan que el próximo 15 de marzo la cineasta recogerá varias estatuillas por su película sobre el dolor de Shakespeare y su esposa por la muerte de su hijo de 11 años, adaptación de la novela de Maggie O’Farrell, producida por Steven Spielberg, que está teniendo una gran respuesta en cines de distintos países, a cuyo público da las gracias.
Sobre sus orígenes en la industria audiovisual, asegura que hace las películas “por supervivencia”. “Sinceramente, me convertí en narradora y cineasta porque me costaba conectar, expresar o sentir mis emociones”, dice Zhao, que se define como neurodivergente. Sin embargo, sí es capaz de conectar con las emociones de otros -“la pérdida se siente igual, el desamor se siente igual, el amor se siente igual”- y de integrarse rápidamente en comunidades en apariencia muy diferentes.
Esta mujer que nació en China, se educó en Reino Unido y estudió cine en EE.UU., considera que “cuando no eres de un lugar y no tienes un profundo apego, en lo único en lo que puedes confiar es en estar completamente presente cuando estás con otro ser humano”. Con esta premisa consiguió obras como el excelente retrato del oeste americano contemporáneo de The Rider (2017) o la historia de una mujer mayor y pobre que debe buscarse la vida en los bellos pero hostiles paisajes estadounidenses de Nomadland (2020). “Es más fácil y seguro crear un mundo fantástico y contar las historias de otras personas” y “experimentar una especie de catarsis a través de la alquimia de la narración”, destaca.
Algo parecido es lo que le ocurre al personaje de Shakespeare en Hamnet’, que en la piel del actor Paul Mescal muestra dudas, debilidades y un dolor que vuelca en sus inmortales creaciones literarias. La imagen de un Shakespeare que llora chocó a algunos críticos que consideran excesiva la carga emocional de la película. Al respecto, la directora cree que “vivimos en una sociedad que, lamentablemente, no honra nada lo que no es productivo” y en la que a menudo se ocultan los duelos.

(Foto: Agata Grzybowska / © 2025 FOCUS FEATURES LLC)
“Preferimos vivir en verano todo el tiempo en lugar de honrar el invierno, cuando las cosas se están muriendo y se están preparando para el siguiente renacimiento”, defiende Zhao, quien explica que “si no te permites sentir duelo sin intelectualizarlo” no habrá una transformación. Ella misma, a medida que madura, también sigue un proceso de “curación”, ya que había partes sobre las que no se había permitido hacer un duelo.
“Cuanto más lo hago, más me doy cuenta de que el cine, si no pones cuidado, puede ser disociativo, en el sentido de que no estás en tu cuerpo, sino en tu cabeza”, reflexiona. Un ejemplo de esta corporeidad en la película de Hamnet sería la escena del primer parto de la esposa de Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway -en la película es Agnes, el nombre con el que también se le conocía-, interpretada por la actriz irlandesa Jessie Buckley. “El primer nacimiento en el bosque fue muy diferente al segundo, estaba mucho más en contacto con su cuerpo. El bosque, metafóricamente, es su conexión con su propio bosque interior; no solo con su cuerpo, sino con el linaje de las madres y las mujeres de su linaje”, subraya Zhao.
Fuente: EFE
Arts,Culture,Entertainment,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,North America
INTERNACIONAL
Election integrity groups press Supreme Court to require ballots by Election Day

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX: A coalition of election integrity groups is urging the Supreme Court to uphold a lower court ruling that found federal law requires mail ballots to be received by Election Day.
The conservative-leaning groups, including the Honest Elections Project and the Center for Election Confidence, filed an amicus brief supporting the Republican National Committee’s challenge to Mississippi’s postmark deadline. They argue that federal law establishing a single Election Day requires ballots to be in election officials’ hands by the close of polls. The case could determine whether similar postmark-based deadlines in 14 states remain valid ahead of the 2026 midterms.
Supporters of the RNC’s position say a ruling affirming the lower court would establish a clear standard for when ballots must be received, though curtailing acceptance of late-arriving ballots would not guarantee that election officials won’t still be tabulating ballots in close races beyond Election Day.
«Counting ballots that are received after Election Day unnecessarily damages public trust in election outcomes, delays results, and violates the law,» Jason Snead, Honest Elections Project executive director, told Fox News Digital in a statement.
SUPREME COURT SAYS ILLINOIS CONGRESSMAN CAN SUE OVER STATE MAIL-IN VOTING LAWS
Mail-in ballots are inspected at the Los Angeles County Ballot Processing Center on Nov. 4, 2025, in California. (Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)
Oral arguments in the case, Watson v. Republican National Committee, are set for March 23, and a decision is expected by the summer.
The case arose from a lawsuit brought by the RNC challenging Mississippi’s practice of counting mail ballots received up to five business days after Election Day if postmarked by that day.
The RNC chose to bring the case in the Republican-friendly U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, which ruled in the RNC’s favor and found that federal law trumps the state’s deadline and requires ballots to be received by Election Day.
At issue is whether statutes establishing a single Election Day mean that all ballots must be received by that day to be valid. The election integrity groups argued that under the Supreme Court’s decision from three decades ago in Foster v. Love, the «final act of selection» must occur on Election Day and that receipt of a mail-in ballot constitutes casting a ballot, which cannot happen after Election Day by that standard.

Minnie Bounds, 74, fills out her ballot at Blackburn Laboratory Middle School on Nov. 07, 2023, in Jackson, Mississippi. After months of candidates campaigning, the state of Mississippi is voting today in the Governor’s race between Gov. Tate Reeves and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Brandon Presley. (Brandon Bell/Getty Images)
Snead said a favorable ruling from the Supreme Court would «protect the rights of voters and the integrity of the democratic process, and ensure that it is easy to vote but hard to cheat in future elections.»
The election integrity coalition argued that allowing ballots to arrive after Election Day can lead to delayed results and can chip away at voters’ confidence in elections.
The groups also pointed to recent U.S. Postal Service guidance that warned that postmarks might not reliably reflect when a ballot entered the mail.
HOUSE GOP MOVES TO REQUIRE PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP, PHOTO ID TO VOTE IN FEDERAL ELECTION

The Supreme Court building is seen in Washington, D.C. (AP/Jon Elswick)
Fourteen states and Washington, D.C., currently count ballots received after Election Day if postmarked on time.
Since the 2024 midterm election, four Republican-controlled states, Kansas, Ohio, Utah and North Dakota, have moved to require receipt by Election Day.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
A ruling upholding the 5th Circuit could invalidate the laws in the 14 states and require ballots to be in election officials’ hands by the close of polls. The decision is expected to affect the 2026 midterms.
Military and overseas ballots, which are governed by the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, would likely remain unaffected.
supreme court,mississippi,elections,judiciary,voting,voter fraud concerns
INTERNACIONAL
Iran fires live missiles into Strait of Hormuz as Trump envoys arrive for nuclear talks

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Iran fired live missiles into the Strait of Hormuz during naval drills Tuesday and signaled it is prepared to close the strategic waterway if ordered by senior leadership, according to Iranian state-affiliated media.
The drills come as President Donald Trump’s envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner are meeting senior Iranian officials in Geneva for a second round of nuclear talks.
Rear Adm. Alireza Tangsiri, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy, said Tehran stands ready to shut down the strait, a critical global oil transit route, according to Tasnim News Agency, an outlet affiliated with the IRGC.
Tasnim said traffic through the shipping corridor was suspended for several hours during the «Smart Control of the Strait of Hormuz» exercise, which included missile launches from vessels, coastal positions and inland sites, as well as drone operations conducted in signal-jamming conditions.
TOP IRAN SECURITY OFFICIAL SEEN IN OMAN DAYS AFTER INDIRECT NUCLEAR TALKS WITH US
Iranian military personnel take part in the «Smart Control of the Strait of Hormuz» exercise in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz on Feb. 16, 2026. (Press Office Of The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps/Handout/Anadolu via Getty Images)
U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) previously urged the IRGC in late January to carry out its announced two-day live-fire naval exercise «in a manner that is safe, professional and avoids unnecessary risk to freedom of navigation for international maritime traffic.»
«U.S. forces acknowledge Iran’s right to operate professionally in international airspace and waters. Any unsafe and unprofessional behavior near U.S. forces, regional partners or commercial vessels increases risks of collision, escalation, and destabilization,» it said.
GLOBAL PROTESTS CALL FOR IRAN REGIME CHANGE IN MAJOR CITIES WORLDWIDE AFTER BLOODY CRACKDOWN

Iranian military personnel take part in the «Smart Control of the Strait of Hormuz» exercise in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz on Feb. 16, 2026. (Press Office Of The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps/Handout/Anadolu via Getty Images)
The Trump administration has built up a large military presence in the Middle East as talks over Iran’s nuclear program continue, with U.S. officials signaling that any potential agreement would need to go beyond enrichment and address broader security concerns.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said in February that for negotiations to be «meaningful,» they would need to address Iran’s ballistic missiles, its sponsorship of terrorist organizations across the region, its nuclear program and its treatment of its own people.
UK, FRANCE, GERMANY TRIGGER UN SANCTIONS ON IRAN OVER ‘SIGNIFICANT’ NUCLEAR PROGRAM DEFIANCE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Monday that he would be involved in the talks «indirectly.»
«They’ll be very important and we’ll see what can happen. It’s been – typically Iran’s a very tough negotiator. They’re good negotiators or bad. I would say they’re bad negotiators because we could have had a deal instead of sending the B-2’s in to knock out their nuclear potential,» he said. «And we had to send the B-2’s. I hope they’re going to be more reasonable. They want to make a deal.»
iran,middle east,donald trump
POLITICA2 días agoUno de los jefes de la CGT adelantó que convocarán a un paro general por la reforma laboral: “Trabajaremos para que sea una gran huelga”
POLITICA18 horas agoCristian Ritondo: “Vamos a apoyar la ley de modernización laboral, pero no el régimen de licencias por enfermedad”
POLITICA2 días agoEfecto Santa Fe: policías y penitenciarios de Río Negro rechazaron un aumento en cuotas y amenazan con acampar por tiempo indeterminado en Viedma

















