Connect with us

INTERNACIONAL

Israel warns of imminent attack on Gaza City, urges residents to flee

Published

on


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Israel urged Palestinians to leave several areas of Gaza City as its military campaign in the enclave escalated.

Advertisement

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Spokesperson for Arabic Media Col. Avichay Adraee issued a warning to Palestinians in areas that Israel was planning to target. The warning included a map showing the area and highlighting one building. Adraee said Israel is planning to strike the area «due to the presence of Hamas terrorist infrastructure inside or nearby» it.

«For your safety, you are required to immediately evacuate the area southward to the humanitarian area in Al-Mawasi, Khan Yunis,» Adraee said.

The warning from Adraee comes as the IDF expands its ground operations in Gaza City as part of what it calls Operation Gideon’s Chariots II.

Advertisement

ISRAEL SET TO LAUNCH GAZA CITY OFFENSIVE: HIGH STAKES, HIGH COSTS AHEAD

Displaced Palestinians flee northern Gaza towards the south via Al-Rashid Street in Gaza City, Palestinian Territories, on Sept. 1, 2025.  (Ibrahim Gazlih/Middle East Images/AFP via Getty Images)

Before its expanded operations in northern Gaza, Israel designated a humanitarian area in Khan Younis, which is in the south. The IDF said the area will include «essential humanitarian infrastructure such as field hospitals, water pipelines, and desalination facilities, alongside the continued supply of food, tents, medicines and medical equipment to the area.»

Advertisement

The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories, or COGAT, an Israeli agency, announced Thursday that thousands of tents and shelter equipment were moved into southern Gaza ahead of the arrival of evacuees from the north. COGAT said it was working with international partners to ensure that humanitarian supplies were available.

Palestinians run during Israeli airstrike

Palestinians run for cover during an Israeli airstrike on a high-rise building in Gaza City, Friday, Sept. 5, 2025, after the Israeli army issued a prior warning.  (Yousef Al Zanoun/AP Photo)

ISRAEL ANNOUNCES MASS RELOCATION OF PALESTINIANS TO SOUTHERN GAZA AHEAD OF NEW OFFENSIVE

Israel faced backlash almost immediately after it announced plans to expand operations to Gaza City last month. While the international community has been critical of Jerusalem’s handling of the war since October 2023, Israel’s pivot toward operating in Gaza City drew even more ire.

Advertisement

«The Israeli government’s decision to further escalate its offensive in Gaza is wrong, and we urge it to reconsider immediately,» U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer said in August after Israel’s announcement. «This action will do nothing to bring an end to this conflict or to help secure the release of the hostages. It will only bring more bloodshed.»

Palestinians run after Israeli airstrike in Gaza City

Palestinians rush to the site of an Israeli army airstrike on a high-rise building in Gaza City, Friday, Sept. 5, 2025, after the Israeli military issued a prior warning.  (Yousef Al Zanoun/AP Photo)

Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney, a vocal critic of Israel, also condemned the August announcement.

«This escalation will do nothing to end the humanitarian horror in Gaza or the deepening suffering of both the Israeli hostages and Palestinian civilians,» Carney said in a statement. He also asserted that the move would make peace even further out of reach for Israelis.

Advertisement

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

France, which plans to recognize a Palestinian state this month at the United Nations, also voiced its opposition to Israel expanding operations in Gaza. It joined a statement issued by Slovenian U.N. Ambassador Samuel Žbogar. 

The statement was issued on behalf of Slovenia, Denmark, France, Greece and the United Kingdom. The nations said Israel’s plans violated international law and urged Jerusalem to «reverse this decision and not to implement it.»

Advertisement



conflicts,israel,middle east

Advertisement

INTERNACIONAL

Democrat lawmakers rush to bash Trump even as jobs, inflation reports beat projections

Published

on


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Democrats are sticking to their skepticism about President Donald Trump’s performance on the economy, blasting the country’s «unaffordability» even as the reporting from January exceeded expectations on inflation and the job market.

Advertisement

January’s inflation report, released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, showed just a 2.5% increase in prices over last year — a number that inches the economy closer to the Federal Reserve’s target of 2%.

Similarly, the U.S. jobs report for last month showed that the economy added 130,000 jobs, beating out projections from forecasters like Reuters, Oxford University and Bloomberg.

Many predictions had estimated the U.S. would add just 50,000 to 75,000 in January.

Advertisement

REPORTER’S NOTEBOOK: GOP TARGETS AFFORDABILITY WITH RECONCILIATION 2.0 PLAN AHEAD OF MIDTERMS

The Department of Labor shown in Washington, D.C. (Getty Images)

The reports are the latest in a series of reports during the second Trump administration that have defied Democrat predictions of persistent inflation and economic downturn amid the implementation of GOP policies that Democrats oppose, such as Trump’s tariffs and a more aggressive focus on domestic production.  

Advertisement

But to Democrats like Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., the top Democrat on the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Development Committee, the numbers don’t make good on the promises Trump made on the campaign trail.

«Donald Trump promised to lower costs ‘on day one.’ But one year into his second term, food continues to get more expensive, utility costs are soaring, and housing prices are rising,» Warren said in a statement on the inflation report.

«Trump is making life less affordable for American families – and instead of fixing the economic pain he’s caused, he says this is the Trump economy, and he is ‘very proud’ of it,» she said.

Advertisement

Among the policies Democrats believe are contributing to high prices, Rep. Brendan Boyle, D-Pa., the ranking member on the House Budget Committee, singled out Trump’s position on tariffs in his own statement about the price index.

«Donald Trump promised he would end inflation on ‘day one.’ Today is Day 389, and prices are higher than ever,» Boyle said.

TRUMP HITS THE ROAD TO SELL ECONOMIC WINS, AS REPUBLICANS BRACE FOR HIGH-STAKES MIDTERM SHOWDOWN

Advertisement
President Donald Trump holding a poster of his administration's reciprocal tariffs.

President Donald Trump speaks during a «Make America Wealthy Again» trade announcement event in the Rose Garden at the White House on April 2, 2025, in Washington, D.C.  (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

«Instead of keeping his promise, Trump has increased the costs Americans pay through his massive tariff taxes — the highest tariffs since the Great Depression. Ordinary Americans simply can’t afford Trump’s reckless economic policies,» he said.

The criticisms from Boyle and Warren aren’t new. House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., blasted the administration on affordability even ahead of the reporting on inflation. 

«Costs haven’t gone down in the United States of America. Costs have gone up under failed Republican policies. Housing costs are out of control. Grocery costs are out of control. Healthcare costs are out of control. Utility bills are out of control. And child care costs are out of control,» Jeffries said in a press conference last week.

Advertisement

Other Democrats believe the numbers themselves may come with an asterisk.

Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, said he thinks the job report, in particular, doesn’t signal a strong market on its own.

«Beating expectations once doesn’t absolve the pain of the meager monthly average of 15,000 jobs created last year,» Neal said in a statement about the labor report.

Advertisement

«The fine print of this report, which shows significant downward revisions of Trump’s first year in office, casts strong doubt that people can rely on this administration to deliver for them,» Neal said, referring to other disappointing jobs reports from 2025.

‘PRICES ARE COMING DOWN’: TRUMP HAILS HIS ECONOMY, BLAMES BIDEN AS VOTERS SAY COSTS STILL STING

Hakeem Jeffries

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., walks towards the House chamber on Capitol Hill on Dec. 18, 2025, in Washington, D.C. (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)

Maxine Waters, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee, believes Republicans are showing signs of nervousness about the economy.

Advertisement

She believes that Trump has already tacitly admitted that affordability remains an issue for Americans.

«Trump called this affordability crisis a ‘hoax,’ but he knows it’s real and now wants to cap credit card interest rates at 10%,» Waters said, referring to an idea floated by Trump earlier this year to limit the amount banks can charge borrowers.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Advertisement

«Well, President Trump, I’m pleased to know if you’re listening, we don’t agree on much of anything, but we do on this,» Waters said.

Democrats contacted by Fox News Digital did not address whether the numbers from the January reporting indicated the country was on the right track, despite their other outstanding concerns.

Advertisement

congress,democratic party,economy,politics

Advertisement
Continue Reading

INTERNACIONAL

Paris police raid Arab World Institute in connection with Epstein investigation

Published

on


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

French police raided the headquarters of the Arab World Institute (AWI) on Monday as part of its investigation into a former government official’s connections to Jeffrey Epstein.

Advertisement

Authorities searched the Paris headquarters along with several other locations, according to the national financial prosecutor. The investigators were searching for documents relating to ex-culture minister Jack Lang, who served as the AWI’s head until his resignation last month. AWI is a part of France’s foreign ministry.

Both Jack and Caroline Lang have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing or receiving financial benefits from Epstein. Their lawyer, Laurent Merlet, told French broadcaster BFMTV this month that «there was no movement of funds.»

Fallout from the release of millions of new documents related to Epstein has rippled through Europe. On Saturday, Paris prosecutors set up a dedicated team to review the files, coordinating with the financial prosecutor and national police.

Advertisement

PRINCE WILLIAM, PRINCESS CATHERINE ‘DEEPLY CONCERNED’ BY EPSTEIN FILES REVELATIONS, PALACE SAYS

French police officers patrol in front of the Arab World Institute in Paris on Feb. 16, 2026. (Charlotte Siemon/AFP via Getty Images)

Attorney General Pam Bondi announced in a letter on Saturday that «all» Epstein files have now been released, consistent with Section 3 of the Epstein Files Transparency Act.

Advertisement

«In accordance with the requirements of the Act, and as described in various Department submissions to the courts of the Southern District of New York assigned to the Epstein and Maxwell prosecutions and related orders, the Department released all ‘records, documents, communications and investigative materials in the possession of the Department’ that ‘relate to’ any of nine different categories,» the letter read.

The letter includes a list of more than 300 high-profile names, including President Donald Trump, Barack and Michelle Obama, Prince Harry, Bill Gates, Woody Allen, Kurt Cobain, Mark Zuckerberg and Bruce Springsteen.

Chad Pergram asks Attorney General Pam Bondi questions before Capitol Hill hearing

Attorney General Pam Bondi arrives at the Rayburn House Office Building on Capitol Hill and takes questions from Fox News chief congressional correspondent Chad Pergram ahead of a House hearing. (Tom Williams)

CBS NEWS SCRAMBLES AS NEW CONTRIBUTOR’S EPSTEIN EMAIL CONNECTIONS SURFACE IN LATEST DOJ FILES

Advertisement

In accordance with the Epstein Files Transparency Act, the list of names includes «all persons where (1) they are or were a government official or politically exposed person and (2) their name appears in the files released under the Act at least once,» the letter said, adding that the names appear in a «wide variety of contexts.»

Some of the names mentioned had «extensive direct email contact with Epstein or Maxwell» while others were mentioned «in a portion of a document (including press reporting) that on its face is unrelated to the Epstein and Maxwell matters,» the letter said.

Epstein and Maxwell

The Department of Justice released a trove of Epstein documents on Dec. 19 following President Trump’s signature on the Epstein Files Transparency Act in November 2025. (Joe Schildhorn/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Advertisement

The document outlines the broad range of Epstein-related materials, including records concerning Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell; references to individuals—up to and including government officials—connected to Epstein’s activities; and documents tied to civil settlements and legal resolutions such as immunity deals, plea agreements, non-prosecution agreements and sealed arrangements. 

Reuters contributed to this report.

Advertisement



france,jeffrey epstein,world

Advertisement
Continue Reading

INTERNACIONAL

Francia: el asesinato a patadas de un joven de ultraderecha conmueve al país y acusan a grupos de extrema izquierda

Published

on


La muerte de Quentin, un joven de ultraderecha en un enfrentamiento a golpes y patadas en la cabeza con un grupo de ultraizquierda en Lyon el sábado pasado, estremece a Francia y genera alta tensión en todo el país, a un mes de las elecciones municipales en la ciudad.

Dos días después de los enfrentamientos cerca de la Universidad Sciences Po, el joven murió en el hospital, a donde había llegado con muerte cerebral. Su fallecimiento desencadenó una polémica política nacional.

Advertisement

Un joven de ultraderecha

El estudiante, identificado solo como Quentin D para proteger la privacidad de su familia, formaba parte de un pequeño equipo informal que proporcionaba seguridad a los miembros de Némesis, un grupo feminista de extrema derecha.

Un video de una pelea callejera en Lyon muestra a personas luchando y otras tiradas en el suelo. Las imágenes compartidas en redes sociales supuestamente mostraban a tres estudiantes siendo golpeados.

Advertisement

El grupo protestaba por la presencia de Rima Hassan, eurodiputada de France Insumisa y activista propalestina, en una reunión en el campus de Sciences Po Lyon.

La víctima, un estudiante de matemáticas que se cree estudiaba en otra universidad local, fue seguido y atacado por un grupo de presuntos activistas violentos de izquierda cuando abandonaba el lugar de la protesta.

Golpeado hasta quedar inconsciente, fue trasladado al hospital en estado crítico y puesto en coma. Falleció por lesiones cerebrales dos días después.

Advertisement

Nada justifica un asesinato

«Ninguna causa ni ideología justifica un asesinato», declaró el presidente Emmanuel Macron, haciendo un llamamiento a la calma y la moderación.

Los conservadores acusaron al partido de extrema izquierda France Insumisa de incitar a la violencia. Marine Le Pen denunció a las «milicias de izquierda», que, según ella, deberían ser tratadas como «grupos terroristas».

Advertisement

El joven de 23 años se vio envuelto en enfrentamientos entre activistas de extrema izquierda y extrema derecha en Lyon, a dos horas en tren de Paris.

Culpan a Francia Insumisa

Gérald Darmanin, ministro de Justicia francés, culpó a la «ultraizquierda» del asesinato. Acusó a políticos de este sector de alimentar la «violencia desenfrenada» con su lenguaje.

Advertisement

Bruno Retailleau, exministro del Interior y líder del conservador Partido Republicano, afirmó que la muerte era una «prueba horrorosa de la violencia extrema que reina en los grupos satélites que gravitan en torno a France Insumisa».

El partido negó cualquier implicación en los enfrentamientos. «Por favor, dejen de intentar implicar a Rima Hassan y a su formación en esta tragedia«, declaró Manuel Bompard, uno de los líderes de la organización, en una publicación en X.

Jordan Bardella, presidente de la Reagrupación Nacional, acusó a La Jeune Garde (La Joven Guardia), un grupo proscrito de extrema izquierda, de estar detrás de la violencia.

Advertisement

Némesis, por su parte, señaló a grupos «antifascistas» presuntamente vinculados con la izquierda parlamentaria y expresó su apoyo a la familia del fallecido. Varias oficinas del partido han sido vandalizadas desde los hechos ocurridos el jueves.

“Nuestras sedes fueron atacadas en todo el país tras los llamamientos de Retailleau y Le Pen, quienes encubrieron y reiteraron las acusaciones infundadas contra nosotros”, tuiteó Jean-Luc Mélenchon.

La diputada exige investigación

Advertisement

Hassan, cercana a Mélenchon, declaró: “Una investigación debe esclarecer las circunstancias de estos actos, extremadamente graves e inaceptables, que condeno firmemente”. Exigió que los responsables “sean llevados ante la justicia con celeridad”.

La abogada de migración franco-palestina de 33 años, quien se ha convertido en una figura destacada del movimiento propalestino, ha negado rotundamente las acusaciones de antisemitismo de grupos judíos y de la Liga Internacional contra el Racismo y el Antisemitismo.

Un asistente parlamentario de France Insumisa ha negado las acusaciones de participación en el ataque. Sin embargo, Jacques-Elie Favrot, asistente de Raphaël Arnault, anunció el domingo su dimisión temporal hasta que concluya la investigación. Arnault, uno de los fundadores de La Jeune Garde, se declaró «horrorizado y disgustado» por lo sucedido.

Advertisement

La fiscalía investiga la muerte del estudiante como «homicidio agravado», aunque todavía no se han realizado arrestos.

Un país horrorizado por la violencia

Imágenes publicadas en línea que parecen mostrar la agresión causaron indignación en todo el espectro político.

Advertisement

«En una democracia, nadie debería morir por sus ideas», declaró Olivier Faure, líder del Partido Socialista. «Ningún desacuerdo político puede justificar la violencia», añadió Grégory Doucet, alcalde de Lyon.

En una entrevista radial el domingo, Macron acusó a los líderes de France Insumisa de hacer «declaraciones antisemitas» y pidió que se inhabilite a los políticos declarados culpables de tales actos para ejercer cargos públicos.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Tendencias