INTERNACIONAL
Momentum builds for Israel-Syria peace as Trump reboots regional diplomacy

For the first time, Syrians are openly calling for peace with Israel. In an interview with Fox News Digital, journalist Furat Alali from Damascus said, «We want a future without wars. We want to live. People are not afraid to speak up anymore.»
Her statement reflects a significant shift in the country’s political landscape, as many Syrians begin to openly discuss the prospect of peace with Israel. This change comes at a time when Syria and Israel are engaged in direct talks as Reuters revealed on Tuesday, marking a dramatic departure from the decades-long hostility between the two nations.
Reuters reported, Israel and Syria have recently held direct meetings focused on security issues along their shared border. These talks represent a major step in the relationship between the two countries, which have been adversaries for decades.
A WEAKENED HEZBOLLAH LEADS SOME IN LEBANON TO TALK OF PEACE WITH ISRAEL AS US PUSHES SIDES TOGETHER
A Syrian opposition fighter takes a picture of a comrade stepping on a portrait of Syrian President Bashar Assad in Aleppo, early Saturday, Nov. 30, 2024. (AP Photo/Ghaith Alsayed)
Sources familiar with the discussions have indicated that the U.S. has played a pivotal role in facilitating these talks, encouraging Syria’s new leadership to engage with Israel.
The discussions come after a shift in U.S. policy, following President Donald Trump’s meeting with Syrian interim President Ahmed al-Sharaa earlier this month. The meeting signaled a break from decades of U.S. hostility toward Syria’s Assad regime and opened the door to potential normalization between Syria and Israel.
While the talks are still in the early stages, Trump’s engagement has raised the possibility of Syria’s leadership eventually normalizing ties with Israel, although this process will likely take time.
Furat Alali explained: «We don’t want to be part of the Axis of Resistance anymore. The Palestinian cause has been used to oppress us. We feel sympathy for the Palestinians, but now we need to focus on Syria and our future.»

U.S. President Donald Trump meets with Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in this handout released on May 14, 2025. Saudi Press Agency/Handout via Reuters.
Lina Ali, a 24-year-old pharmacist from Latakia, told Fox News Digital, «We feel for the people of Gaza. We condemn the mass killings, but we are in a different situation. We are thinking about our own interests now. The idea of exploiting the Palestinian cause to oppress the Syrian people has been rejected. We are tired of this.»
Another young woman interviewed by Jusoor News, a Pan-Arab media outlet, shared similar thoughts: «We are for anything that serves our country’s interest. We’ve lived through difficult times. The country’s economy is very weak. It’s time for people to live.»
FALL OF SYRIA’S BASHAR ASSAD IS STRATEGIC BLOW TO IRAN AND RUSSIA, EXPERTS SAY
An elderly Syrian man explained to Jusoor, «We’ve spent 40-50 years preaching Arabism and liberating Palestine, and what do we have to show for it? Nothing. It’s time for peace.»
The shift in Syria’s stance on Israel is significant, especially given the historical enmity between the two nations. For decades, Syria and Israel have been locked in conflict, with the status of the Golan Heights remaining a key point of contention since its capture by Israel during the 1967 war. Syria’s involvement in the Axis of Resistance, aligning with Iran and Hezbollah against Israel, has been a cornerstone of its foreign policy.
However, the recent emergence of interim president Ahmed al-Sharaa has raised new possibilities, as well as concerns.
Furat Ali said, «I was one of the journalists who extensively covered the violations of Jabhat al-Nusra before the fall of the Assad regime, the group Al-Jolani emerged from (using his previous name), which was part of al-Qaeda. I know exactly what they did. So, when I first heard that Al-Jolani was taking over Aleppo and challenging Assad, I was scared.»

The Syrian army sends reinforcements, including tanks, armored vehicles and rocket launchers, to Latakia and Tartus as search operations against the ousted regime forces expand following an attack on security forces in Latakia province of Syria on March 7, 2025. (Izettin Kasim/Anadolu via Getty Images)
«But as time went on,» she added, «when he rebranded himself as Ahmed al-Sharaa and promised a new direction, I saw he was smart. He managed to convince the West to lift sanctions and engage with him, bringing back international recognition for Syria. While we remain skeptical and cautious, what we’re seeing from Sharaa domestically is so far being accepted.»
Joseph Braude, founder and president of the Center for Peace Communications, highlighted the significance of the shift in public opinion within Syria. He noted, «People in Syria and Lebanon often associate the Palestinian issue with dictators who exploited it to justify corruption and brutality. There is a growing rejection of pro-Palestinian militancy, as many people now desire to turn the page and focus on new partnerships aimed at developing their own countries.
«We believe that it has become a majority view in Syria that if peace with Israel brings economic development and improvements, then it’s worth pursuing.»

Syrians gather at Umayyad Square to celebrate the collapse of 61 years of Baath Party rule in Damascus, Syria on December 9, 2024. (Murat Sengul/Anadolu via Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
He also pointed out that in countries dominated by Iran and its militias, ordinary people have the clearest understanding of the harm these groups cause. «They are among the most eager for a different future, increasingly calling for peace,» Braude added.
As one man interviewed by Jusoor News put it: «We’ve suffered years of oppression and war. It’s time for reconstruction. We need peace with everyone,» another Syrian added’ «I support normalization a million percent! If normalization with Israel, or America or whoever can bring us comfort, then I’m on board. We just want peace!»
INTERNACIONAL
Caso Andrés: la policía peina cada rincón de su antigua mansión tras el operativo supersecreto para detenerlo

Una operación secreta
Un convoy discreto hasta Sandringham
Como un sospechoso ordinario
Huellas dactilares y foto
INTERNACIONAL
What America’s most powerful warship brings to the Middle East as Iran tensions surge

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The Pentagon is deploying the USS Gerald R. Ford to the Middle East, creating a rare two-carrier presence in the region as tensions with Iran rise and questions swirl about possible U.S. military action.
The Ford will reinforce the USS Abraham Lincoln already operating in theater, significantly expanding American airpower at a moment of heightened regional uncertainty.
While officials have not announced imminent action, the dual-carrier presence increases the Pentagon’s flexibility — from deterrence patrols to sustained strike operations — should diplomacy falter.
The largest aircraft carrier in the world
The Gerald R. Ford is the largest and most advanced aircraft carrier ever built.
Commissioned in 2017, the nuclear-powered warship stretches more than 1,100 feet and displaces more than 100,000 tons of water. It serves as a floating air base that can operate in international waters without relying on host-nation approval — a key advantage in politically sensitive theaters.
Powered by two nuclear reactors, the ship has virtually unlimited range and endurance and is designed to serve for decades as the backbone of U.S. naval power projection.
The world’s largest aircraft carrier, USS Gerald R. Ford, steams alongside the replenishment oiler Laramie. (U.S. Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 6th Fleet / Handout via Reuters)
WORLD’S LARGEST AIRCRAFT CARRIER HEADS TO MIDDLE EAST AS IRAN NUCLEAR TENSIONS SPIKE DRAMATICALLY
How much airpower does it carry?
A typical air wing aboard the Ford includes roughly 75 aircraft, though the exact mix depends on mission requirements.
Those aircraft can include F/A-18 Super Hornets, stealth F-35C Joint Strike Fighters, EA-18G Growler electronic warfare jets, E-2D Hawkeye early warning aircraft and MH-60 helicopters.
In a potential conflict with Iran, several of those platforms would be central.
The F-35C is designed to penetrate contested airspace and carry out precision strikes against heavily defended targets. The Growler specializes in jamming enemy radar and communications — a critical capability against Iran’s layered air defense systems.
The E-2D extends surveillance hundreds of miles, helping coordinate air and missile defense.
Together, they give commanders options ranging from deterrence patrols to sustained strike operations.

An F-18E fighter jet takes off from the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford as it sails during NATO Neptune Strike 2025 exercise on Sept. 24, 2025, in the North Sea. (Jonathan Klein/AFP via Getty Images)
Built for higher combat tempo
What separates the Ford from earlier carriers is its ability to generate more sorties over time.
Instead of traditional steam catapults, it uses an electromagnetic aircraft launch system, or EMALS, allowing aircraft to launch more smoothly and at a faster pace. The system is designed to reduce stress on jets and increase operational tempo.
The ship also features advanced arresting gear and a redesigned flight deck that allows more aircraft to be staged and cycled efficiently.
In a high-intensity scenario — particularly one involving missile launches or rapid escalation — the ability to launch and recover aircraft quickly can be decisive.
How it compares to the Lincoln
While both the Ford and the Abraham Lincoln are 100,000-ton, nuclear-powered supercarriers capable of carrying roughly 60 aircraft to 75 aircraft, they represent different generations of naval design.
The Lincoln is a Nimitz-class carrier commissioned in 1989 and part of a fleet that has supported decades of operations in the Middle East. The Ford is the Navy’s next-generation carrier and the lead ship of its class.
The key difference is efficiency and output.
The Ford was built to generate a higher sustained sortie rate using its electromagnetic launch system, along with a redesigned flight deck and upgraded power systems. In practical terms, both ships bring substantial strike capability — but the Ford is designed to launch and recover aircraft faster over extended operations, giving commanders greater flexibility if tensions escalate.

USS Gerald R. Ford pictured in the Mediterranean Sea. (U.S Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 6th Fleet / Handout via Reuters)
IRAN SIGNALS NUCLEAR PROGRESS IN GENEVA AS TRUMP CALLS FOR FULL DISMANTLEMENT
How it defends itself
The Ford does not sail alone. It operates as the centerpiece of a carrier strike group that typically includes guided-missile destroyers, cruisers and attack submarines.
Those escort ships provide layered air and missile defense, anti-submarine protection and additional strike capability.
The carrier itself carries defensive systems including Evolved Sea Sparrow Missiles, Rolling Airframe Missiles and the Phalanx Close-In Weapon System — designed to intercept incoming threats at close range.
That defensive posture is especially relevant in the Middle East.
Iran has invested heavily in anti-ship ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, armed drones, naval mines and fast-attack craft operated by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The Gulf region presents a dense and complex threat environment, even for advanced U.S. warships.

The world’s largest warship, U.S. aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford, on its way out of the Oslofjord at Nesodden and Bygdoy, Norway, Sept. 17, 2025. (NTB/Lise Aserud via Reuters)
Why two carriers matter
With both the Ford and the Lincoln in theater, commanders gain more than just added firepower. Two carriers allow the U.S. to sustain a higher tempo of operations, distribute aircraft across multiple areas, or maintain continuous presence if one ship needs to reposition or resupply.
Dual-carrier deployments are relatively uncommon and typically coincide with periods of heightened regional tension.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The timing — as negotiations with Tehran continue — underscores the strategic message. Carriers are often deployed not only to fight wars, but to prevent them.
By positioning both ships in the region, Washington is signaling that if diplomacy falters, military options will already be in place.
conflicts defense,us navy,iran,middle east,pentagon
INTERNACIONAL
Trump dijo que desclasificará la información secreta del Gobierno de EE.UU. sobre «los extraterrestres y ovnis»

Donald Trump anunció que ordenará a las agencias federales de Estados Unidos publicar documentos clasificados sobre “vida extraterrestre” y “ovnis”.
El presidente eligió su red social, Truth, para lanzar la promesa y aseguró que el proceso incluirá archivos sobre fenómenos aéreos no identificados (UAP) y objetos voladores no identificados (UFOs), además de cualquier otra información relevante.
Leé también: Trump aseguró que Obama reveló información clasificada cuando habló de la existencia de extraterrestres
“En vista del gran interés mostrado, ordenaré al secretario de Defensa, Pete Hegseth, y a otros departamentos y agencias relevantes que inicien el proceso de identificación y publicación de archivos gubernamentales relacionados con vida extraterrestre, fenómenos aéreos no identificados y objetos voladores no identificados, así como cualquier otra información relacionada con estos asuntos altamente complejos, pero extremadamente interesantes e importantes”, escribió Trump en su mensaje.
Cruce con Obama y acusaciones de información clasificada
Horas antes, Trump apuntó contra Barack Obama y lo acusó de revelar información clasificada sobre alienígenas durante una entrevista en un popular podcast. “Son reales, pero no los he visto y no los tienen guardados en… el Área 51”, le dijo al presentador Brian Tyler Cohen al referirse a esa instalación secreta y que es centro de muchas teorías conspirativas sobre los ovnis.
El expresidente demócrata Barack Obama causó revuelo al decir en un podcast que los extraterrestres «son reales». (Foto: EFE/EPA/Micheal Reynolds)
“No hay una instalación subterránea. A menos que exista una conspiración enorme y se lo hayan ocultado al presidente de Estados Unidos”, agregó.
Las declaraciones de Obama generaron revuelo en redes sociales y alimentaron la expectativa de quienes creen en la existencia de vida fuera de la Tierra.
El exmandatario demócrata intentó bajar el tono y, en un comunicado, sostuvo: “El universo es tan vasto que hay muchas probabilidades de que contenga otras formas de vida. Pero las distancias entre los sistemas solares son tan grandes que la probabilidad de que hayamos sido visitados por extraterrestres es baja, y durante mi presidencia no vi ninguna evidencia de que extraterrestres hayan contactado con nosotros. ¡De verdad!”.
Al ser consultado por periodistas a bordo del Air Force One, Trump insistió en que Obama “proporcionó información clasificada; y se supone que no debe hacerlo”.
Sin embargo, evitó responder si eso significa que los alienígenas existen y deslizó que podría “sacar de apuros” a su antecesor desclasificando los archivos, aunque no dio detalles sobre cómo ni cuándo lo haría.
Una promesa en medio de sospechas y cortinas de humo
Como suele ocurrir con Trump, no está claro si cumplirá con su promesa ni de qué manera piensa hacerlo. Tampoco se sabe cuánto de “cortina de humo” hay en el anuncio, justo cuando otros temas sensibles, como el caso Epstein, dominan la agenda mediática en Estados Unidos.
Lo cierto es que el interés por los ovnis y la vida extraterrestre creció en los últimos años. Según una encuesta de YouGov de noviembre pasado, el 56% de los estadounidenses cree que “los alienígenas visitaron la Tierra”.
El Congreso y los testimonios sobre ovnis
El tema no es nuevo en la política estadounidense. El Congreso realizó varias audiencias sobre ovnis, y en el verano de 2023 escuchó a testigos clave como David Fravor (comandante retirado de la Marina), Ryan Graves (expiloto de la Armada) y David Grusch (exoficial de inteligencia de la Fuerza Aérea), quien afirmó que el Pentágono tiene partes de naves alienígenas y “restos no humanos”.
Leé también: Así cayó el príncipe Andrés: su vínculo con Epstein, títulos reales perdidos y un arresto histórico
El objetivo de esas audiencias fue presionar al Pentágono para que difunda información clasificada, bajo el argumento de que se trata de una cuestión de seguridad nacional.
Algunos legisladores, como Tim Burchett (Tennessee), insisten en que los UAP pueden ser naves extraterrestres, pero también globos espía, artefactos de potencias rivales como China y Rusia, chatarra aeroespacial, satélites de Elon Musk o simples ilusiones ópticas.
Una fascinación que viene de lejos
La obsesión de Estados Unidos por los ovnis se remonta a 1947, cuando el piloto Kenneth Arnold describió una cadena de objetos brillantes sobre el Monte Rainier, en Seattle, y popularizó el término “platillo volador”, según re4cordó el diario El País.
En 2017, un artículo de The New York Times reveló la existencia de un programa secreto del Pentágono que desde 2007 estudia los avistamientos militares de UAP. Tras esa publicación, el Departamento de Defensa decidió en 2020 divulgar videos de encuentros de pilotos militares con objetos voladores no identificados, que ya circulaban por internet.
Donald Trump, ovnis, extraterrestres, Barack Obama
POLITICA3 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
ECONOMIA2 días agoAyuda Escolar Anual: a cuánto asciende, donde se tramita y quien puede cobrarla
POLITICA3 días agoEl Gobierno endurece las medidas de seguridad y control en la marcha prevista contra la reforma laboral en el Congreso













