INTERNACIONAL
Russia blames Trump for Iran nuclear crisis, says E3 has turned to ‘diplomacy at the barrel of the gun’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Russia on Thursday struck out against President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw the U.S. from the 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran and argued Washington is to blame for Tehran’s non-compliance with the international treaty.
The accusation came just hours after the U.K., France and Germany (E3) alerted the UN Security Council that they had initiated the snapback mechanism to reimpose severe UN sanctions on Iran within 30-days, following its non-compliance with the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA.)
«The United States abandoned JCPOA, and since then the situation started [to] deteriorate,» Dmitry Polyanskiy, Russia’s UN Ambassador, said Thursday.
«We should not confuse the real source of the problem that happened in 2018,» he added in reference to Trump’s decision to drop the U.S. from the JCPOA over Iran’s alleged violation of the agreement.
Dmitry Polyanskiy, First Deputy Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation, speaks during a United Nations Security Council meeting on maintenance of peace and security of Ukraine at the U.N. Headquarters on in New York City on March 26, 2025. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)
UK, FRANCE, GERMANY TRIGGER UN SANCTIONS ON IRAN OVER ‘SIGNIFICANT’ NUCLEAR PROGRAM DEFIANCE
Though Trump has repeatedly claimed Tehran was violating the agreement, the UN’s nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as well as the other signatories on the JCPOA said there was no evidence that Iran had begun expanding its nuclear program until 2019 – a stance it continues to hold.
«We all know that the measures that were taken by Iran in terms of uranium enrichment, they were taken in response to the U.S. withdrawal from JCPOA,» the Russian diplomat said Thursday. «And these measures can easily be reviewed.»
Russia and China on Thursday introduced a draft UNSC resolution in an attempt to extend the timeline of the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement by six months and therefore extend when sanctions can be put on Tehran.
But given Iran’s refusal to comply when a similar extension was floated in July by E3 negotiators, it seems unlikely that the U.S., France or the U.K., as permanent members of the UNSC, will agree to push the action forward.

A map shows damage to Iran’s Fordow nuclear site after being struck by the United States in Operation Midnight Hammer on June 22, 2025. (Fox News)
IRAN SEEKS CHINA, RUSSIA HELP TO STALL UN SANCTIONS AHEAD OF NUCLEAR TALKS WITH EUROPEANS
The U.S. has long called on the other signatories to reinforce snapback sanctions on Iran for the violations after it lost its ability to do so by bowing out of the agreement in 2018.
But despite clear evidence that Iran has in recent years violated the JCPOA, including by amassing up to 45 times the amount of enriched uranium that it is permitted to have, operating advanced centrifuges and denying the IAEA access to its nuclear sites, the Russian official claimed the «move by E3 cannot and should not entail any legal or procedural effect.»
«It’s a mere escalatory step,» he continued. «Western countries…don’t care about diplomacy, and they care only about, blackmail and, threats, and coercion of independent countries.»
A UK official confirmed Thursday morning that attempts to reach a diplomatic solution with Iran have been ongoing for years, including in 2022 when a proposal was agreed to by all JCPOA participants, including Russia and China, but which Iran rejected.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wag Yi, stands with Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov, left, and Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Kazeem Gharibabadi, right, before a meeting regarding the Iranian nuclear issue at Diaoyutai State Guest House in Beijing, China on March 14, 2025. (Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The official also said that there had been «very intense diplomacy» over the last «12 months, 6 months, 6 weeks,» but which Russia appeared to dismiss on Thursday.
«The world is at a crossroads,» Polyanskiy said. «It’s quite clear. One option is peace, diplomacy and goodwill.
«Another option is…diplomacy at the barrel of the gun…extortion and blackmail,» he added.
The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s questions.
iran,russia,china,donald trump,united kingdom,france,germany
INTERNACIONAL
Francia, Alemania y el Reino Unido presionaron a Irán en la ONU para evitar la reimposición de sanciones por su programa nuclear

Francia, Alemania y el Reino Unido instaron este viernes al régimen de Irán desde la Organización de las Naciones Unidas (ONU) a cumplir tres condiciones que permitan posponer la reimposición de sanciones, en el marco de una nueva fase de tensión diplomática en torno al programa nuclear iraní.
Según los representantes de los tres países, conocidos como el E3, la suspensión temporal de la medida denominada “snapback” —el restablecimiento inmediato de sanciones— dependería de la restauración del acceso de los inspectores nucleares de la ONU, de respuestas a las inquietudes sobre el inventario de uranio enriquecido de Irán y de la disposición a entablar negociaciones directas con Estados Unidos.
En una declaración conjunta antes de una sesión a puerta cerrada del Consejo de Seguridad, la embajadora británica ante la ONU, Barbara Woodward, leyó el comunicado de los europeos, con sus pares franceses y alemanes a su lado. “Nuestras exigencias eran justas y realistas. Sin embargo, a día de hoy, Irán no ha dado ninguna señal de que tenga intención de cumplirlas”, declaró Woodward.
Woodward explicó que el E3 activó el jueves el proceso de snapback en respuesta a las reiteradas violaciones del acuerdo nuclear de 2015 por parte de Irán. Este mecanismo reactivaría en 30 días las sanciones de la ONU levantadas hace casi una década, a menos que el Consejo adopte una resolución que confirme su suspensión.
El mensaje de las potencias europeas se produce después de que Irán haya restringido la cooperación con el Organismo Internacional de Energía Atómica (OIEA) tras los ataques sufridos en junio en sus instalaciones, atribuidos a Israel y Estados Unidos. Inspectores de la ONU han regresado a Irán, pero no existe aún acuerdo sobre la reanudación plena de las inspecciones.
Irán respondió rechazando la propuesta del E3, calificándola de “llena de condiciones previas poco realistas”, según el embajador iraní ante la ONU, Amir Saeid Iravani. “Están exigiendo condiciones que deben ser el resultado de las negociaciones, no el punto de partida”, dijo Iravani, y añadió que esas demandas no pueden cumplirse. El embajador afirmó que el E3 debería respaldar una “extensión técnica corta e incondicional de la Resolución 2231”, que consagró el acuerdo nuclear de 2015, el llamado Plan de Acción Integral Conjunto (JCPOA).

Rusia y China, aliados estratégicos de Irán, han presentado al Consejo de Seguridad un borrador de resolución que aboga por prorrogar seis meses el acuerdo nuclear y reanudar las negociaciones de inmediato. El primer borrador prohibía al E3 reimponer sanciones, pero esa cláusula ha sido retirada. La resolución necesitaría al menos nueve votos a favor y que ninguno de los cinco países con derecho a veto —Estados Unidos, Francia, el Reino Unido, China o Rusia— lo ejerciera.
La cuestión del cumplimiento del acuerdo nuclear de 2015 centra la crisis. El pacto, firmado entre Irán, el E3, Estados Unidos, China y Rusia, supuso el levantamiento de sanciones a cambio de severas restricciones al programa de enriquecimiento de uranio iraní. Sin embargo, la salida de Estados Unidos del pacto en 2018 y la restauración de sanciones por la administración de Donald Trump debilitaron gravemente el acuerdo, provocando que Irán comenzara a superar los límites pactados.
Según datos recientes, Irán acumula actualmente más de 400 kilos de uranio enriquecido al 60%, superando de manera amplia lo permitido para fines civiles. Los países europeos afirman que este nivel de incumplimiento tiene “graves consecuencias para la capacidad de Irán de avanzar hacia el desarrollo de un arma nuclear”. Las autoridades iraníes insisten en que su programa nuclear mantiene fines exclusivamente civiles y pacíficos.
La controversia ha escalado tras la ofensiva militar iniciada por Israel contra Irán, con el respaldo de Washington, que incluyó ataques a instalaciones nucleares iraníes. Paralelamente, parlamentarios iraníes anunciaron la preparación de un proyecto de ley para abandonar el Tratado de No Proliferación Nuclear (TNP), bloquear negociaciones con las potencias occidentales y suspender la cooperación con la agencia atómica de la ONU.
El ministro iraní de Exteriores, Abbas Araqchi, reiteró que la República Islámica está dispuesta a reiniciar las negociaciones siempre que se demuestre “seriedad y buena fe” y no se emprendan “acciones destructivas” que dificulten el éxito de los futuros contactos. Araqchi cuestionó la legitimidad de las potencias europeas para liderar el proceso de rearme de sanciones: “Europa no solo no cumplió con sus compromisos de normalizar las relaciones comerciales y económicas con Irán, sino que violó el acuerdo”.
(Con información de AFP, EFE y Reuters)
Diplomacy / Foreign Policy,North America,NEW YORK
INTERNACIONAL
Pro-Palestinian conference panelist calls US ‘evil,’ urges ‘destroying the idea of America’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A panelist speaking at the «People’s Conference for Palestine» in Detroit on Friday called the United States «an evil country» and expressed a need to «destroy the idea of America in Americans’ heads.»
Speaking on a panel titled «No Weapons for Genocide: The People Demand an Arms Embargo,» Sachin Peddada, a Ph.D. student in economics and research coordinator at Progressive International, repeatedly ripped on the United States as an «empire» motivated by greed.
In response to a question about how Americans can get more involved, Peddada paraphrased a quote by deceased Palestinian author Bassel al-Araj, saying, «The average American will never understand the plight of the Palestinian person because the state of Israel is a carbon copy of the United States.
«And, therefore, the thing to do is to destroy the idea of America in Americans’ heads so that they can see the humanity of everybody outside the warping of American exceptionalism and imperialism and all these evil things.»
As Peddada said these words, the crowd broke into applause.
WHITE HOUSE DEMANDS ALL GAZA HOSTAGES RETURN HOME ‘THIS WEEK’ AMID STALLED TALKS
The statue of George Washington at the university that bears his name wears Palestinian flags, a keffiyeh and stickers in a Gaza solidarity encampment in Washington, D.C., May 6, 2024. (Allison Bailey/Middle East Images/AFP via Getty Images)
Peddada continued, saying, «We have to dismantle this idea of American exceptionalism, of supremacy, of being beyond reproach.
«I think it’s very important that we normalize criticism as a healthy process and learn from our experiments in the world to push the boundaries of what is possible, to continue to fight for more and more and to see how the empire responds to us, to continue to push farther and harder.»
At another point during the panel, Peddada declared, «We live in an evil country.»
He said that, since Oct. 7, 2023, «We can say with certainty that the U.S. has been the most complicit country — complicit is not even the right word to use — but the most responsible country for what is happening not only in Gaza but also the West Bank and also all over the global south.»
Peddada claimed that the U.S. is a country that has «functionally for decades been the sole superpower of the world» and has «an agenda that is driven primarily by the accumulation of profit at the expense of human lives.
COLUMBIA PROFESSOR WHO CALLED OCT. 7 HAMAS ATTACKS ‘AWESOME’ TO TEACH COURSE ON ZIONISM

Protesters rally outside the Indiana state House chamber in Indianapolis Jan. 18, 2024. (Isabella Volmert/AP Photo)
«To obfuscate that point or beat around the bush there does not serve us; we live in an evil country, that’s just what’s happening,» he said as the crowd again broke into applause.
«That doesn’t mean we’re all evil,» he added. «But it does mean we have a unique responsibility. We have a unique position here in the heart of the empire to act in solidarity with all of our siblings in Gaza and in the West Bank, all around the world.»
Commenting on the remarks, one user on X posted, «As an American, I find this galling.»
«My culture and history have already been relentlessly attacked — statues of Washington, Jefferson, and other Founders torn down as ‘controversial,’» he said. «Now we have conference speakers openly talking about ‘destroying the idea of America.’»
SQUAD MEMBERS SUED FOR ‘INCITING’ COLUMBIA ANTI-ISRAEL ENCAMPMENT

Hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters gather at the Brooklyn Museum in New York City Dec. 19, 2023. (Stephen Yang for Fox News Digital)
The People’s Conference for Palestine, organized by a dozen pro-Palestinian groups, began Friday and will run through Sunday. Even before it started, the gathering drew scrutiny for featuring speakers with extremist views, including two former prisoners of Israel released in a Hamas deal, alongside Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., a prominent anti-Israel congresswoman.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The conference opened Friday afternoon with an elaborate opening ceremony, in which a speaker, after leading the crowd in chants, invited attendees to rise for «our national anthem» as a band began playing a song in a foreign language. People wearing keffiyehs proceeded in, holding Palestinian flags.
Fox News Digital reached out to Progressive International and the People’s Conference for Palestine for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
Fox News Digital’s Alec Schemmel contributed to this report.
us,israel,anti semitism,patriotism
INTERNACIONAL
El opositor Luis Fernando Camacho fue excarcelado en Bolivia y anunció que vuelve al poder en Santa Cruz de la Sierra: «¡Ya estamos de ida!»

El líder opositor y gobernador suspendido de Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Luis Fernando Camacho (46), fue excarcelado este viernes en Bolivia tras permanecer en prisión preventiva casi tres años por su presunta participación en las protestas de 2019 que precipitaron la renuncia del entonces presidente Evo Morales.
La salida de la prisión cercana a La Paz se produjo luego de que el Tribunal Supremo de Justicia ordenó esta semana que se le revoque el arresto preventivo y se le otorgue la detención domiciliaria con derecho a trabajar. Por esa razón, Camacho retorna a la región de Santa Cruz, donde su defensa adelantó que retomará sus funciones.
A su salida del penal, el dirigente opositor abrazó a los policías del penal de Chonchocoro y caminó flanqueado por familiares y abogados. Lo hizo con su banda de gobernador en el pecho y una bandera verde y blanca de su región.
Se subió a un auto y se fue al aeropuerto de El Alto, donde tomó un vuelo privado para ir a Santa Cruz. Remarcó que asumirá funciones una vez pise suelo de su región, donde sus partidarios le preparan una festiva bienvenida en las calles de la ciudad.
“Como decía (Nelson) Mandela, en la cárcel se descubre uno mismo, analiza los errores que cometió y valora mejor a la gente», dijo Camacho a su salida. “Jamás me arrodillé y dije siempre que voy a salir por la puerta grande, nunca negociando mi libertad. No pude ver crecer a mi hijo pero fue mi compromiso con Dios y con mi familia”.
«El mejor vengador es Dios, no tengo odio, ni rencor, la cárcel fortaleció mis convicciones. No voy a huir del país”, agregó Camacho, que afronta un proceso por presunta sedición después de liderar las protestas en 2019 que precipitaron la renuncia de Morales (2006-2019), luego de las denuncias por presunto fraude en los comicios de ese año en los que buscaba un nuevo mandato.
Además, enfrenta otro juicio por haber encabezado, tras ser elegido gobernador de Santa Cruz, protestas durante 36 días en contra del gobierno del presidente Luis Arce para exigir que realizara un nuevo censo de población. Estos procesos seguirán mientras cumple arresto domiciliario, aunque podrá salir a realizar sus labores, según dictaminó el juez en La Paz.
El Tribunal Supremo de Justicia ordenó esta semana que se revoque también el arresto preventivo de la expresidenta interina Jeanine Áñez (2019-2020) y del dirigente cívico Marco Antonio Pumari por haberse excedido el plazo de esa medida. Los tres están acusados en el contexto de las protestas de 2019 que dejaron al menos 37 muertos y forzaron la renuncia de Morales.
La libertad de Áñez tomaría más tiempo ya que la Justicia debe anular varios procesos en curso en la vía ordinaria para que se inicie en libertad un juicio político reservado a exmandatarios en el ejercicio del cargo, explicó su abogado defensor Luis Guillén.
Áñez participa el viernes de una audiencia virtual por la muerte de manifestantes en la que está procesada por presunto genocidio. La exmandataria lleva cuatro años y cinco meses detenida en un penal común de La Paz condenada a 10 años por «incumplimiento de deberes y resoluciones contrarias a la constitución» por la sesión parlamentaria en la que asumió el cargo siendo senadora opositora tras la renuncia de Morales.
La Corte Suprema debe analizar un pedido de «revisión extraordinaria de sentencia» para que el juicio «se reencause por la vía que corresponde, un juicio de responsabilidades», destacó Guillén. Después de ese pronunciamiento, que no tiene plazo, Añez podría salir libre.
La fiscalía alega que el mandato de Áñez fue «ilegal» y producto de un «golpe de Estado». La oposición sostiene que las protestas de 2019 fueron una «rebelión contra el fraude».
Amnistía Internacional y la Organización de los Estados Americanos (OEA) dijeron que los juicios en contra de los tres tienen motivaciones políticas y que no se respetó el debido proceso.
La decisión de la Justicia se da tras las elecciones del 17 de agosto que marcaron un giro político luego de la derrota del izquierdista Movimiento al Socialismo (MAS) de Morales y Arce, que gobernó por casi 20 años la nación andina.
Bolivia,Evo Morales,Últimas Noticias
- POLITICA2 días ago
Escándalo en la caravana de Milei en Lomas de Zamora: evacuaron al Presidente y Espert se fue en moto
- POLITICA3 días ago
Verónica Magario dijo que su candidatura a diputada provincial es testimonial: “Mi plan es seguir al lado de Axel Kicillof”
- CHIMENTOS2 días ago
Claudia Villafañe rompió el silencio y se mostró desde la clínica, tras el accidente