INTERNACIONAL
‘We won’t cower’: Young conservatives build on Kirk legacy with nationwide speaking tour

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX — Charlie Kirk’s shooting death last week that sent shockwaves through the nation has had an outsize impact on young conservative voters — among them, Brilyn Hollyhand, a 19-year-old college freshman who on Thursday announced a multi-state university tour designed to foster conversation, debate, and engage young voters to continue to build on Kirk’s legacy.
The «One Conversation at a Time» tour, previewed exclusively to Fox News Digital, is sponsored by the Kirk-founded nonprofit, Turning Point USA, which seeks to engage young people in conservative politics. Hollyhand’s tour will include stops at 10 big-name universities across the broader southeast, including in Florida, South Carolina, and Mississippi — whose undergraduate populations average between 30,000 and 40,000 people, according to data from the U.S. News & World Report.
Hollyhand, who wields considerable influence in his own right — he’s both a podcast host and author who met Kirk in fourth grade, when Kirk appeared as a guest on his podcast — told Fox News Digital in an interview that Kirk’s death should inspire people to speak up and engage with others face-to-face.
That was something Kirk excelled at, Hollyhand said — and something that’s especially important to continue to diminish the power of violent political actions.
FLORIDA COLLEGE ANNOUNCES CHARLIE KIRK STATUE: ‘A REMINDER OF WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT’
Flowers, signs and other public messages of support are seen in the wake of Charlie Kirk’s death in Sept. 2025. Kirk, 31, was shot and killed while speaking to thousands of people at Utah Valley University. (Getty Images)
«If we’ve learned anything in the last week, it’s that you can kill a man, but you cannot kill a movement,» he said. «We’re not going to be silenced. And more than ever before, we have to make America talk again — and that starts on college campuses.»
Kirk, who died at 31, differentiated himself from other political «influencers» because of his authenticity, Hollyhand said. He established a presence in large part because of his college stops, where he’d sit for hours at a «Prove Me Wrong» table to debate young people face-to-face.
He leaped onto the national stage at a time when the Republican Party had been struggling to attract young voters, compared to then-President Barack Obama and the considerable star power wielded by the Democratic Party. And while Kirk’s views were unabashedly controversial, they were seen as a welcome breath of fresh air for many Republicans, who often felt out of place and unrepresented on college campuses.
«Charlie has really large shoes to fill, not just because he was a tall guy with a big shoe size,» he laughed, «but because he genuinely inspired a generation, and it wasn’t a simple task.»
«He made young people aware of why politics was important, and he made conservatism cool again. And so we can’t attempt to replicate that, but we can carry the torch for him, and we can grab the microphone and continue the relay race.
PASTOR: CHARLIE KIRK’S GRAPHIC DEATH WAS ‘TRAUMATIC’ AS MANY AMERICANS RECONCILE WITH LOSS

Brilyn Hollyhand, RNC Chairman of Youth Advisory Council speaks during an appearance on «Here’s The Deal With Kellyanne» at Fox News Channel Studios on Sept. 11, 2024 in New York City. (John Lamparski/Getty Images)
Hollyhand, who first met Kirk when he was in fourth grade, acknowledged he is not embarking on the tour without fear. The threats against him had skyrocketed in the days since Kirk’s killing, necessitating a meeting with his security detail, who required they escort him to his classes.
The threats against him were also more detailed, «explicitly mentioning [my] walks to classes,» he said.
It’s the first time he said he considered leaving the political orbit altogether. «I paused for a second, and I stepped out of the room,» he said. «I thought, ‘What if I just stop, or if I just put down the microphone? What if I stepped away from politics?’»
«What if I went back to being a normal college student partying it up and going to classes? It would be a lot safer,» he said. «I wouldn’t have to have a detail walk with me to class.»
«And so, when Turning Point reached out about doing this tour for Charlie, [that] is why I’m doing this, not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard and because it is terrifying.»
«It’s really hard to stand on the stage and on a campus and on a microphone. But Charlie would not want us to cower, and he would want us to be louder than ever, and that’s what the movement as a whole has to understand.»
Hollyhand hopes he can engage and connect with his peers in the same way Kirk did.

Signs and flowers are placed outside Turning Point USA headquarters in Phoenix on Sept. 15, 2025. (Jamie Vera/Fox News)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
«There has never been a more impactful figure for Gen Z and or never will be,» he said. «And we can’t attempt to replicate that, but we can carry the torch for him, and we can grab the microphone and continue the relay race.
«So to continue Charlie’s life and legacy, I am honored to announce that I’m partnering with Turning Point USA to launch the one conversation at a time tour where I will be speaking on 10 college campuses this semester, bolder and louder than ever before.»
charlie kirk
INTERNACIONAL
El Ejército de Estados Unidos se prepara para posibles ataques en Irán

El despliegue militar estadounidense
INTERNACIONAL
DC Mayor Bowser declares emergency over Potomac sewage spill, asks for federal help

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser declared a disaster emergency over the Potomac sewage spill on Wednesday and requested federal assistance with the cleanup.
The sewage spill has now become the largest in U.S. history, dumping over 240 million gallons of raw sewage into the Potomac River. President Donald Trump has already lashed out at Maryland Gov. Wes Moore for his handling of the spill, saying he is concerned the river winding around the nation’s capital will still stink when America250 celebrations kick off this summer.
Bowser wrote a letter to Trump on Wednesday formally requesting that he issue an emergency disaster declaration, freeing up federal resources to help deal with the spill.
White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt emphasized Trump’s concerns in a press conference on Wednesday. Fox News’ Peter Doocy asked Leavitt if Trump is concerned the nation’s capital will «smell like poop.»
TRUMP EPA SLASHES 12 YEARS OFF SEWAGE CLEANUP CRISIS THAT HAS ROCKED CALIFORNIA FOR DECADES
District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser called for a federal emergency disaster declaration on Wednesday. (Oliver Contreras/AFP via Getty Images)
«Yeah, he is worried about that,» Leavitt said. «Which is why the federal government wants to fix it. And we hope that the local authorities will cooperate with us in doing so.»
Leavitt called on leaders in Maryland, Virginia and D.C. to «step forward and to ask the federal government for help and to ask for the Stafford Act to be implemented here so that the federal government can go and take control of this local infrastructure that has been abandoned and neglected by Governor Moore in Maryland for far too long.»
«It’s no secret that Maryland’s water and infrastructure have been in dire need of repair,» Leavitt said. «Their infrastructure has received a nearly failing grade in the 2025 report card from the American Society of Civil Engineers. This is the same grade they’ve received, five years earlier. There has been no improvement under the leadership of Governor Moore. He’s clearly shown he’s incapable of fixing this problem, which is why President Trump and the federal government are standing by to step in.»
TRUMP SAYS HE COULD SEND THE NATIONAL GUARD TO MARYLAND TO ADDRESS CRIME

Repair work continues on the broken section of the Potomac Interceptor, a six-foot-wide sewage pipe that collapsed on January 19, in between the Clara Barton Parkway and the C&O Canal on Feb. 16, 2026 in Cabin John, Maryland (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Moore’s office has pushed back on the administration’s rhetoric surrounding the leak, claiming the federal government has oversight over DC Water, the District’s water and sewer utility.
«Since the last century, the federal government has been responsible for the Potomac Interceptor, which is the origin of the sewage leak. For the last four weeks, the Trump Administration has failed to act, shirking its responsibility and putting people’s health at risk,» a representative from Moore’s office said on Monday. «Notably, the president’s own EPA explicitly refused to participate in the major legislative hearing about the cleanup last Friday.»
Leavitt continued Wednesday that environmentalists should «pray» that local jurisdictions call on Trump to step in and shore up infrastructure and carry out clean up.

President Donald Trump is worried the Potomac River will still stink when America250 celebrations kick off this summer following a sewage leak that dumped millions of gallons of raw filth into the river, according to the White House. (Saul Loeb/Getty Images/Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
«For all of the environmentalists in the room and across the District of Columbia, let’s all hope and pray that this governor does the right thing and ask President Trump to get involved, because it will be an ecological and environmental disaster if the federal government does not step in to help,» she said. «But of course, we need the state and local jurisdictions to make that formal request.»
Read Bowser’s letter to Trump below (App users click here)
washington dc,politics,donald trump
INTERNACIONAL
Quién es José María Balcázar, el nuevo presidente interino de Perú elegido por el Congreso

Tras las destituciones de Pedro Castillo (2021-2022) y Dina Boluarte (2022-2025), quienes fueron elegidos por votación popular, José María Balcázar fue elegido como nuevo presidente interino del Perú. Su nombramiento se produjo luego de dos votaciones en el Congreso.
Balcázar ganó la segunda elección con 64 votos, un número mayor al que logró acumular María del Carmen Alva, quien sumó 46 y era vista como la favorita. Reemplazará a José Jerí, quien había asumido tras la destitución de Dina Boluarte en octubre pasado y quien fue desplazado de su posición este martes.
Leé también: Crisis en Perú: el Congreso destituyó al presidente interino José Jerí a dos meses de las elecciones José María Balcazar, en un encuentro con medios de comunicación tras haber sido juramentado como presidente interino de Perú. (Foto: REUTERS/Ángela Ponce).
José María Balcázar: su trayectoria, carrera legislativa y escándalos
Balcázar es un abogado, exmagistrado de la Corte Suprema de Justicia y actual congresista por Lambayeque, una región ubicada en la costa norte del país. Tiene 83 años y fue presentado en esta elección por la agrupación Perú Libre, aunque la dejó en 2022. Su salida se produjo junto con otros 9 miembros del bloque luego de una interna.
De acuerdo con distintos medios de comunicación locales, Balcázar es visto como un hombre cercano a Vladimir Cerrón, fundador del partido Perú Libre, que fue condenado por corrupción y en la actualidad está prófugo de la justicia. La carrera parlamentaria del ahora presidente interino comenzó en 2021, como candidato al Congreso por parte del partido mencionado.
Balcázar se graduó como abogado en la Universidad de Trujillo en 1972. En 2005, recibió el grado de Doctor en Derecho y Ciencia Política por la Universidad Pedro Ruiz Gallo. Además de su formación académica, también ejerció la docencia desde 1977. Sin embargo, ha estado relacionado con algunos escándalos. Uno de los más sonados fue su expulsión del Colegio de Abogados de Lambayeque, bajo la sospecha de presunta apropiación de fondos.
Leé también: Tragedia en la Sierra Nevada de California: una avalancha mató a ocho esquiadores
En la actualidad, atraviesa una denuncia constitucional. Esta se basa en la sospecha de estar involucrado en un presunto intercambio de favores con Patricia Benavides, una exfiscal del país. Balcázar es señalado por haber acordado con Benavides votos parlamentarios para que archivara distintos procesos penales en su contra en Lambayeque. Al igual que José Jerí, a quien Balcázar sustituye, la figura del presidente interino en Perú vuelve a estar rodeada de polémica.
Las primeras palabras de José María Balcázar, presidente interino de Perú
Balcázar juró como presidente interino de Perú durante la madrugada de la Argentina. Tras el acto, ofreció un discurso en el que abordó dos de los temas que han estado en la agenda política del Perú en los últimos meses.
El nuevo presidente interino tendrá cinco meses de gestión antes de entregar el poder al próximo presidente electo por votación popular. Ante el Congreso, dijo que asumía “para hacer y reescribir este nuevo Parlamento. Sí es posible construir una nueva democracia, una de verdad. No está funcionando. Si no tiene sus correctivos, va a desaparecer”.
Las dos principales bases de su discurso fueron la transparencia electoral de las próximas elecciones y atender la seguridad. Balcázar dijo que quiere “garantizar que va a haber una transición política y electoral pacífica y transparente” y que aspira a “mantener una pacificación de verdad y que tengamos ministerios aptos para echarle diente a la inseguridad”.
Leé también: Tras exigirle a Irán un acuerdo nuclear, Trump volvió a amenazar con un ataque militar José María Balcazar prometió elecciones transparentes el próximo mes de abril. (Foto: REUTERS/Ángela Ponce).
“En un solo mes podemos hacer muchas cosas. Es solo cuestión de ponerse a trabajar”, dijo Balcázar. Luego, agregó: “No es difícil gobernar a un país. ¿Quién dijo que es difícil? Busquemos a la gente más lúcida, que la tenemos en los partidos políticos, en el Congreso”.
Además de esto, indicó que trabajaría de cerca con el Congreso. “Sin diálogo no hay nada”, dijo. En un encuentro con la prensa, también se refirió de forma breve a la situación económica del país. “La línea macroeconómica del Perú la vamos a mantener. No podemos dar saltos en esa materia”, dijo. En relación con potenciales cambios en el gabinete de ministros, no señaló a ninguno. Aunque señaló que harían una evaluación “para ver quiénes están cumpliendo”.
Perú, presidente, Congreso
POLITICA2 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
POLITICA3 días agoCristian Ritondo: “Vamos a apoyar la ley de modernización laboral, pero no el régimen de licencias por enfermedad”
ECONOMIA3 días agoEl dólar no sólo cae en la Argentina: qué pasa con otras monedas emergentes y cuáles son las causas
















