INTERNACIONAL
Trump administration refers NY AG Letitia James for possible prosecution over allegations of mortgage fraud

New York Attorney General Letitia James has been hit with shocking allegations by the Trump administration, accusing her of mortgage fraud.
In documents obtained by Fox News Channel’s «The Ingraham Angle,» the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) sent a criminal referral to the Department of Justice, accusing James of mortgage fraud Tuesday.
FHFA Director William Pulte said in a letter to Attorney General Pam Bondi that James appears to have falsified records to meet certain lending requirements and receive favorable loan terms.
Pulte cited a property in Virginia that James allegedly claimed as her principal residence and a property in New York she claimed as a four-unit structure instead of five, which he said could mean she was able to get a different and more favorable loan.
COURT NAMES NEW JUDGE IN TRUMP CIVIL FRAUD CASE BEFORE REASSIGNING PREVIOUS JUDGE HOURS LATER
New York Attorney General Letitia James speaks during a news conference Sept. 21, 2022, in New York. (AP Photo/Brittainy Newman, File)
Fox News contributor and George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley told Fox News host Laura Ingraham the irony of James getting accused of falsifying records is «perfectly crushing.»
«This is a person who prosecuted Trump for everything short of ripping a label off a mattress, and among the charges that were brought in New York, in just the civil but the criminal case, was making false or misleading statements to financial institutions,» Turley said. «As for James, if we apply the Letitia James standard that she created, there’d be little question here. This seems pretty straightforward.»
He explained the Trump administration is saying this was not her principal residence because, as a New York elected official, she has to say her principal residence is in New York.
‘PLAYING WITH THE COURTS’: TRUMP ADMIN HIT WITH DOZENS OF SUITS AFTER YEARS OF PRESIDENT CONDEMNING ‘LAWFARE’

New York Attorney General Letitia James speaks during a news conference. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)
James is also accused of saying her father was her husband to file as a married couple, Turley added.
«The Supreme Court just stated earlier in March, in a case called Thompson, that they want to see knowing false statements under sections, like 10-14, not just misleading statements,» Turley said. «These are misleading statements. Either it’s your principal residence or it’s not. Either you’re married to your father or he’s your father.»
The DOJ and James did not respond to Fox News on the matter.
The issue has been prosecuted in the past, but as Turley said on the Ingraham Angle, the «documents themselves are quite damning.»
‘ANYTHING BUT ORDINARY’: LEGAL EXPERTS SHRED NY V. TRUMP AS ‘ONE OF THE WORST’ CASES IN HISTORY

The Trump administration is accusing New York Attorney General Letitia James of mortgage fraud. (Donald Trump/Truth Social)
Retired NYPD inspector and Fox News contributor Paul Mauro told Fox News Digital he first reported the allegations against James on his Substack almost 10 weeks ago.
«The documents presented by Sam Antar, and the research he has done, appear entirely authentic,» Mauro said. «In which case, AG James appears to have engaged in the very sort of fraud which she alleged in her ludicrous case against Donald Trump. Let’s see now, if indeed, as AG James has stated herself, nobody is above the law.»
The New York Post reported that the documents show that the property James purchased with her father had both parties listed as «husband and wife» in 1983 and 2000.
«While this was a long time ago, it raises serious concerns about the validity of Ms. James’ representations on mortgage applications,» Pulte reportedly wrote.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
James brought forth a civil fraud suit against President Donald Trump, the Trump Organization and its senior leadership in 2022, frequently sitting in the courtroom throughout the proceedings and celebrating the prosecution of Trump in the Manhattan criminal trial over the 34 counts of falsifying business records.
Trump was ordered to pay a $454 million civil fraud judgment in James’ lawsuit against him, which is currently on appeal.
So far in 2025, James has spearheaded at least five legal actions against the Trump administration, including leading a coalition of state attorneys general to sue the federal government to halt DOGE’s access to the Treasury Department’s internal systems, and another lawsuit related to the Trump administration slashing grant funding to research institutions and universities.
Fox News Digital’s Emma Colton contributed to this report.
New York,Donald Trump,Federal Courts,New York City,The Ingraham Angle,Politics,Housing
INTERNACIONAL
Estados Unidos: los millonarios se mudan a Miami para pagar menos impuestos y atraídos por el «glamour» de la ciudad

Impuestos y Trump, los factores
Latinoamericanos también llegan
INTERNACIONAL
Rick Scott says Prince Andrew ‘absolutely’ must face US trial in Epstein case if American laws were broken

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A top Senate Republican demanded that if former Prince Andrew is found to have broken American laws with his ties to Jeffrey Epstein, he should stand trial in the U.S.
«If he’s violated American law, absolutely,» Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., told Fox News Digital.
Scott’s comments came after the news that the former prince, now Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, who is linked to the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office in the United Kingdom on Thursday.
EPSTEIN PROBE LEADER COMER SAYS ‘NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW’ AFTER EX-PRINCE ANDREW ARREST
Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., said that former Prince Andrew, who was arrested under suspicion of misconduct in public office in the United Kingdom on Thursday, should «absolutely» stand trial in the U.S. if he was found to have broken any American laws with his ties to Jeffrey Epstein. (Aaron Schwartz/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
British authorities were reportedly investigating whether Mountbatten-Windsor had shared confidential trade information with Epstein while acting as Britain’s special envoy for trade over a decade ago, the Associated Press reported.
Mountbatten-Windsor has denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein, despite being one of his most well-known associates. He was also accused by the late Virginia Giuffre — one of Epstein’s most prominent accusers — in her memoir of having sex with her when she was a minor.
The list of co-conspirators and those connected to Epstein continues to grow, following Congress’ move to force the Department of Justice (DOJ) to release millions of documents related to him, known as the «Epstein Files.»
MASSIE, TOP OVERSIGHT DEMOCRAT CALL FOR SECRETARY LUTNICK TO RESIGN FOR ‘LYING’ ABOUT ALLEGED EPSTEIN TIES

The former Prince Andrew, Duke of York attends the Easter service at St. George’s Chapel on April 20, 2025, in Windsor, England. He lost his princely title in October of that year. (Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images)
But criminal action against those alleged to have ties with Epstein has remained scarce, given that appearing in the files doesn’t directly translate to criminal charges. Scott argued that if people «violate the law, you should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.»
«It’s as simple as that. It’s despicable what Epstein did,» Scott said. «I can’t imagine these people who had relationships with Epstein, especially after he was convicted the first time, and they kept their relationship.»
«If they’ve done anything wrong, they should be held accountable,» he continued. «I don’t know if Prince Andrew has done anything wrong, but everybody who has should be held accountable. What you read that happened to these young girls is just like — I’ve got two daughters, I’ve got a granddaughter, and I can’t imagine, you know, the position that Epstein and, it seems like, some other people put these young women in.»
The Senate voted unanimously last year in favor of legislation that President Donald Trump signed into law that required the DOJ to release all unclassified records, documents, communications and investigative materials «publicly available in a searchable and downloadable format» related to the late financier and his accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell.
STARMER CALLS ON EX-PRINCE ANDREW TO TESTIFY BEFORE CONGRESS AFTER LATEST EPSTEIN RELEASE

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., speaks during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 12, 2026. (Graeme Sloan/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
Several names of prominent Americans, including Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick, were revealed in the trove of unredacted documents.
Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., when asked if Lutnick or others should face consequences, said earlier this month that «transparency is something we all ought to aspire to here.»
«And if there are folks who are, you know, named in there or discussed in there in some way, they’re going to have to answer for that,» Thune said.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Millions of files and a handful of months later, Attorney General Pam Bondi announced earlier this week that the DOJ had unloaded all the documents. But lawmakers have said it’s not enough.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., charged that the DOJ’s handling of the Epstein files «is a travesty.»
«But in France, the Paris prosecutor’s office just opened two investigations based on new leads from the released files,» Schumer said on X. «And in Britain, former Prince Andrew has been arrested over ties to Epstein. When will there be justice in America?»
politics,senate,jeffrey epstein,british royals,crime world
INTERNACIONAL
Iraq War flashbacks? Experts say Trump’s Iran buildup signals pressure campaign, not regime change

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
As U.S. forces surge into the Middle East amid escalating tensions with Iran, the military posture is drawing comparisons to the 2003 Iraq War buildup. But military experts and former officials say that while the scale of visible force may look similar, the design and intent are fundamentally different.
In early 2003, the United States assembled more than 300,000 U.S. personnel in the region, backed by roughly 1,800 coalition aircraft and multiple Army and Marine divisions staged in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia ahead of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The force was built for invasion, regime removal and occupation.
Today’s deployment tells a different story, as the absence of massed ground forces remains the clearest contrast with 2003.
«I believe there is absolutely no intention to put ground forces into Iran. So the buildup is very different,» retired Gen. Philip Breedlove, former NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe, told Fox News Digital.
IRAN DRAWS MISSILE RED LINE AS ANALYSTS WARN TEHRAN IS STALLING US TALKS
The world’s largest aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford is seen in the North Sea during Exercise Neptune Strike 2025. The photo was taken in the North Sea in September 2025. (Jonathan Klein/AFP via Getty Images)
«What is happening is that both firepower and supplies are being moved to the right places … Amateurs talk tactics; professionals talk logistics. And right now we are getting logistics right, not only in the form of shooters but supplies to sustain an effort,» he said.
John Spencer, executive director of the Urban Warfare Institute, told Fox News Digital that «the strategic objective in both cases is coercion, shaping an adversary’s decision calculus through visible military power, but while the scale of the buildup may appear comparable, what is being mobilized and threatened is fundamentally different.»
«In 2003, the United States assembled a ground-centric force built for regime removal, territorial seizure and occupation,» he said. «Today’s posture is maritime and air-heavy, centered on carrier strike groups, long-range precision strike and layered air defense, signaling clear readiness to act while also sending an equally clear message that there are no boots on the ground planned.»
«The recent U.S. military buildup against Iran — which now includes two aircraft carrier battle groups, in addition to dozens of other U.S. planes that have been sent to bases in the region and air and missile defense systems — provides President Trump with a significant amount of military capability should he authorize military operations against Iran,» said Javed Ali, associate professor at the University of Michigan’s Ford School and former senior counterterrorism official.
Ali noted that U.S. capabilities already in the region at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean and other locations give Washington multiple strike options.
If ordered, he said, operations «would very likely be broad in scope against a range of targets like the ruling clerical establishment, senior officials in the IRGC, key ballistic missile and drone production, storage and launch facilities, and elements of Iran’s nuclear infrastructure, and last for days if not longer.»
IRAN RAMPS UP REGIONAL THREATS AS TRUMP CONSIDERS TALKS, EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS OF REGIME VIOLENCE EMERGE

Soldiers of the British Light Infantry distribute aid packages to locals at Zubayr near Basra, southern Iraq. Britain, a key ally in the U.S.-coalition, was in charge of security in Iraq’s southern region until its withdrawal in 2007.
Breedlove said the incremental deployment of carriers and air assets appears designed to increase pressure, not trigger immediate war.
«We brought in one carrier battle group that did not change the rhetoric in Iran… so now the president has started sailing a second carrier battle group to the area. I think all of these things are increasing the pressure slowly on Iran to help them come to the right decision… Let’s sit down at the table and figure this out.»
Ali emphasized another major difference: legal authority and coalition structure. The 2003 Iraq War was authorized by a congressional Authorization for Use of Military Force and backed by a large international coalition, including tens of thousands of British troops. «Currently, no similar AUMF has been approved by Congress for military operations against Iran, which might mean President Trump may invoke his standing authority under Article II of the US Constitution as Commander in Chief as a substitute legal basis, given the threats Iran poses to the United States,» he said.

The aircraft carrier Pre-Commissioning Unit (PCU) Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) pulls into Naval Station Norfolk for the first time. The first-of-class ship — the first new U.S. aircraft carrier design in 40 years — spent several days conducting builder’s sea trials, a comprehensive test of many of the ship’s key systems and technologies. (U.S. Navy photo by Matt Hildreth courtesy of Huntington Ingalls Industries/Released) (©Newport News Shipbuilding 2017)
That does not mean escalation is risk-free. Ali warned Iran could respond with «ballistic missile attacks» in far greater frequency than past strikes, along with drones, cyber operations and maritime disruption in the Persian Gulf.
Breedlove pointed to lessons learned from Iraq. «We want to have a clear set of objectives… we do not want to enter an endless sort of battle with Iran… we need to have a plan for what’s day plus one,» he said, warning against repeating past mistakes where military success was not matched by post-conflict planning.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The world’s largest aircraft carrier, the U.S. Navy nuclear-powered Ford-class aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) arrives in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Dec. 1, 2025. (Seaman Abigail Reyes/U.S. Navy/Handout via Reuters)
The central military distinction, analysts say, is this: 2003 was an invasion architecture. Today is a deterrence and strike architecture.
The force now in place is optimized for air superiority, long-range precision strikes and sustained naval operations — not for seizing and holding territory. Whether that posture succeeds in compelling Iran back to negotiations without crossing into open conflict may depend less on numbers than on how each side calculates the cost of escalation.
iran,iraq,military,pentagon,national security,wars,middle east
POLITICA2 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
POLITICA3 días agoCristian Ritondo: “Vamos a apoyar la ley de modernización laboral, pero no el régimen de licencias por enfermedad”
POLITICA3 días agoEl ministro de Defensa visitó la fábrica que produce los vehículos todoterreno que el Ejército adquirió para renovar la flota


















