INTERNACIONAL
Abbey Gate Gold Star father blisters Biden after Afghan national allegedly ambushes 2 National Guardsmen in DC

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
EXCLUSIVE — The father of Staff Sgt. Darin «Taylor» Hoover — one of the 13 U.S. service members killed in the Abbey Gate bombing during the chaotic 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan — is blasting the former Biden administration after an Afghan national allegedly shot two National Guardsmen just blocks from the White House.
Hoover gave Fox News Digital a new, forceful statement on Wednesday’s shooting, saying the incident was the direct result of the administration’s failed vetting of Afghan evacuees.
«This is on the feckless Biden administration,» Hoover said of the shooting. «We had no idea who was getting into this country because the Biden administration, especially the State Department run by Antony Blinken, didn’t do the work that was needed to vet all these people. There were so many people put on the planes that got out initially, that we have no idea who they were.»
He continued: «By doing this, all we got is men of fighting age that are most likely terrorists that are here in the homeland to do us all harm and take our beloved United States of America. Maybe if the Biden administration started the process earlier than the truncated timetable that they did, this could have all come out so much better, including all of our most precious men and women of our military coming home.»
EX-FBI SPECIAL AGENT EXPLAINS AFGHAN VETTING FAILURES IN WAKE OF NATIONAL GUARD AMBUSH: ‘TICKING TIME BOMB’
Former President Joe Biden is under fire from Gold Star families like the Hoovers after an Afghan national allegedly ambushed and shot two National Guardsmen in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. (Darin Hoover, Getty Images)
The FBI is leading the investigation into the shooting, and multiple intelligence sources tell Fox News Digital the attack is being treated as a possible act of international terrorism. The suspect, identified as 29-year-old Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, was taken into custody after allegedly ambushing the two West Virginia National Guardsmen near the White House.
Fox News Digital previously reported that Lakanwal entered the United States in September 2021 under Operation Allies Welcome, immediately following the fall of Kabul, and that he had worked with several U.S. government entities, including the CIA, as part of a partner force in Kandahar.
«The individual — and so many others — should have never been allowed to come here,» former CIA Director John Ratcliffe told Fox News Digital. «Our citizens and service members deserve far better than to endure the ongoing fallout from the Biden administration’s catastrophic failures.»
ALLEGED DC SHOOTER ENTERED US UNDER AFGHAN RESETTLEMENT PUSH MAYORKAS VOWED WOULD BE DONE ‘SWIFTLY AND SAFELY’

Aug 29, 2023: Darin Hoover and Kelly Barnett, parents of Marine Corps Staff Sergeant Taylor Hoover, speak to a House committee. (Fox News)
Hoover says the shooting confirms what he and other Gold Star parents feared when thousands of Afghans were evacuated during the final days of the withdrawal — that many individuals were allowed into the United States without adequate screening.
«We had no idea who Biden put on those planes,» Hoover said. «None.»
Wednesday’s comments come after years of public criticism from Hoover, who has been one of the most vocal parents demanding accountability for the Abbey Gate attack that killed 13 American service members, including his son Taylor, an 11-year Marine veteran who was engaged to be married and on his third deployment to Afghanistan.
ALLEGED NATIONAL GUARD SHOOTER WORKED WITH US GOVERNMENT ENTITIES IN AFGHANISTAN, INCLUDING CIA: RATCLIFFE

Staff Sgt. Darin Taylor Hoover was killed in action in Afghanistan on August 26, 2021. He is a Purple Heart recipient. (Darin Hoover)
Hoover’s earlier remarks made headlines in 2024, when he reacted to President Biden falsely claiming during a presidential debate that no U.S. service members had died under his watch. At the time, Hoover told Fox News Digital that he felt «rage» hearing Biden deny the deaths of the Abbey Gate 13.
«The rage, the absolute disgust that I got from hearing him say that — I started yelling back at the TV,» he said in 2024. «He’s never acknowledged, not one time, any of our kids. He’s never said their names.»
He also revealed then that the Biden administration sent the Abbey Gate families a batch of identical condolence letters a year after the attack.
DETAILS EMERGE ON CIA UNIT ALLEGED NATIONAL GUARD SHOOTER SERVED WITH IN AFGHANISTAN
«All 13 families got a canned letter,» he said in a 2024 Fox News Digital interview. «It looked like it was a photocopy. We’ve had absolutely nothing before, nothing since.»
Hoover’s frustration at being unable to secure a meeting with Biden was also part of that earlier reporting.
«[Biden] doesn’t want to deal with us,» Hoover said in 2024. «He knows that we’re in his face, but he doesn’t want to deal with us.»
But Hoover told Fox News Digital this week that Wednesday’s shooting, allegedly carried out by an Afghan national allowed into the country during the withdrawal, is a devastating new chapter. To him, it demonstrates that the consequences of the troubled evacuation are still unfolding on American soil.
Federal officials say the investigation into the shooting remains active. Hoover says he will continue speaking out until the families of the Abbey Gate fallen receive answers — and until the former administration takes responsibility for what he believes are ongoing failures.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
«This isn’t going away,» he said at the time. «We’re not going away.»
Fox News Digital’s Brooke Singman contributed to this report.
military families,counter terrorism,afghanistan,terrorism,military
INTERNACIONAL
Las aerolíneas afectadas por el fallo de Airbus anunciaron cancelaciones y retrasos en vuelos programados para el fin de semana

Varias aerolíneas en distintas regiones del mundo reportaron este viernes demoras, cancelaciones y reprogramaciones a raíz de la advertencia técnica emitida por la empresa Airbus, relacionada con aeronaves de la familia A320neo.
La compañía europea identificó un “problema de software global” en estos modelos, actualmente en operación en múltiples continentes, e instruyó a los operadores a aplicar medidas preventivas inmediatamente.
En el caso de Estados Unidos, American Airlines señaló que 340 aviones de su flota se encuentran alcanzados por el anuncio y anticipó que podrían experimentarse “algunos retrasos operativos”, aunque esperan completar las revisiones y actualizaciones “entre hoy y mañana (sábado)”.
Delta Airlines sumó que cumplirá estrictamente con las directrices de seguridad definidas por Airbus y confía en que el impacto de la medida “sea limitado”. JetBlue y United Airlines también informaron sobre las afectaciones en sus servicios, justo en uno de los momentos de mayor demanda del año por la celebración del Día de Acción de Gracias, que, según la Administración Federal de Aviación de EEUU, movilizó a millones de estadounidenses.
En Europa, la húngara Wizz Air advirtió a sus pasajeros sobre posibilidades de interrupciones en vuelos programados debido a la actualización requerida por Airbus. Desde el Reino Unido, EasyJet comunicó que está “trabajando estrechamente con las autoridades de seguridad y Airbus para implementar las medidas que se deben tomar” y aclaró que informarán directamente a los clientes sobre cambios en los vuelos.

El aeropuerto londinense de Gatwick notificó que cerca de 80 vuelos experimentaron problemas a lo largo del viernes y precisaron que la causa fue el mismo inconveniente con la familia A320neo. La terminal aérea de Heathrow informó que el mantenimiento exigido para algunos aviones Airbus A320 actualmente no afecta a sus operaciones y por este motivo, remarcó la disparidad del impacto según la flota de cada aerolínea.
Tim Johnson, director de la Autoridad de Aviación Civil de Reino Unido, mencionó en detalle: “No todas las aerolíneas vuelan con Airbus A320 o los aviones afectados, para algunas aerolíneas no habrá ningún impacto en absoluto”. Johnson sugirió a los pasajeros recurrir siempre a los canales oficiales de cada aerolínea para obtener información actualizada: “Mi consejo es consultar los sitios web y las aplicaciones de las aerolíneas para obtener la información más reciente sobre lo que está sucediendo”.
Por recomendación de la Agencia Europea de Seguridad Aérea (AESA), a partir del sábado 29 de noviembre, las aeronaves A320neo consideradas en riesgo solo podrán operar con pasajeros una vez completadas las reparaciones indicadas. Hasta tanto, se permite realizar únicamente vuelos sin pasajeros hacia los puntos de mantenimiento.
En Oceanía, Air New Zealand confirmó en sus redes sociales que el “problema de software global que afecta a los aviones Airbus A320neo” llevará a interrupciones en su operativa regular. “Como medida de precaución, todos nuestros aviones A320neo recibirán una actualización de software antes de operar su próximo servicio de pasajeros”, informó la firma en la red social X y aseguró comunicación directa con los clientes afectados.
Desde Asia, la aerolínea japonesa All Nippon Airways (ANA) reportó la cancelación de más de 60 vuelos, consecuencia de los controles y actualizaciones de sus aviones A320. El proceso de revisión puede llevar hasta cuatro horas por aeronave. Según la agencia Kyodo, el número de pasajeros afectados por estas cancelaciones se acerca a los 9.500. Japan Airlines canceló 65 vuelos por problemas con el software del Airbus A320
Entre otras erolíneas que utilizan el A320neo modelo figuran Iberia y Vueling, así como Spirit Airlines, Viva Aerobus, Indigo, AirAsia y Pegasus Airlines.
Airbus identificó el problema tras analizar un incidente reciente en el que la intensa radiación solar alteró datos esenciales para el funcionamiento de los controles de vuelo de una unidad de la familia A320. El fabricante europeo determinó que “un número significativo” de aviones podría estar expuesto y emitió una alerta mundial a los operadores, requiriendo la aplicación inmediata de soluciones de software y hardware para resguardar la seguridad.
La compañía expresó ser consciente de la magnitud de los trastornos para los pasajeros y ofreció disculpas, aunque recalcó: “La seguridad como prioridad número uno y absoluta”. Airbus aseguró que continuará colaborando con clientes y autoridades para minimizar el impacto y garantizar la protección de la flota.
(Con información de Europa Press)
INTERNACIONAL
Los 1.700 años del Concilio de Nicea: León XIV pide la unidad de los cristianos en una de las mayores celebraciones de la Iglesia

Una presencia inesperada
Qué pasó en Nice hace 1.700 años
INTERNACIONAL
EXCLUSIVE: Stefanik steamrolls top conservative opponent; GOP leaders hand her commanding edge in NY primary

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., has opened a commanding lead in the New York Republican primary for governor, locking down endorsements from GOP county chairs, state lawmaker and Conservative Party leaders across the state, a consolidation of support that party officials say leaves Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman with virtually no path to the nomination.
Stefanik’s backing now accounts for more than 75% of the New York Republican Party’s weighted vote, an overwhelming advantage that makes her the presumptive nominee and would require any rival to petition his or her way onto the ballot.
Under New York’s rules, that means gathering at least 15,000 signatures from registered Republicans across the state, the Gothamist reported.
Party operatives describe the scale of Stefanik’s early support as unprecedented for a GOP gubernatorial race in recent cycles, especially this far ahead of the state convention.
POTENTIAL GOP CHALLENGER WARNS HOCHUL THAT A CORPORATE TAX HIKE WOULD BE A ‘DISASTER’ FOR NEW YORK’S ECONOMY
Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., has all but clinched the GOP nomination in the primary race to be New York’s next governor in 2026, according to GOP chairs in the state. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
They say Stefanik’s name recognition, national fundraising network and county-level organizing have effectively closed the primary before it began, while Blakeman has failed to gain traction outside Long Island.
STEFANIK DECRIES HOCHUL AS ‘WORST GOVERNOR IN AMERICA’ IN FIERY 2026 CAMPAIGN LAUNCH

Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y. hopes to remove Democrat Kathy Hochul from office. Stefanik’s campaign says Hocul is «the worst governor in America.» (Faith and Freedom Coalition )
Stefanik enjoys a much broader-based candidacy across New York.
«Elise is honored to have earned endorsements from 58 GOP county party chairs representing over 75% of the New York Republican Party’s weighted vote at the convention,» Stefanik spokesperson Bernadette Breslin told Fox News Digital.
«According to two independent polls, Elise is the strongest candidate against Hochul and has the highest name ID and most favorable polling. Her strong support across the state only continues to grow as she earns more endorsements from prominent GOP leaders, including 40 out of New York’s 45 Conservative Party organizations. New York Republicans are wholly united behind the common goal of firing Kathy Hochul to save New York, and they have entrusted their full confidence in Elise to do so.»
That consolidation extends well beyond the county chairs. Fourteen Republican state senators, including Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt, have endorsed Stefanik for governor. So have 10 county executives from across New York, adding weight from suburban, upstate and rural regions that traditionally anchor GOP turnout. The upstate chairs who have met with both candidates say Blakeman’s attempts to shift the narrative have fallen flat.
STEFANIK TO RELEASE NEW BOOK ON COLLEGE ANTISEMITISM AS SHE EYES BID FOR NY GOVERNOR

Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman, center, delivered remarks alongside elected officials and business leaders to oppose corporate tax increases Nov. 17, 2025. (Office of the County Executive)
«We appreciated County Executive Blakeman meeting with us during his visit Upstate, but nothing discussed at the meeting impacted our unwavering support for Elise Stefanik and her campaign to save New York,» said Liz Joy, chair of the Schenectady County GOP. «Elise has consistently delivered for our Upstate communities, and we trust she’s the right person to tackle the challenges New Yorkers face.»
Trish Turner, chairwoman of the Ontario County GOP and regional chair for the Finger Lakes, said Stefanik’s early organizing has impressed leaders statewide.
«It was a great honor to host Congresswoman Elise Stefanik in my home for a gathering of county Republican chairs from the Finger Lakes, Western New York, Central New York and the Southern Tier,» Turner said.
«The energy and enthusiasm in the room were inspiring, and it was clear that many leaders from across our regions are excited about her candidacy for NYS governor. Congresswoman Stefanik’s vision, leadership and deep commitment to New Yorkers were evident throughout our conversations. The Upstate Chairs who attended expressed not only strong support, but also genuine enthusiasm to get involved and help drive momentum in the months ahead.»
Dutchess County GOP Chairman Mike McCormack echoed that sentiment, telling Fox News Digital, «I’m with Elise, and that’s not changing. We need to focus on saving our state, and she’s the hope for New York.»
KEY TRUMP ALLY JUMPS INTO NEW YORK GOVERNOR’S RACE DAYS AFTER SHOCKING MAMDANI MAYORAL VICTORY

President Donald Trump is greeted by Bruce Blakeman, county executive of Nassau County, New York, after arriving at the Republic Airport on Air Force One Sept. 26, 2025 in Farmingdale, N.Y. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
Even as Stefanik’s margins grow, Blakeman has continued visiting counties upstate and has attempted to contrast himself as an executive-focused candidate who leads one of the state’s largest suburban counties. In prior public remarks, Blakeman has argued Stefanik’s national profile draws attention away from New York-specific issues. But GOP chairs say those arguments haven’t changed their «unwavering support» for Stefanik.
Blakeman’s electoral record has also become a talking point among Republican officials who describe Stefanik as a proven winner. Over the course of his multi-decade political career, Blakeman has lost a statewide comptroller race by more than 30 points in 1998, a Nassau County Legislature race in 1999, dropped out of the 2009 New York City mayoral contest, lost a 2010 U.S. Senate primary by more than 20 points and lost a 2014 congressional race in NY-14, the same year Stefanik won her seat.
Stefanik, by contrast, has never lost an election and raises annually what Blakeman has raised over multiple cycles. Stefanik secured more than 72% of the weighted vote on the very first day she launched her gubernatorial campaign and has only expanded her margin since.

Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., leaves a House Republican Conference meeting with President Donald Trump on the budget reconciliation bill in the U.S. Capitol May 20, 2025. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)
With the backing of 40 of New York’s 45 Conservative Party organizations, which control their own separate ballot line, she is positioned to secure both the GOP and Conservative nominations long before either party’s convention. Early unity around Stefanik could allow Republicans to focus resources on the general election well ahead of schedule, a rare advantage for GOP candidates in deep blue New York.
The New York Republican Party’s convention is scheduled for early next year, with the petitioning period opening soon after. If Stefanik’s level of support holds through the convention, she would secure the nomination outright, leaving any challenger to attempt the 15,000-signature petition process instead of running through the party’s formal endorsement.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
For now, pollster James Johnson calls the primary a «done deal.»
«Stefanik seems to dominate the Republican vote. It’s a done deal,» Johnson said.
new york,new york city,politics,republicans elections
POLITICA2 días agoLa financiera vinculada a “Chiqui” Tapia utilizó 42 empresas falsas para lavar $72 mil millones: la lista completa
ECONOMIA3 días agoSantander y BBVA informaron en Madrid que frenaron el crédito en la Argentina ante la suba del riesgo
DEPORTE2 días agoClaudio Tapia: “No es la primera vez que vivimos esto, pasaron tres presidentes en mis 9 años y me quedan muchos más”


















