INTERNACIONAL
Returned Salvadoran migrant Kilmar Abrego Garcia arraigned on federal human trafficking charges in Tennessee

Illegal migrant Kilmar Abrego Garcia set to face judge
The Oversight Project President Mike Howell joins ‘Fox & Friends First’ to break down the case of Kilmar Abrego Garcia, a migrant deported to El Salvador who is now back in the U.S. and facing legal proceedings.
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Kilmar Abrego Garcia, a Salvadorian migrant who was erroneously deported to El Salvador before being returned to the U.S. to face federal prosecution last week, pleaded not guilty on Friday to charges of human trafficking and conspiracy charges.
Garcia’s legal team told U.S. Magistrate Judge Barbara Holmes on Friday that they have had time to review the indictment, and Garcia understands what he is accused of, before he formally entered the plea, which stems from a 2022 traffic stop.
Abrego Garcia is charged with the trafficking of undocumented migrants, and conspiring with others to do so.
The criminal case against Abrego Garcia, an alleged MS-13 member, comes after a high-profile, protracted legal fight over his deportation and the Trump administration’s efforts to delay his return to the U.S., even after the Supreme Court ordered the administration to «facilitate» his release earlier this year.
US JUDGE BLASTS TRUMP LAWYERS FOR 11TH-HOUR TACTICS IN MS-13 DEPORTATION CASE
In this handout provided by Sen. Van Hollen’s Office, U.S. Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) meets with Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia (L) at an undisclosed location on Apr. 17, 2025, in San Salvador, El Salvador. (Sen. Van Hollen’s Office via Getty Images)
Special Agent Peter T. Joseph told prosecutors on Friday that he was first assigned to Abrego Garcia’s case in April 2025, when he was still detained in El Salvador.
Since then, Joseph said, he has reviewed footage from Abrego Garcia’s 2022 traffic stop, which has emerged as the basis of the human smuggling charges.
At the time, Joseph told prosecutors, Abrego Garcia had been driving a vehicle with nine passengers and was pulled over while driving from St. Louis to Maryland with an expired license.
Six of the nine passengers in the vehicle have since been identified as being in the U.S. illegally, Joseph said, adding that one passenger in the van told officers that he was born in 2007, which would have made him just 15 at the time.
Abrego Garcia’s legal team has vehemently disputed his alleged status as an MS-13 member, and are expected to contest the effort by U.S. prosecutors to have him detained pending trial.
TRUMP’S REMARKS COULD COME BACK TO BITE HIM IN ABREGO GARCIA DEPORTATION BATTLE

Demonstrators gather outside the U.S. District Court in Greenbelt, Md., in May to protest the detention of Kilmar Abrego Garcia, who has since been returned to the U.S. to face federal criminal charges. (Breanne Deppisch for Fox News Digital)
His case has become a national flashpoint in the broader fight over Trump’s hard-line immigration policies in his second White House term.
In a court filing Wednesday night, lawyers for Abrego Garcia urged U.S. Magistrate Judge Barbara Holmes in Tennessee to release their client from custody while awaiting trial, arguing that the government’s grounds for a detention hearing – and his alleged status as an MS-13 gang member – are meritless.
«Mr. Abrego Garcia asks the Court for what he has been denied the past several months – due process,» his lawyers said, adding that there is no evidence their client is a flight risk, or that he has «systematically engaged in international travel in the recent past.»
Abrego Garcia’s attorneys have also disputed his status as a member of MS-13, which was based on allegations made by a confidential informant, according to court documents. The informant had alleged Abrego Garcia belonged to an MS-13 chapter in New York, where he had never lived.
100 DAYS OF INJUNCTIONS, TRIALS AND ‘TEFLON DON’: TRUMP SECOND TERM MEETS ITS BIGGEST TESTS IN COURT

Kilmar Abrego Garcia listens to court arguments during his hearing in Tennessee in a courtroom sketch from last week. (Paul Collins/Fox News)
Speaking at a press conference in Nashville before the arraignment, Abrego Garcia’s wife, Jennifer Vasquez Sura, told reporters that yesterday marked three months since her husband was «abducted and disappeared» by the Trump administration.
She said the two were able to speak for the first time on Thursday.
«Kilmar wants you to have faith,» Sura said. «He says to continue fighting, and I will be victorious because God is with us.’»
Sura noted that their son, Kilmar Jr., was currently attending his kindergarten graduation ceremony in Maryland. «My heart is in Maryland with my kids,» she said, her voice breaking with emotion. «But I’m here fighting for my husband, for his dad to come back home.»
Federal prosecutors disputed that and have urged the judge to keep him in custody, saying in a filing of their own that Abrego Garcia «would have enormous reason to flee» if he were not immediately detained by ICE.
Court documents show the Justice Department filed the charges against Abrego Garcia on May 21– prompting a flurry of questions as to when the investigation and impaneling of a grand jury would have taken place.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Abrego Garcia’s family sued the Trump administration in March after the Salvadoran man, who entered the country illegally around 2012 and was living in Maryland, was abruptly deported to El Salvador in March. An immigration judge had ruled in 2019 that he could be deported, just not to El Salvador.
Upon being returned to the U.S. last week, Abrego Garcia was immediately sent to Tennessee to face federal charges related to transporting undocumented immigrants.
This is a developing news story. Check back for updates.
INTERNACIONAL
The only map you need to see to understand how serious Trump is about Iran

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
For weeks, the U.S. military has quietly amassed what President Donald Trump has described as an «armada» in Iran’s backyard. Mapped out across the Persian Gulf and beyond, the deployment tells its own story — one of calculated pressure backed by credible capability.
The latest signal of escalation is the movement of the world’s largest aircraft carrier, the U.S. Navy’s USS Gerald R. Ford, and its strike group from the Caribbean toward the Middle East.
The buildup coincides with indirect negotiations between Washington and Tehran over Iran’s disputed nuclear program. Trump has warned that the regime must fully dismantle its nuclear infrastructure — or face consequences.
THE WORLD’S TOP NUCLEAR POWERS HAVE NO ARSENAL LIMITS, HERE ARE THE COUNTRIES WITH NUKES
President Donald Trump has demanded that the Iranian regime dismantle its nuclear weapons program. (Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP/Getty Images)
At the heart of America’s force projection is another carrier strike group: the USS Abraham Lincoln — a mobile fortress at sea, guarded by destroyers and equipped to unleash precision strikes at a moment’s notice. On deck, F-35 fighters and F/A-18 attack aircraft sit within range of dozens of key Iranian military and nuclear targets.
Meanwhile, in the Eastern Mediterranean, the destroyers USS Bulkeley and USS Roosevelt provide additional strike capability and missile defense coverage — and could potentially assist Israel in defending against any Iranian counterattack.
WORLD’S LARGEST AIRCRAFT CARRIER HEADS TO MIDDLE EAST AS IRAN NUCLEAR TENSIONS SPIKE DRAMATICALLY
Farther south, in the Red Sea, the USS Delbert B. Black adds another layer of firepower along one of the world’s most important shipping lanes. The Red Sea links the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean through the Suez Canal, a corridor that carries a significant share of global trade and energy supplies.
A U.S. destroyer there not only protects commercial traffic but also gives Washington the flexibility to respond quickly to threats moving between the Middle East and Europe.
Even closer to Iran’s coastline, in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, the USS McFaul and USS Mitscher are operating in one of the most strategically sensitive waterways on the planet. Roughly a fifth of the world’s oil passes through the Strait of Hormuz each day. Their presence signals that the U.S. can both defend that vital choke point and, if necessary, strike Iranian targets from close range.
IRAN DRAWS MISSILE RED LINE AS ANALYSTS WARN TEHRAN IS STALLING US TALKS

Alongside the warships in the region are advanced aircraft such as the F-35 fighter, a jet designed to slip past air defenses and hit targets with precision. (Cpl. Isaac Cantrell/U.S. Marine Corps)
Beyond naval forces, U.S. air power is spread across multiple Middle Eastern bases, giving commanders the ability to strike, defend and sustain operations quickly.
Several types of combat aircraft are operating from regional bases, including F-15s, F-16s and the radar-evading F-35. The A-10 specializes in close-air support missions against armored threats.
Those fighters are backed by a network of support aircraft. KC-135 and KC-46 tankers refuel jets midair, allowing them to fly farther and stay aloft longer. EA-18G electronic warfare aircraft can jam enemy radar and communications. E-3 Sentry aircraft serve as airborne command centers, tracking threats across wide areas. P-8 Poseidon planes patrol and monitor maritime activity.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Additionally, heavy transports — including C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster aircraft — move troops and equipment, while MQ-9 Reaper drones provide surveillance and can carry precision weapons. The assets give U.S. commanders flexibility to operate across air, sea and land.
Taken together, the air and naval deployments create overlapping strike capability, missile defense coverage and control over major maritime routes. For Iran, it means U.S. forces are not concentrated in a single vulnerable location — they are distributed, layered and positioned to operate from multiple directions at once.
iran,middle east,donald trump,white house,nuclear proliferation,national security
INTERNACIONAL
“Cumbres borrascosas”: por qué Joyce Carol Oates no enseñaría la novela a sus estudiantes

“Los comentarios sobre Wuthering Heights resultan tan tristes. Es evidente que muchos, la mayoría, solo han leído la primera parte y no la segunda; la novela es de una ambición enorme porque dramatiza un arco de experiencia que en realidad abarca décadas”, publicó Joyce Carol Oates —autora estadounidense referente y activa usuaria de X—, reabriendo el debate en torno a la polémica por Cumbres borrascosas tras el estreno de la versión cinematográfica dirigida por Emerald Fennel. La discusión, centrada en el legado de Emily Brontë -autora de la novela- ganó impulso en redes sociales, al reunir un agudo cruce generacional sobre la recepción de los clásicos del siglo XIX.

Cumbres borrascosas
eBook
Oates identifica una distancia radical entre la experiencia lectora actual y la que requiere una obra como Cumbres borrascosas.Por eso, dijo, le resultaban tristres los comentarios. La autora de Blonde, Mamá y Memorias de una viuda habló de cómo fue, en su momento, el debut de Emily Brontë: “Es un logro para una novelista que publica por primera vez, igual que Jane Eyre de la hermana de Emily, Charlotte Brontë”, compartió Oates en X.
Oates reflexionó acerca de la viabilidad, hoy, de conectar con la literatura del siglo XIX: “Quizá se ha vuelto imposible en el siglo XXI para los lectores asimilar una obra del siglo XIX; como profesora de literatura, creo que no intentaría ‘enseñarla’ hoy salvo a estudiantes universitarios muy interesados en literatura, quienes no tendrían dificultades para comprenderla”, agregó en la misma red social.
Al recordar su experiencia escolar, Joyce Carol Oates comparó su formación con el clima educativo actual: “Resulta desconcertante, al mirar estas publicaciones sobre Cumbres borrascosas, que en nuestros institutos de Williamsville, Nueva York —escuelas públicas reconocidas por su enfoque humanístico—, los profesores realmente enseñaban a las Brontë, Dostoyevski, Thoreau y muchos otros autores cuyos libros probablemente hoy se considerarían demasiado exigentes y se descartarían como ‘basura’”, relató Oates en X.

Añadió que los estudiantes leyeron esos libros y aprendieron mucho, igual que los estadounidenses del siglo XIX, quienes “escribían cartas tan elocuentes entre ellos”, destacó Oates.
En referencia a la nueva película, Oates apuntó en X la posibilidad, nunca realizada, de una lectura renovadora: “Sería emocionante ver una interpretación radicalmente nueva de Cumbres borrascosas en la que Heathcliff sea, o pueda ser, el hijo no reconocido del terrateniente Earnshaw: un heredero de la nobleza británica de piel oscura, marginado”, argumentó la autora.
Contrastó dicha posibilidad con el enfoque de la versión dirigida por Fennel: “Pero la nueva película, a juzgar por las críticas —algunas difundidas en medios de cine y portales de reseñas especializados—, parece ser simplemente un romance apasionado entre personajes blancos, lo cual puede ser bueno para la taquilla, aunque no resulta interesante en otros sentidos”, añadió Oates en la plataforma.
Joyce Carol Oates ya había abordado, en una publicación realizada en X en 2024, el impacto de las redes sociales sobre la imaginación y creatividad, dando contexto al universo de las Brontë: “¿Y si las hermanas Brontë hubieran tenido TikTok? Tan solitarias e incomunicadas en la rectoría junto al cementerio, solo podían contarse historias entre ellas, que plasmaron en libros en miniatura de los cuales nacieron años después Cumbres borrascosas y el héroe romántico Rochester”.

Cuestionó el rol de las plataformas digitales en la vida creativa: “En el corto plazo, las redes sociales fascinan; a largo plazo, secan la imaginación y debilitan el alma”, afirmó Oates en la misma red social.
En mensajes previos, la autora evocó la escritura de Mary Shelley: “Releyendo Frankenstein; o, el moderno Prometeo de Mary Shelley. Solo tenía dieciocho años cuando empezó a escribirlo, diecinueve cuando lo terminó, en una especie de trance de inspiración y concentración. Un logro, como Cumbres borrascosas de Emily Brontë: primeras novelas”.
A modo de ironía sobre la corrección contemporánea, escribió en 2016: “‘Withering Heights’, (Cumbres marchitas) corrección moderna de Wuthering Heights. Menos mal que Emily Brontë no contó con la ayuda del autocorrector”, ironizó Oates en Twitter.

Finalmente, dejó planteada una observación sobre la diferencia entre Brontë y Jane Austen: “Cumbres borrascosas es la versión bad-boy-Byroniana de todas las novelas de Jane Austen, con sus damas y caballeros elegantes”, afirmó Oates, estableciendo un contraste provocador entre dos tradiciones narrativas inglesas: mientras las novelas de Jane Austen suelen centrarse en relaciones atravesadas por normas sociales, ironía y códigos de cortesía dentro de un mundo ordenado, Cumbres borrascosas de Emily Brontë lleva el amor y el conflicto a un terreno mucho más oscuro, pasional y desbordado, encarnado en la figura casi salvaje de Heathcliff; al decir “bad-boy-Byroniana”, Oates alude al arquetipo romántico del héroe atormentado y rebelde, sugiriendo que la novela de Brontë sería como una versión extrema, tormentosa y emocionalmente violenta de las historias de amor socialmente reguladas que asociamos con Austen.
cine,Jacob Elordi,Margot Robbie,Emerald Fennell,Saltburn,película,actores,director,Hollywood,drama
INTERNACIONAL
Caso Andrés: la policía peina cada rincón de su antigua mansión tras el operativo supersecreto para detenerlo

Una operación secreta
Un convoy discreto hasta Sandringham
Como un sospechoso ordinario
Huellas dactilares y foto
POLITICA3 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
ECONOMIA2 días agoAyuda Escolar Anual: a cuánto asciende, donde se tramita y quien puede cobrarla
POLITICA3 días agoEl Gobierno endurece las medidas de seguridad y control en la marcha prevista contra la reforma laboral en el Congreso













