INTERNACIONAL
SCOOP: Stacy Garrity launches Republican campaign for Pennsylvania governor

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX: Pennsylvania State Treasurer Stacy Garrity announced her Republican campaign for governor Monday, teeing up what could be a competitive race against incumbent Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro in 2026.
Speaking exclusively with Fox News Digital ahead of her campaign launch, the Republican candidate said she is challenging Shapiro in next year’s gubernatorial election because he «has failed the state,» on critical issues, including energy production, education and job creation. She said the state’s vast oil and gas resources are the keys to its economy.
«I have a much different vision for the Commonwealth,» Garrity, 61, said in a phone interview before announcing her campaign for governor. «We really need to take advantage of what we have right under our feet, which would create a lot of financial breathing room for the Commonwealth that we desperately need.»
Garrity said her position on energy puts her right in step with President Donald Trump and Sen. Dave McCormick, who both called for unleashing American energy in battleground Pennsylvania during the 2024 presidential election.
2028 HOPEFUL CHALLENGES TRUMP’S JUVENILE SURGERY BAN WHILE OPPOSING WOMEN’S SPORTS BILL RESTRICTIONS
State Treasurer Stacy Garrity speaks during a rally for Dave McCormick, Republican U.S. Senate candidate from Pennsylvania, at Beerded Goat Brewery in Harrisburg, Pa., on Thursday, April 25, 2024. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)
«We have so much natural gas under our feet,» Garrity said, calling the energy «billions of dollars in economic opportunity.»
DEMOCRAT MIKIE SHERRILL WINS NJ GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARY, SETTING UP SHOWDOWN WITH TRUMP-BACKED GOP WINNER
Pennsylvania, a reliable swing state, experienced a red wave in 2024, as Trump won at the top of the ticket and McCormick unseated former longtime Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., on the Senate line.
Garrity said Pennsylvania voters delivered a message loud and clear last year.
Pennsylvanians want «more money in our pockets» and less of the «government’s hands in our pockets,» the treasurer, who said she travels to all 67 counties in the Commonwealth each year, said.
Keystone State residents also want school choice, safe communities and no «boys competing against girls in sports,» Garrity said.
The Republican hopeful took aim at Shapiro’s policies on school choice, arguing that «he might be able to play political games with education, but our kids certainly can’t.»

Governor of Pennsylvania Josh Shapiro is seen at the Celebration of Freedom Ceremony during Wawa Welcome America on July 04, 2023 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images)
Shapiro recently told reporters that the Commonwealth doesn’t need «extremist politicians» trying to legislate student participation in sports, in reference to a recent bill in the Pennsylvania legislature that would prevent transgender athletes from playing in women’s sports, according to WITF.
«He’s with radical liberals that are pushing a political agenda,» Garrity said, before adding, «As far as I’m concerned, that’s not fairness, and it’s not leadership. It’s really, in my opinion, a betrayal of common sense and the integrity of women’s athletics.»
Garrity also criticized Shapiro for what she described as flip-flopping on school choice and «fail[ing] the state» in delivering a state budget.
Shapiro, who presides over a politically divided state legislature, missed the Commonwealth’s deadline to pass its budget this year.

Pennsylvania State Treasurer Stacy Garrity speaks at a Republican Victory Party. (Photo by Aimee Dilger/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)
The Democratic governor captured national attention last year when he was short-listed as a potential running mate for former Vice President Kamala Harris, after former President Joe Biden suspended his re-election campaign.
«I’m not as well polished as Josh Shapiro,» Garrity admitted to Fox News Digital. «I’m definitely not as good of a politician as Josh Shapiro, and he’s a prolific fundraiser. This is going to be a tough race.»
But despite Shapiro’s potential advantage as an incumbent governor with national recognition, Garrity said, «I am a really tough worker.»
Garrity touted that in her first race for state treasurer, she managed to upset a popular incumbent, and «then the second time around, I got more votes for this election than any statewide candidate in Pennsylvania’s history, including Josh Shapiro.»
«I have been an underdog my whole life, in the army and in business and in politics, and that’s why I’ve been able to succeed when the odds are stacked against me,» Garrity said.

Pennsylvania state treasurer, Stacy Garrity, poses alongside then-candidate President Donald Trump during the 2024 presidential election. (Courtesy of the Garrity campaign)
«State treasurer is my first role in public office, but not my first in public service,» the Republican hopeful said. «I did spend 30 years in the Army Reserves. I was deployed three times to the Middle East.»
Garrity also served in the private sector, at Global Tungsten & Powders, where she worked her way up to becoming one of two female vice presidents.
Now, as state treasurer, Garrity said, «Every day that I get to wake up and serve hardworking Pennsylvanians is truly a blessing.»
Garrity has been teasing her gubernatorial run for months. Fellow Trump-ally Rep. Dan Meuser, R-Pa., was considered a potential Republican candidate as well.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
His announcement last month that he would not run for Pennsylvania governor cleared a path for Garrity’s announcement on Monday morning.
Pennsylvania’s gubernatorial primary is set for May 19, 2026, and the midterm election is slated for Nov. 3, 2026.
politics,elections,pennsylvania,governors,midterm elections
INTERNACIONAL
Caso Andrés: la policía peina cada rincón de su antigua mansión tras el operativo supersecreto para detenerlo

Una operación secreta
Un convoy discreto hasta Sandringham
Como un sospechoso ordinario
Huellas dactilares y foto
INTERNACIONAL
What America’s most powerful warship brings to the Middle East as Iran tensions surge

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The Pentagon is deploying the USS Gerald R. Ford to the Middle East, creating a rare two-carrier presence in the region as tensions with Iran rise and questions swirl about possible U.S. military action.
The Ford will reinforce the USS Abraham Lincoln already operating in theater, significantly expanding American airpower at a moment of heightened regional uncertainty.
While officials have not announced imminent action, the dual-carrier presence increases the Pentagon’s flexibility — from deterrence patrols to sustained strike operations — should diplomacy falter.
The largest aircraft carrier in the world
The Gerald R. Ford is the largest and most advanced aircraft carrier ever built.
Commissioned in 2017, the nuclear-powered warship stretches more than 1,100 feet and displaces more than 100,000 tons of water. It serves as a floating air base that can operate in international waters without relying on host-nation approval — a key advantage in politically sensitive theaters.
Powered by two nuclear reactors, the ship has virtually unlimited range and endurance and is designed to serve for decades as the backbone of U.S. naval power projection.
The world’s largest aircraft carrier, USS Gerald R. Ford, steams alongside the replenishment oiler Laramie. (U.S. Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 6th Fleet / Handout via Reuters)
WORLD’S LARGEST AIRCRAFT CARRIER HEADS TO MIDDLE EAST AS IRAN NUCLEAR TENSIONS SPIKE DRAMATICALLY
How much airpower does it carry?
A typical air wing aboard the Ford includes roughly 75 aircraft, though the exact mix depends on mission requirements.
Those aircraft can include F/A-18 Super Hornets, stealth F-35C Joint Strike Fighters, EA-18G Growler electronic warfare jets, E-2D Hawkeye early warning aircraft and MH-60 helicopters.
In a potential conflict with Iran, several of those platforms would be central.
The F-35C is designed to penetrate contested airspace and carry out precision strikes against heavily defended targets. The Growler specializes in jamming enemy radar and communications — a critical capability against Iran’s layered air defense systems.
The E-2D extends surveillance hundreds of miles, helping coordinate air and missile defense.
Together, they give commanders options ranging from deterrence patrols to sustained strike operations.

An F-18E fighter jet takes off from the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford as it sails during NATO Neptune Strike 2025 exercise on Sept. 24, 2025, in the North Sea. (Jonathan Klein/AFP via Getty Images)
Built for higher combat tempo
What separates the Ford from earlier carriers is its ability to generate more sorties over time.
Instead of traditional steam catapults, it uses an electromagnetic aircraft launch system, or EMALS, allowing aircraft to launch more smoothly and at a faster pace. The system is designed to reduce stress on jets and increase operational tempo.
The ship also features advanced arresting gear and a redesigned flight deck that allows more aircraft to be staged and cycled efficiently.
In a high-intensity scenario — particularly one involving missile launches or rapid escalation — the ability to launch and recover aircraft quickly can be decisive.
How it compares to the Lincoln
While both the Ford and the Abraham Lincoln are 100,000-ton, nuclear-powered supercarriers capable of carrying roughly 60 aircraft to 75 aircraft, they represent different generations of naval design.
The Lincoln is a Nimitz-class carrier commissioned in 1989 and part of a fleet that has supported decades of operations in the Middle East. The Ford is the Navy’s next-generation carrier and the lead ship of its class.
The key difference is efficiency and output.
The Ford was built to generate a higher sustained sortie rate using its electromagnetic launch system, along with a redesigned flight deck and upgraded power systems. In practical terms, both ships bring substantial strike capability — but the Ford is designed to launch and recover aircraft faster over extended operations, giving commanders greater flexibility if tensions escalate.

USS Gerald R. Ford pictured in the Mediterranean Sea. (U.S Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 6th Fleet / Handout via Reuters)
IRAN SIGNALS NUCLEAR PROGRESS IN GENEVA AS TRUMP CALLS FOR FULL DISMANTLEMENT
How it defends itself
The Ford does not sail alone. It operates as the centerpiece of a carrier strike group that typically includes guided-missile destroyers, cruisers and attack submarines.
Those escort ships provide layered air and missile defense, anti-submarine protection and additional strike capability.
The carrier itself carries defensive systems including Evolved Sea Sparrow Missiles, Rolling Airframe Missiles and the Phalanx Close-In Weapon System — designed to intercept incoming threats at close range.
That defensive posture is especially relevant in the Middle East.
Iran has invested heavily in anti-ship ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, armed drones, naval mines and fast-attack craft operated by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The Gulf region presents a dense and complex threat environment, even for advanced U.S. warships.

The world’s largest warship, U.S. aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford, on its way out of the Oslofjord at Nesodden and Bygdoy, Norway, Sept. 17, 2025. (NTB/Lise Aserud via Reuters)
Why two carriers matter
With both the Ford and the Lincoln in theater, commanders gain more than just added firepower. Two carriers allow the U.S. to sustain a higher tempo of operations, distribute aircraft across multiple areas, or maintain continuous presence if one ship needs to reposition or resupply.
Dual-carrier deployments are relatively uncommon and typically coincide with periods of heightened regional tension.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The timing — as negotiations with Tehran continue — underscores the strategic message. Carriers are often deployed not only to fight wars, but to prevent them.
By positioning both ships in the region, Washington is signaling that if diplomacy falters, military options will already be in place.
conflicts defense,us navy,iran,middle east,pentagon
INTERNACIONAL
Trump dijo que desclasificará la información secreta del Gobierno de EE.UU. sobre «los extraterrestres y ovnis»

Donald Trump anunció que ordenará a las agencias federales de Estados Unidos publicar documentos clasificados sobre “vida extraterrestre” y “ovnis”.
El presidente eligió su red social, Truth, para lanzar la promesa y aseguró que el proceso incluirá archivos sobre fenómenos aéreos no identificados (UAP) y objetos voladores no identificados (UFOs), además de cualquier otra información relevante.
Leé también: Trump aseguró que Obama reveló información clasificada cuando habló de la existencia de extraterrestres
“En vista del gran interés mostrado, ordenaré al secretario de Defensa, Pete Hegseth, y a otros departamentos y agencias relevantes que inicien el proceso de identificación y publicación de archivos gubernamentales relacionados con vida extraterrestre, fenómenos aéreos no identificados y objetos voladores no identificados, así como cualquier otra información relacionada con estos asuntos altamente complejos, pero extremadamente interesantes e importantes”, escribió Trump en su mensaje.
Cruce con Obama y acusaciones de información clasificada
Horas antes, Trump apuntó contra Barack Obama y lo acusó de revelar información clasificada sobre alienígenas durante una entrevista en un popular podcast. “Son reales, pero no los he visto y no los tienen guardados en… el Área 51”, le dijo al presentador Brian Tyler Cohen al referirse a esa instalación secreta y que es centro de muchas teorías conspirativas sobre los ovnis.
El expresidente demócrata Barack Obama causó revuelo al decir en un podcast que los extraterrestres «son reales». (Foto: EFE/EPA/Micheal Reynolds)
“No hay una instalación subterránea. A menos que exista una conspiración enorme y se lo hayan ocultado al presidente de Estados Unidos”, agregó.
Las declaraciones de Obama generaron revuelo en redes sociales y alimentaron la expectativa de quienes creen en la existencia de vida fuera de la Tierra.
El exmandatario demócrata intentó bajar el tono y, en un comunicado, sostuvo: “El universo es tan vasto que hay muchas probabilidades de que contenga otras formas de vida. Pero las distancias entre los sistemas solares son tan grandes que la probabilidad de que hayamos sido visitados por extraterrestres es baja, y durante mi presidencia no vi ninguna evidencia de que extraterrestres hayan contactado con nosotros. ¡De verdad!”.
Al ser consultado por periodistas a bordo del Air Force One, Trump insistió en que Obama “proporcionó información clasificada; y se supone que no debe hacerlo”.
Sin embargo, evitó responder si eso significa que los alienígenas existen y deslizó que podría “sacar de apuros” a su antecesor desclasificando los archivos, aunque no dio detalles sobre cómo ni cuándo lo haría.
Una promesa en medio de sospechas y cortinas de humo
Como suele ocurrir con Trump, no está claro si cumplirá con su promesa ni de qué manera piensa hacerlo. Tampoco se sabe cuánto de “cortina de humo” hay en el anuncio, justo cuando otros temas sensibles, como el caso Epstein, dominan la agenda mediática en Estados Unidos.
Lo cierto es que el interés por los ovnis y la vida extraterrestre creció en los últimos años. Según una encuesta de YouGov de noviembre pasado, el 56% de los estadounidenses cree que “los alienígenas visitaron la Tierra”.
El Congreso y los testimonios sobre ovnis
El tema no es nuevo en la política estadounidense. El Congreso realizó varias audiencias sobre ovnis, y en el verano de 2023 escuchó a testigos clave como David Fravor (comandante retirado de la Marina), Ryan Graves (expiloto de la Armada) y David Grusch (exoficial de inteligencia de la Fuerza Aérea), quien afirmó que el Pentágono tiene partes de naves alienígenas y “restos no humanos”.
Leé también: Así cayó el príncipe Andrés: su vínculo con Epstein, títulos reales perdidos y un arresto histórico
El objetivo de esas audiencias fue presionar al Pentágono para que difunda información clasificada, bajo el argumento de que se trata de una cuestión de seguridad nacional.
Algunos legisladores, como Tim Burchett (Tennessee), insisten en que los UAP pueden ser naves extraterrestres, pero también globos espía, artefactos de potencias rivales como China y Rusia, chatarra aeroespacial, satélites de Elon Musk o simples ilusiones ópticas.
Una fascinación que viene de lejos
La obsesión de Estados Unidos por los ovnis se remonta a 1947, cuando el piloto Kenneth Arnold describió una cadena de objetos brillantes sobre el Monte Rainier, en Seattle, y popularizó el término “platillo volador”, según re4cordó el diario El País.
En 2017, un artículo de The New York Times reveló la existencia de un programa secreto del Pentágono que desde 2007 estudia los avistamientos militares de UAP. Tras esa publicación, el Departamento de Defensa decidió en 2020 divulgar videos de encuentros de pilotos militares con objetos voladores no identificados, que ya circulaban por internet.
Donald Trump, ovnis, extraterrestres, Barack Obama
POLITICA3 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
ECONOMIA2 días agoAyuda Escolar Anual: a cuánto asciende, donde se tramita y quien puede cobrarla
POLITICA3 días agoEl Gobierno endurece las medidas de seguridad y control en la marcha prevista contra la reforma laboral en el Congreso



















