INTERNACIONAL
Tensión en el Caribe: los venezolanos, más preocupados por la economía navideña que por el despliegue militar de Estados Unidos

INTERNACIONAL
UN Security Council moves up session on Gaza, West Bank ahead of Trump’s inaugural Board of Peace meeting

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The United Nations Security Council will convene a high-level meeting Wednesday to address the fragile Gaza ceasefire and Israel’s expanding operations in the West Bank as diplomatic attention shifts toward President Donald Trump’s upcoming inaugural Board of Peace meeting.
The session in New York was initially planned for Thursday but was moved up, according to The Associated Press, after Trump announced that his newly formed Board of Peace would meet the same day, creating scheduling conflicts for diplomats expected to attend both events.
The AP reported that the foreign ministers of the United Kingdom, Israel, Jordan, Egypt and Indonesia are expected to attend the monthly Middle East meeting of the 15-member U.N. Security Council.
Several Arab and Islamic nations requested the session last week to address the situation in Gaza and Israel’s expansion of settlements in the West Bank before some of their leaders head to Washington.
TRUMP ENVOY WARNS HAMAS OF ‘SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES’ AS ADMIN LAUNCHES PHASE TWO OF GAZA PLAN
Palestinian U.N. Ambassador Riyad Mansour speaks to the media on behalf of the Arab Group at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City Feb. 17, 2026. (Zamek/VIEWpress via Getty Images)
Trump announced Monday that member states of his newly formed Board of Peace have pledged more than $5 billion toward humanitarian aid and reconstruction efforts in Gaza.
He said participating countries have also committed thousands of personnel to an international stabilization force and local policing efforts aimed at maintaining security in the enclave.
In outlining the initiative, Trump said Hamas must adhere to what he described as a commitment to «full and immediate demilitarization,» framing the effort as a broader push toward regional stability.
TRUMP LAUNCHES PHASE 2 OF GAZA PEACE PLAN — BUT HAMAS DISARMAMENT REMAINS THE REAL TEST

Palestinians shop for food beneath a destroyed building in Gaza City’s Zawiya market Feb. 18, 2026, during the first days of Ramadan. (Omar Al-Qattaa/AFP via Getty Images)
Israel formally joined the Board of Peace Feb. 11 ahead of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s meeting with Trump at the White House.
Netanyahu was not present at the initial ceremony held in Davos, Switzerland, in late January, where leaders from 17 countries, including presidents and other senior government officials from Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Central and Southeast Asia signed the founding charter alongside Trump.
Netanyahu later agreed to join the initiative after previously raising concerns about the composition of the Gaza executive board, particularly the roles of Qatar and Turkey.

President Donald Trump, center, holds up a signed Board of Peace charter during the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Jan. 22, 2026. (Evan Vucci/AP Photo)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
A number of other countries were invited by the White House to participate, including Russia, Belarus, France, Germany, Vietnam, Finland, Ukraine, Ireland, Greece and China.
Poland and Italy said they would not join the board.
united nations,middle east,donald trump
INTERNACIONAL
La guerra en Ucrania: cómo los drones cambiaron una ciudad rusa desde el comienzo de la invasión hace cuatro años

«Tengo esperanza»
«Aterrador»
Calle de la Paz
INTERNACIONAL
Duffy gives Illinois 30-day ultimatum after audit finds 1 in 5 noncitizen truck licenses issued illegally

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX: Illinois could lose millions in federal funding if it does not clean up its driver’s licensing system after the U.S. Department of Transportation warned Democratic Gov. JB Pritzker and the state’s top licensing official that one in five commercial licenses issued to noncitizens were issued illegally.
Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy issued a written ultimatum to both the Hyatt Hotels heir and Kevin Duesterhaus, the state director of driver services under Illinois Secretary of State Alexi Giannoulias, and listed several cases of drivers from El Salvador to Ukraine who were in violation of the law.
«I need our state partners to understand that they work for the American people, not illegal immigrants who broke the law illegally entering our country and continue to break it by operating massive big rigs without the proper qualifications,» Duffy said in a statement obtained by Fox News Digital.
DUFFY SAYS ‘TIME’S UP’ FOR NEWSOM AS FEDS WITHHOLD $160M OVER ILLEGAL TRUCKING LICENSES
Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker, center, speaks in Chicago. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
«[Joe] Biden and [Pete] Buttigieg forced Americans to share their roads with unqualified and unvetted foreign drivers, but the Trump administration is putting the needs of American families first where they belong.»
Duffy warned Duesterhaus and Pritzker that $128 million in federal highway funding, including Illinois’ share of the National Highway Performance Program and Surface Transportation Block Grants for FY-2027, would be held up if fixes are not made within 30 days and noncompliance continues.
«In addition, if the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) issues a final determination of substantial noncompliance, the agency may decertify Illinois’ CDL program,» Duffy wrote.
SOME STATES HAVE LET UNQUALIFIED FOREIGN DRIVERS ON THE ROAD AND AMERICANS PAY THE PRICE
Non-domiciled CDLs are commercial licenses issued to noncitizens who are not green card holders. The only exceptions to the non-domicile rule are truckers from Mexico and Canada, whose licensing systems the U.S. Department of Transportation has determined are in compliance with American standards, in deference to the reciprocal relationship between the two countries.
Duffy took issue with two main categories of illegally held licenses: drivers whose license validity dates exceeded their lawful presence in the U.S., and drivers who were given licenses without Illinois verifying their lawful presence.
The audit was also conducted as part of President Donald Trump’s executive order declaring English the official language of the U.S.
Pritzker and Duesterhaus must immediately pause issuances of all non-domiciled CDLs, identify noncompliant ones in circulation, revoke and reissue all compliant ones, and conduct their own internal audit.
Audited examples of CDL scofflaws include two Kyrgyz nationals who presented expired employment authorizations (EAD) and USCIS applications for new EADs, which Illinois should not have accepted.
A Nigerian national and a Moldovan national were found in similar situations.
TRUMP THREATENS TO CUT $75M FROM PENNSYLVANIA OVER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CDL SCANDAL
A Singaporean national was provided a license after presenting only partial documentation, and several drivers «whose citizenship is unknown» were among those scrutinized.
Fox News Digital reached out to Pritzker for comment, as well as Duesterhaus via Giannoulias’ office.
Giannoulias condemned what he called a «threat» to Springfield’s funding in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.
«A strong economy depends on strong logistics,» Giannoulias said. «If trucks don’t move, supply chains fail, prices rise, and families feel it in their pocketbooks. We can see the actions by the Trump administration taking their toll on our truckers and our farmers, both of whom are essential to Illinois’ economy.»
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Newly elected Illinois Secretary of State Alexi Giannoulias addresses the crowd after taking the oath of office during a ceremony Jan. 9, 2023, in Springfield, Ill. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast, File)
Giannoulias’ office said it believes its CDL issuance policies are «substantially compliant» with U.S. Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requirements and that it will conduct its own review of Duffy’s findings.
Giannoulias said the Illinois Agricultural Association raised concerns over the pause in issuing non-domiciled CDLs and that «Illinois agriculture depends on timely, practical, and legally sound regulatory decisions. Continued uncertainty places employers, workers, and food production systems at unnecessary risk.»
infrastructure across america,trucks,illinois,illegal immigrants,jb pritzker
POLITICA22 horas agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
POLITICA2 días agoCristian Ritondo: “Vamos a apoyar la ley de modernización laboral, pero no el régimen de licencias por enfermedad”
ECONOMIA2 días agoEl dólar no sólo cae en la Argentina: qué pasa con otras monedas emergentes y cuáles son las causas












