INTERNACIONAL
Trump’s warning to Nigeria offers hope to nation’s persecuted Christians

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A Nigerian pastor and other Christians have welcomed President Donald Trump’s pressure on the Abuja government to bring an end to the killing of Christians. The president recently designated Nigeria a Country of Particular Concern, and warned he is considering stopping aid and introducing financial and other sanctions against government officials.
But the Christians Fox News Digital has talked to, while welcoming Trump’s support, say they don’t want U.S. Troops to be sent into Nigeria to stop the widespread murder of their co-religionists in one of the worst-affected areas, the Middle Belt of the West African nation.
Asking to be only identified by his first name due to fear of reprisals, Pastor Fred told Fox News Digital from Plateau State, «For the last 20 years we’ve been trying to raise an alarm because the voices of people have been silenced. Hopefully, by doing this, it’ll challenge the Nigerian government and those with influence and power to make a difference because lives are being lost.»
CRUZ CLASHES WITH NIGERIA OVER HIS CLAIMS 50,000 CHRISTIANS KILLED SINCE 2009 IN RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE
Members of St Leo Catholic Church hold a procession to mark Palm Sunday in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria, on April 13, 2025. (Adekunle Ajayi/Getty Images)
Despite Secretary of War Pete Hegseth posting a warning earlier this month that, «The Department of War is preparing for action. Either the Nigerian government protects Christians, or we will kill the Islamic terrorists who are committing these horrible atrocities,» but Pastor Fred, whose church has been attacked multiple times by Islamic militants, is firmly against any outside military action.
«I find that quite uncomfortable, as a Nigerian, imagining soldiers coming in. (I’m) very uncomfortable with it, but I’m more uncomfortable with the fact that people are being slaughtered, and the government is doing very little too.»
A leading bishop in Nigeria’s Plateau State, who didn’t want to give his name because of his safety, told Fox News Digital of his relief about the president’s comments, «I feel very delighted. I’m so happy. It’s a very, very welcome development.»
Last month President Trump posted on Truth Social, saying three of every four Christians murdered in the world in the past year, 3,100 of the 4,476 deaths worldwide, were killed in Nigeria. These are the exact numbers published by Open Doors in their World Watchlist 2025. Open Doors is a global Christian charity supporting Christians persecuted for their faith.
WHITE HOUSE RESPONDS TO SURGE IN CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION CRISIS ACROSS SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA

Young people protest against the killings following a deadly attack by Fulani militants on Christian-majority villages in Benue state, that left 218 people dead and 6,000 displaced. The protest took place in Benue state, on June 2025. (Open Doors UK)
The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom states that about 46% of Nigeria’s population is Christian, and multiple sources claim that in the bishop’s Plateau State, 90% of the population is said to be Christian. Yet wave after wave of radicalized Muslim Fulani nomadic tribesmen have mounted repeated attacks on Christians there, often decapitating children and seizing their land.
The bishop noted, «The challenge that we have is that Fulani militants are coming to kill without anybody stopping them. They kill with impunity. You call the security (Nigerian authorities). If they come, they come late — after people have been killed and after homes have been burnt.»
In December 2023, the bishop said his experience was typical «They [Fulani militants] killed 17 people. We thought it was over. While we went to do the burial, they attacked more than 25 villages in Plateau State, killing more than 100 people, including children.»
The Bishop is grateful for President Trump’s intervention, «the Christians here feel that this development is right. Somebody [in Washington] is checking, somebody’s looking, somebody is observing what is happening in Nigeria, and we believe this is going to put pressure on the government. We want to make sure that the security forces begin to do what they ought to do.»
Fox News Digital is in possession of documented cases where, while attacking Nigerian Christians, Fulani militants have shouted, «Death to all Christians.» A Nigerian lawyer Fox News Digital talked with this week said conditions have been indescribably tough, saying «the comments by President Trump are cheering to me and also to many Nigerians, especially from the Middle Belt, a region where thousands have been killed, maimed, pregnant women having their bellies ripped open, their farmlands destroyed and their ancestral lands taken over by the vicious Fulani militants.»

Funerals for some 27 Christians who were reportedly killed by Islamist Fulani tribesmen in the village of Bindi Ta-hoss, Nigeria. (Courtesy: Christian Solidarity International (CSI))
The lawyer told Fox News Digital, «President Trump’s intervention is timely, and it should be done fast, before the Nigerian government turns to Russia or China.» The lawyer didn’t want his name published as he fears for his safety.
«The Nigerian government have not cared much about the plight of these people,» the lawyer added. He hoped «that the U.S. will act in different ways to free the minority Christians from the hegemony of the Fulani militants.»
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Nigeria’s minister of information and national orientation told Fox News Digital, «The federal government of Nigeria has taken note of recent remarks by U.S. President Donald J. Trump regarding the state of religious freedom and security in Nigeria. While we appreciate any expression of concern for the well-being of Nigerians, we wish to clarify that Nigeria remains firmly committed to protecting the rights, safety and freedom of worship of all its citizens — Christians, Muslims and people of other faiths.»
The minister continued, «Nigeria is a multi-religious nation where communities of different beliefs have coexisted for centuries. The government continues to confront violent extremism in all its forms, whether motivated by ideology, criminality, or ethnicity, and works closely with regional and international partners to ensure peace and stability across our borders. Any external engagement on this issue must be grounded in facts, mutual respect and partnership, rather than perception or misinformation.»
donald trump,africa,christianity religion,conflicts,terrorism
INTERNACIONAL
Donald Trump se mete en la disputa por una isla en el Océano Índico y choca con Gran Bretaña

Desalojo
¿Qué quiere el gobierno de Donald Trump?
“Un gran error»
La importancia de la isla Diego García
Rechazo en Gran Bretaña
La base para atacar a Irán
INTERNACIONAL
GOP rips FISA court for tapping ex-Biden ‘disinformation’ lawyer to advise on surveillance

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Republican lawmakers called it «insane» that the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court appointed to a key advisory panel a lawyer with past ties to the Biden administration’s controversial Disinformation Governance Board.
Judges on the FISC appointed Jennifer Daskal this month to serve as an amicus curiae, meaning Daskal is now among a small group of lawyers designated to advise the secretive court, which approves warrants for federal authorities to surveil targets for foreign intelligence purposes. The GOP lawmakers say Daskal’s history with the disinformation board raises worries about her ability to discern whether warrants are appropriate.
«The same person who helped to build a board to censor American speech now advises judges on how to protect American liberties,» House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, told Fox News Digital in a statement. «That’s ridiculous — and exactly why Congress must continue our oversight.»
HOUSE PASSES FISA RENEWAL WITHOUT ADDED WARRANT MANDATE FOR US DATA
Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, looks on during a hearing with the House Judiciary Committee in the Rayburn House Office Building on Sept. 3, 2025, in Washington, D.C. (Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)
Sen. Eric Schmitt, R-Mo., echoed Jordan’s concerns, saying Daskal’s appointment was «insane» and calling for reforms to the FISC.
Schmitt shared a video of himself on X questioning Daskal during a hearing about what he called the Biden administration’s «censorship enterprise,» referencing Daskal’s role in aiming to dispel what the administration viewed as inaccurate information about COVID-19 masks and vaccines and information about election security.
FISC proceedings are classified and «ex parte,» meaning a judge reviews the federal government’s warrant application and the target of the warrant has no awareness of the proceedings. A judge reviewing the application can, however, turn to an amicus curiae to present counterpoints to the government’s application, meaning Daskal is among a handful of lawyers who could be tapped to argue against allowing the government to wiretap a person’s phones or otherwise surveil them.

The logo of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is seen at the Los Angeles Federal Building after a news conference to provide an update on the investigation into a May 18, 2025, bombing at a fertility clinic in Palm Springs, California, on June 4, 2025, in Los Angeles. (PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images)
Under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, the government has access to these powerful spy tools for foreign intelligence purposes, but it has sometimes, whether inadvertently or intentionally, improperly targeted U.S. citizens.
Building more guardrails into the legislation has long been a point of contention for privacy hawks. Republicans, in particular, became highly critical of the FISC after finding that the court approved the FBI’s warrant applications, which contained flimsy and inaccurate evidence, to surveil Trump campaign aide Carter Page beginning in 2016.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, told the Washington Free Beacon, which first reported on Daskal’s appointment, that the «American people need to have confidence in the people tasked to serve as amici» before the FISC. Grassley pointed to a bill he introduced, the FISA Accountability Act, which would allow Congress to have a say in who is chosen as an amicus curiae.
Jordan and Grassley have been some of the most vocal proponents of reining in the federal government’s use of FISA after identifying instances in recent years of intelligence officials allegedly abusing their authority and infringing on U.S. citizens’ Fourth Amendment right to privacy. In the case of Page, DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz released a report in 2019 that identified more than a dozen «significant errors or omissions» across the FBI’s four warrant applications used to surveil the former Trump aide. Daskal, in her new role, could offer confidential, weighty legal arguments to a FISC judge that support or oppose intelligence officials’ requests to surveil someone.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, is seen in the U.S. Capitol during votes related to the government shutdown on Thursday, October 16, 2025. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)
Daskal served as a top lawyer in the Department of Homeland Security when she helped launch the Disinformation Governance Board. Conservatives heavily criticized it, describing the board as a «Ministry of Truth» that sought to censor their viewpoints in violation of the First Amendment.
Daskal chartered the board, while Nina Jankowicz was named its executive director, an appointment that fueled Republicans’ fury over it after finding Jankowicz’ past social media posts that they said revealed she was too partisan. Jankowicz, for instance, cast doubt on the New York Post’s bombshell story in 2020 about Hunter Biden’s laptop, which she said fit a pattern of Russian «information laundering.» Biden administration officials vehemently objected to the claims in the New York Post’s story about Joe Biden’s handling of Ukrainian foreign policy, though the authenticity of the laptop itself has been verified through court proceedings.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Republicans put so much pressure on DHS about the board — calling it an «abuse of taxpayer dollars» and raising alarm that it painted policy disagreements over COVID-19, election security and immigration as mis- or dis- information — that it disbanded just a few months after its launch.
In Daskal’s hearing exchange with Schmitt, Daskal said «it’s not appropriate for the government to censor any points of view.» Daskal did not respond to a request for comment for this story.
fbi,judiciary,congress
INTERNACIONAL
Russia urges Iran, ‘all parties’ in Middle East to show restraint amid US military buildup

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Russia warned Iran and «all parties in the region to exercise restraint and caution» Thursday amid a U.S. military buildup in the Middle East.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov made the remark as the world’s largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, and its strike group are moving from the Caribbean toward the Middle East.
«Russia continues to develop relations with Iran, and in doing so, we call on our Iranian friends and all parties in the region to exercise restraint and caution, and we urge them to prioritize political and diplomatic means in resolving any problems,» Peskov said Thursday, according to Reuters.
«Right now, we are indeed seeing an unprecedented escalation of tensions in the region. But we still expect that political and diplomatic means and negotiations will continue to prevail in the search for a settlement,» he added.
WORLD’S LARGEST AIRCRAFT CARRIER HEADS TO MIDDLE EAST AS IRAN NUCLEAR TENSIONS SPIKE DRAMATICALLY
A F-18E fighter jet takes off from aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford as it sails during NATO Neptune Strike 2025 exercise on Sept. 24, 2025, in the North Sea. (Jonathan Klein/AFP via Getty Images)
The move of the USS Gerald R. Ford would place two aircraft carriers and their accompanying warships in the region. The USS Abraham Lincoln and three guided-missile destroyers arrived in the Middle East more than two weeks ago.
Negotiations between the United States and Iran over the latter’s nuclear program advanced Tuesday toward what Tehran described as the beginning of a potential framework, but sharp public divisions between the two sides underscored how far apart they remain.
IRAN FIRES LIVE MISSILES INTO STRAIT OF HORMUZ AS TRUMP ENVOYS ARRIVE FOR NUCLEAR TALKS

The USS Gerald R. Ford is heading toward the Middle East as tensions with Iran escalate and President Donald Trump demands full nuclear dismantlement. (Jonathan Klein/AFP via Getty Images)
Iranian foreign minister Abbas Araghchi said the two sides reached a «general agreement on a number of guiding principles» and agreed to begin drafting text for a possible agreement, with plans to exchange drafts and schedule a third round of talks.
Yet Washington has publicly insisted that any agreement must result in the dismantling of Iran’s nuclear program — including its enrichment capacity — along with limits on Tehran’s ballistic missile program and an end to its support for allied militant groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

The world’s largest aircraft carrier, USS Gerald R. Ford, is seen in the North Sea during NATO Neptune Strike 2025 exercise in September 2025. (Jonathan Klein/AFP via Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Those demands go well beyond temporary enrichment pauses or technical adjustments.
Fox News Digital’s Greg Wehner and Morgan Phillips contributed to this report.
iran,russia,military,nuclear proliferation,middle east,world
POLITICA2 días agoReforma laboral bomba: menos indemnización, más horas y despidos más fáciles — el cambio que puede sacudir el empleo en Argentina
POLITICA3 días agoCristian Ritondo: “Vamos a apoyar la ley de modernización laboral, pero no el régimen de licencias por enfermedad”
ECONOMIA3 días agoEl dólar no sólo cae en la Argentina: qué pasa con otras monedas emergentes y cuáles son las causas


















