INTERNACIONAL
Patel turns tables on Walz in response to viral tweet on Minnesota fraud raids: ‘Come again?’

Federal agents raid 22 Minneapolis businesses in massive fraud investigation
Federal agents are currently raiding 22 businesses in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as part of a major federal fraud investigation. Brooke Taylor reports live that the raids are connected to a viral YouTube video from Nick Shirley, which exposed alleged childcare funding fraud in December. The Trump administration previously froze childcare funding and called for a full audit of certain daycare centers.
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz faced immediate backlash Tuesday after claiming credit for federal fraud raids in Minneapolis, prompting a sharp rebuke from FBI Director Kash Patel.
The clash underscores growing political tensions over a sweeping probe into fraud that critics say unfolded under Walz’s watch, as federal authorities now take the lead.
«Come again?» Patel posted on X in response to Walz, who claimed that Tuesday’s raids happened because Minnesota state agencies «caught irregular behavior and reported it.»
«This FBI and DOJ with our DHS partners drafted and executed every search warrant today. But go ahead and take credit for our work while we smoke out the fraud plaguing Minnesota under your governorship.»
Walz’s tweet, viewed over a million times in just a few hours, was widely panned by conservatives who pointed out that the massive fraud scandal unfolded under his watch and that the public pressure was ultimately what forced him to drop his re-election bid for governor.
TOP 5 WILDEST MOMENTS AS GOP LAWMAKERS CLASHED WITH WALZ, ELLISON IN HEATED FRAUD HEARING: ‘UNBELIEVABLE’
FBI Director Kash Patel blasted Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz on Tuesday for taking credit for federal raids combatting fraud. (Photo by Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images; Photo by Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
«Arsonist masquerading as a firefighter,» Townhall columnist Dustin Grage posted on X.
«The main problem Tim Walz has now is that no one – Republican or Democrat – takes him seriously,» Republican operative and Trump 2020 communications director Tim Murtaugh posted on X. «He’s proven that he’s that much of a boob.»
«The same guy who spent a whole hearing dodging questions about $9 BILLION in fraud in Minnesota and talking about ICE instead is now praising fraud control,» the Republican led House Oversight Committee posted on X. «Tomorrow, we will pass legislation in the Committee to make sure it never happens again. Sit this one out, Tim.»
MN LAWMAKER TAKES ACTION TO GET ANSWERS ON OMAR’S ALLEGED FRAUD TIES AFTER SHE SKIPS KEY HEARING: ‘GHOSTED US’
«.@GovTimWalz is a stolen valor POS,» Rep. Derrick Van Orden, R-Wis., posted on X, referencing past criticisms of Walz’s military record that surfaced during the 2024 presidential campaign. «This is par for the course.»
«Well, the American people know we can actually thank @nickshirleyy and @VP,» Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., posted on X.
Others on social media pointed to an X post from the city of Minneapolis assuring citizens that it is not involved in the raids.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

FBI Director Kash Patel speaks during a news conference at the Justice Department in Washington on April 21, 2026. (Jacquelyn Martin/AP)
Federal authorities raided more than 20 locations, including childcare facilities, in Minneapolis on Tuesday as part of a sweeping fraud investigation into largely Somali-owned businesses, sources confirmed to Fox News.
«Today the FBI with federal, state and local law enforcement is involved in court-authorized law enforcement activity as part of an ongoing fraud investigation,» a Department of Justice spokesperson said.
Authorities executed 22 federal search warrants in Minnesota on Tuesday morning as part of the operation, which is not immigration-related, sources said.
Fox News Digital’s Bill Melugin and Stephen Sorace contributed to this report.
kash patel, fbi, minnesota, minnesota fraud exposed, tim walz
INTERNACIONAL
Crisis en Cuba: «A Estados Unidos no le interesa la democratización» de la isla

El hastío y la rabia de los cubanos
El cacerolazo se ha convertido en la forma de protesta por excelencia en toda Cuba. En cualquier lugar, la gente suena una cazuela
A Estados Unidos no le interesa la democratización cubana
La presión que está ejerciendo Estados Unidos obviamente lo está descolocando (al gobierno) de alguna manera. Y ciertamente la gente se asombró.
Solución entre cubanos
Debe haber una amnistía en Cuba
Si hablamos de reconciliación, debemos pensar también en una amnistía para aquellos que están en el gobierno
INTERNACIONAL
Trump pulls back curtain on White House ballroom’s fortress-like defenses above and deep below

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
President Donald Trump gave reporters a fresh look Tuesday at construction of the new White House ballroom, touting it as a hardened security structure that runs six stories into the ground.
«This goes down very deep,» Trump said Tuesday from outside of the White House, motioning for reporters to check out construction updates. «You get a better view right over here. … These are already down two floors. That is down about six stories deep. That’s big stuff. Normally, when you build a ballroom, you build it flat. You just throw the ballroom. It would have been built.»
Trump said the future White House ballroom not just as an event venue, but as a hardened security structure designed to support presidential operations and large gatherings amid heightened concerns following a shooting tied to the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.
‘SHARK TANK’ STAR BACKS TRUMP’S WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM PLAN AMID SECURITY CONCERNS: ‘IT’S BIPARTISAN’
Trump gave a tour of the White House Ballroom construction to the press on Tuesday. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Trump revealed that the ballroom will run about six stories deep, describing the building as made of «impenetrable» steel and four-inch-thick glass. He said 9,000 pounds of concrete is being used.
He said the building would include a military hospital research facilities, various meeting rooms and security infrastructure tied to drone and missile defense.
The roof is «dead flat» with «absolutely nothing but strength on it,» said Trump as he went on to describe the roof as a «drone port» with «unlimited numbers of drones» and military positioning capacity.

A view of the construction site of US President Donald Trump’s proposed ballroom as he speaks to the press at the White House in Washington, DC, on May 19, 2026 (Kent NISHIMURA / AFP via Getty Images)
«I hate to use the word snipers, but we have great sniper capacities built for our snipers. Not the enemy snipers, our snipers. And because of the height, we get a very clear view of everything all over Washington,» said Trump.
PHOTOS: THE MAKING OF TRUMP’S WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM, A LOOK AT THE CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS

Workers are seen as Trump speaks to the press at the construction site of the White House ballroom. (Kent NISHIMURA / AFP via Getty Images)
Responding to questions about the ballroom funding, Trump said Congress is approving funds for security enhancements, while stressing that he and donors, who are funding the project, «put up a lot of money to build» the new ballroom.
The Senate parliamentarian rejected Republicans’ effort to include a $1 billion White House and Secret Service security funding proposal in a reconciliation package on Sunday, with the request tied in part to security upgrades for Trump’s planned East Wing ballroom and broader White House security needs.
TRUMP’S DC BEAUTIFICATION PUSH WINS RARE DEM PRAISE AS PRESIDENT SNAPS LANDMARKS BACK TO LIFE

«The money that’s being put up to build the ballroom and again, the ballroom, it’s necessary for the ballroom to be built with what you see over here. It’s all knitted. The air conditioning, the heating, the drone capacity, the shield. You know, the ballroom becomes a shield for everything that you see right here,» said Trump. (Kent NISHIMURA / AFP via Getty Images)
The ballroom is also facing a National Trust for Historic Preservation lawsuit arguing the administration lacked authority in demolishing the East Wing, though the litigation has not fully resolved the project’s future.
Construction and landscaping projects across Washington, D.C., have accelerated in recent months as the nation prepares to celebrate its 250th birthday in July, with many fountains across the city being restored.
During the press preview, Trump also revealed he made a «multimillion» contribution toward restoration work around Lafayette Park and nearby White House grounds during an exchange on the beautification projects he is doing around Washington, D.C.

«We built it all inside the building… because we don’t want to have anything having to do with air or air quality or any problems playing with the air,» said Trump. (Kent NISHIMURA / AFP via Getty Images)
New fountains in Lafayette Park, located in downtown D.C., were turned on for the first time last month.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Nine fountains are being rehabilitated and returned to service, while nine other operational fountains are set to receive maintenance and system upgrades, according to the National Park Service.
Fox News Digital reached out to the White House for additional comment Tuesday.
white house, national security, drones, washington dc, a250 innovation, donald trump
INTERNACIONAL
WHO head ‘deeply concerned’ over ‘scale and speed’ of Ebola spread, says emergency committee will meet

WHO issues WARNING after DEADLY ebola outbreak
The CDC is coordinating the ‘safe withdrawal’ of at least six Americans exposed to a deadly Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo after the WHO declared a global health emergency.
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The head of the World Health Organization announced a meeting of his emergency committee regarding the «scale and speed» of the Ebola outbreak in the Congo and Uganda on Tuesday.
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus cited data saying there have been over 500 suspected cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in recent weeks, and 33 confirmed cases. There have been two confirmed cases in Uganda. The outbreak has seen a total of 131 fatalities.
«I’m deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic,» Tedros said in a Tuesday statement.
Tedros is meeting with the WHO’s Emergency Committee later Tuesday.
US ISSUES URGENT TRAVEL WARNING AS DEADLY EBOLA OUTBREAK SPREADS OVERSEAS
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organization, speaks during an event. (Lian Yi/Xinhua via Getty Images)
There are several factors that have made the WHO concerned about the potential for further spread, such as cases in urban areas, including Kampala, Uganda, and Goma in the DRC, as well as the conflict-affected province of Ituri.
The WHO has approved $3.9 million in emergency funding to support national authorities as they respond to the outbreak.
The WHO declared the outbreak a public health emergency on Sunday, and the U.S. issued an urgent travel warning for the DRC shortly after on Monday.
UGANDA STARTS CLINICAL TRIAL OF VACCINE FOR SUDAN STRAIN OF EBOLA AMID NEW OUTBREAK

A health worker sprays disinfectant on a colleague after working at an Ebola treatment center in Beni, eastern Congo, on Sept. 9, 2018. (Al-hadji Kudra Maliro/AP)
Officials said the outbreak was caused by the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola virus, a rarer variant for which existing vaccines may be less effective.
The State Department warns that Ebola is a «rare, severe and often fatal hemorrhagic fever illness.»
The virus can spread through direct contact with infected individuals, bodily fluids, infected corpses and objects contaminated with the virus.
CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER DESCRIBES UNCERTAINTY AFTER 3 DEATHS AMID HANTAVIRUS PROBE
«The U.S. government is unable to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Ituri province,» the advisory noted. «Do not travel to this area for any reason.»

Pictured is the MV Hondius, the cruise ship tied to a hantavirus outbreak after a stop in Argentina that left three passengers dead. (Europa Press Canarias via Getty Images)
The development comes as global health officials continue monitoring a rare hantavirus outbreak tied to the MV Hondius cruise ship, which left multiple passengers and crew members sick, and caused three deaths.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
As of May 13, the WHO said 11 hantavirus cases had been identified in connection with the cruise outbreak, including eight confirmed cases, two probable cases and one inconclusive case.
Fox News’ Andrea Margolis and Michael Sinkewicz and Reuters contributed to this report.
world health organization, ebola, hantavirus, africa, outbreaks
ECONOMIA2 días agoCarlos Melconian: “Hoy estamos con una afluencia de dólares que evita una crisis, pero no hay que despilfarrarlos”
POLITICA2 días agoJorge Macri defendió una eventual candidatura a presidente de Mauricio Macri: “Todo el mundo tiene derecho a competir”
POLITICA1 día agoEl PRO redobló las críticas contra La Libertad Avanza y elevó la tensión: «Cuando ellos estaban callados, nosotros combatíamos al kirchnerismo”

















