INTERNACIONAL
Communist and socialist groups call for ‘revolution’ and seizure of property at Minneapolis May Day rally

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Communist and socialist groups called for a «revolution» at a May Day rally in Minneapolis Friday, highlighting the growing influence of far-left organizations at an event traditionally centered on workers’ rights.
Some of those demonstrators denounced capitalism and pushed for the seizure of private property and the means of production, marking a shift in tone from past May Day rallies that primarily focused on labor issues.
Protesters on the ground outlined a range of demands, including rent caps tied to income, a reduced work week and the redistribution of wealth from billionaires. The rally, which drew well over 1,000 people, was organized as an immigrant rights demonstration but brought together a broad mix of labor unions, activist organizations and far-left political groups marching side by side.
Among the groups present were the Communist Party USA, the Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), the Revolutionary Communists of America (RCA), the Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL), and members of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), with numerous participants carrying flags and signage featuring socialist imagery like the hammer and sickle.
MAY DAY PROTESTS TO TAKE PLACE FRIDAY AS AGITATORS ACROSS THE US PUSH ‘WORKERS OVER BILLIONAIRES’ MOTTO
Protesters affiliated with the Revolutionary Communists of America hold a banner during a May Day march in Minneapolis, Minn. (Derek Shook/Fox News Digital)
Members of the Communist Party USA were seen handing out newspapers and leaflets, including a publication titled The Communist with the headline «Down with Trump’s War!»
Demonstrators carried signs reading «F–k ICE,» «Abolish ICE,» «Fight Trump’s Agenda,» «No Kings» and «Stop the War,» while others waved red flags associated with the Communist Party USA and held banners featuring the hammer and sickle, including signage from the Revolutionary Communists of America.
A Fox News Digital investigation previously identified U.S.-born tech entrepreneur Neville Roy Singham, who lives in China, as a key figure in a network tied to some far-left groups involved in protests, part of a broader mobilization involving roughly 600 organizations nationwide.
REVOLUTIONARY TOURISM:: INSIDE THE $600M MARRIAGE OF DARK MONEY AND FAR-LEFT AGITPROP
But demonstrators interviewed in Minneapolis said they were largely unaware of him or dismissed concerns about funding.
Andy Koch, a member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization, told Fox News Digital the U.S. is «run by billionaires» and should instead be run by working people. He said support from a a wealthy donor would be acceptable if it advanced the cause.
«If one billionaire… wants to donate to progressive pro-worker causes, that’s great,» Koch said.
When asked for examples of successful socialist systems, Koch pointed to China, saying «China’s doing pretty good right now,» and praised the former Soviet Union for having «done a lot for its people.
Members of the Revolutionary Communists of America were also present, with one protester saying he was «radicalized» in 2020 following the death of George Floyd.
«We’re calling for down with Trump and down with the Democrats,» the protester said.

Protesters affiliated with the Revolutionary Communists of America hold a banner during a May Day march in Minneapolis, Minn. (Derek Shook/Fox News Digital)
Demonstrations in Minneapolis come months after large-scale anti-ICE protests with Friday’s May Day events reflecting similar themes tied to immigration enforcement and broader economic concerns.
The march was organized as an immigrant rights demonstration, promoted under the slogan «Immigrants Rise! Workers Unite!» and led by groups including the Minnesota Immigrant Rights Action Committee (MIRAC).
A speaker with MIRAC led chants of «No one is illegal» and «All power to the people,» with large sections of the crowd repeating the slogans.
The event began with organizers and speakers affiliated with the Minnesota Immigrant Rights Action Committee (MIRAC) leading chants and addressing the crowd from a makeshift stage, while dancers in indigenous regalia were also present. Socialist and communist groups initially gathered toward the back of the crowd but later joined the march, falling in line behind the immigrant rights organizers as demonstrators moved through the city.
A significant contingent of socialist and communist groups marched alongside the organizers, underscoring the ideological overlap at the event.
WATCH: Protesters march through South Minneapolis, carry political signs
Flags throughout the march reflected a wide mix of causes and affiliations, including Palestinian flags, LGBTQ pride imagery and banners associated with socialist and communist groups.
High-visibility marshals affiliated with protest groups directed the march and blocked side streets, with little to no visible police presence along much of the route.
Another protester who identified as a communist said the current system is a «dead end» and argued that «the workers create all the value in society and we get to own none of it under capitalism.» She said the group supports policies including rent caps tied to income and limiting rent to 10% of wages.
When asked about rent-control policies in cities like New York and California, where such measures have faced criticism, one woman said those efforts failed because they were not «under workers’ control.»
SOCIALIST NYC MAYORAL CANDIDATE MAMDANI ONCE CALLED TO ‘SEIZE’ LUXURY HOMES TO HOUSE HOMELESS DURING COVID

Protesters pose with a copy of The Communist newspaper during a May Day rally in Minneapolis, Minn. (Derek Shook/Fox News Digital)
«Under capitalism, it won’t work. We need a society under control of the workers,» she said.
Owen Phernetton, a member of the Revolutionary Communists of America, said the group is «building a party of class fighters» and argued that «we need a revolution… on a socialist basis.»
He said the organization supports seizing property, including factories, mines and office spaces and placing them under the ownership of the working class.
«We argue for decreasing the workday to only 20 hours a week without any loss in pay,» he said.
He added that billionaire wealth should be «expropriated and put in use for the working class,» pointing to the Soviet Union as an example.
Several Minneapolis City Council members, most affiliated with the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL), attended the rally and read out a non-binding resolution recognizing May 1 as International Workers Day. During the remarks, one speaker told the crowd «we must abolish ICE,» linking labor issues with immigration policy.
WATCH: Communist Party presence noted at Minneapolis May Day demonstration
Jason Chavez read parts of the resolution alongside fellow council members Elliott Payne, Aurin Chowdhury, Soren Stevenson and Jamal Osman. Council member Robin Wonsley was also present.
Not all observers supported the messaging.
Sedonia Meyers, who said she was watching from the sidewalk, described herself as «a very centrist individual» and said immigration should follow a legal process.

Protesters hold Democratic Socialists of America signs during a May Day rally in Minneapolis. (Derek Shook/Fox News Digital)
«If you want to be a citizen… you should work hard… and do the proper steps,» she said, adding that the U.S. must «vet the people that come into this country» to ensure public safety.
Two other elderly women observing nearby welcomed the presence of communist and socialist groups, describing the rally as a «big tent,» and inisting that there was «room for everyone,» though they did not support calls to abolish ICE.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The protest concluded without major disruption, with demonstrators marching through the city in largely good spirits. A marching band played upbeat music as participants moved along the route, though speakers delivered more forceful rhetoric as they outlined their demands.
Earlier in the day, smaller gatherings drew limited turnout, including a union-led rally at Government Plaza that a union leader described a union gathering with «no connection to broader protests.»

Hundreds of protesters march through Minneapolis during a May Day rally calling for workers’ rights and immigration reform. (Derek Shook/Fox News Digital)
us protests, immigrant rights, minneapolis st paul, labor unions, socialism
INTERNACIONAL
RFK Jr announces ‘largest autism fraud bust in American history’ with $46.6M Medicaid scheme indictment

Jonathan Fahey discusses DOJ’s $90 million Minnesota fraud ring bust
Jonathan Fahey, former DHS deputy assistant secretary, discusses the Department of Justice’s $90 million Medicaid fraud bust in Minnesota. Fahey explains that the widespread fraud is likely just the tip of the iceberg, with more revelations expected from cooperating defendants. He questions why Democrats previously ignored these programs for political reasons.
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. announced the indictment of two Minnesota defendants charged in what officials called the «largest autism fraud bust in American history.»
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) indicted 55-year-old Shamso Ahmed Hassan and 25-year-old Hanaan Mursal Yusuf, slapping them with numerous counts of fraud and related charges for their alleged $46.6 million scheme to defraud Minnesota Medicaid’s Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Program.
The indictment was part of a wider enforcement action taken by the DOJ’s National Fraud Enforcement Division that swept up 15 alleged fraudsters in indictments for schemes that targeted over $90 million in taxpayer funds.
«Today’s arrests represent the largest autism fraud bust in American history. This was not a paperwork error. It was not a technical violation. This was organized theft that exploited the most vulnerable children in America, deceived families, stole taxpayer dollars meant to help children with autism access legitimate care and support,» Kennedy Jr. said in a Friday news conference.
‘EPICENTER OF FRAUD’: MINNESOTA’S EMPTY STOMACHS, FAKE AUTISM THERAPY AND A SCANDAL THAT COULD TOP $2 BILLION
Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., speaks to the media about alleged Medicaid fraud, and charges that were brought up against 15 individuals at the federal courthouse in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on May 21, 2026. (Christopher Juhn/Anadolu via Getty Images)
Hassan was a shareholder in two autism centers, Smart Therapy Center and Star Autism Center, but she did not disclose her ownership to the Minnesota Department of Human Services as required by law, prosecutors said. Yusuf worked at the Smart Therapy Center and helped operate the center, including by submitting the businesses’ claims for Medicaid reimbursement, according to the indictment.
MINNESOTA FRAUD SUSPECT WHO JUMPED FROM BUILDING IS ARRESTED, FBI SAYS
The pair allegedly paid kickbacks to families to incentivize them to send their children to Smart Therapy Center and Star Autism Center so they could bill for autism-related services in their children’s names. They then billed Medicaid for services that were not rendered or were not reimbursable by Medicaid, according to the indictment.
Of the $46.6 million they filed for reimbursement, $21.6 million was paid out, per the indictment. The DOJ is seeking restitution for that money.

Assistant Attorney General for the National Fraud Enforcement Division Colin McDonald addresses the media to announce actions combating fraud in Minnesota at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota on May 21, 2026 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Department of Justice is bringing charges against 15 people for fraud that targeted seven Medicaid programs and over $90 million in taxpayer dollars. (David Berding/Getty Images)
The pair «diverted hundreds of thousands of dollars of the fraud proceeds» to «their families’ personal use and benefit, including through real property purchases and transferring funds overseas, including to Kenya,» according to the indictment.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The defendants were each charged with one count of conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud and one count of money laundering. Yusuf was charged with five counts of healthcare fraud, while Hassan was charged with two.

Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. addresses the media to announce actions combating fraud in Minnesota at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota on May 21, 2026, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (David Berding/Getty Images)
«Every fraudulent autism diagnosis steals time, care, and resources from the children for whom this program was designed and who desperately need this care. Families with autistic children already face enormous challenges navigating therapies, specialists, and support systems. Fraud makes those barriers even steeper,» Kennedy Jr. said in the announcement.
health care executive, robert f kennedy jr, childrens health, minnesota fraud exposed, autism
INTERNACIONAL
China deployed over 100 vessels near Taiwan in the wake of Trump-Xi summit, Taiwan security official claims

Taiwan warns US about China’s regional ambitions as Trump weighs arms deal
Fox Business correspondent Lydia Hu reports live on Taiwan’s top diplomat, Alexander Yui, sharing a warning about China as President Donald Trump weighs a proposed $14 billion arms package for the island. Yui stresses that Taiwan acts as a front-line defense, preventing China’s wider ambitions. Taiwan’s semiconductor production, 90% of the world’s advanced chips, makes US support critical.
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
China has deployed over 100 vessels in the waters surrounding Taiwan in the week following President Donald Trump’s Beijing summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping, the secretary general of Taiwan’s National Security Council said Saturday.
«Our ISR/intel shows that the PRC has deployed over 100 vessels around the 1st Island Chain over the past few days, so soon after the Beijing summit,» Secretary General Joseph Wu wrote on X.
«In this part of the world, China is the one & only PROBLEM wrecking the Status Quo & threatening regional peace & stability,» Wu concluded.
Wu posted a graphic appearing to show a high volume of Chinese vessel deployments in the South China Sea, the East China Sea and near Taiwan and The Philippines.
CHINA LAUNCHES LARGEST MILITARY DRILLS OFF TAIWAN IN 8 MONTHS WITH LIVE-FIRE EXERCISES CAUGHT ON CAMERA
A Taiwanese graphic showing alleged Chinese ship deployments near Taiwan and the broader Indo-Pacific region. (Taiwan National Security Council)
Wu alerted the world to the ship deployments a little more than a week after Trump left Beijing and just days after Acting U.S. Navy Secretary Hung Cao told U.S. lawmakers that the U.S. was temporarily pausing weapons shipments to Taiwan.
«Right now we’re doing a pause in order to make sure we have the munitions we need for Epic Fury,» Cao testified during a Tuesday hearing of the Senate Appropriations Defense Subcommittee.

Acting Secretary of the Navy Hung Cao testifies during the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing titled «The Posture of the Department of the Navy in review of the Defense Authorization Request for FY2027 and the Future Years Defense Program,» in the Dirksen building on Tuesday, May 19, 2026. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)
U.S. lawmakers approved a $14 billion weapons package to be sold to Taiwan in January, though Trump has yet to sign off on it.
AS CHINA TENSIONS LOOM, US TEMPORARILY PAUSES TAIWAN WEAPONS SALES DUE TO IRAN WAR, ACTING NAVY SECRETARY SAYS
Taiwanese officials say they were not alerted to any potential pauses, according to The Associated Press.
Cao’s pause announcement followed the Trump-Xi summit during which Chinese officials made clear that the Taiwan question is China’s biggest issue in diplomatic relations with the United States.

The USS Chung-Hoon observed a Chinese navy ship sharply crossing its path in the Taiwan Strait on June 3, 2023, forcing the American destroyer to slow to avoid a collision during a freedom of navigation transit alongside Canadian frigate HMCS Montreal. (Andre T. Richard/U.S. Navy)
«President Xi stressed to President Trump that the Taiwan question is the most important issue in China-U.S. relations,» Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said in a statement after the Trump-Xi bilateral meeting.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
«If it is handled properly, the bilateral relationship will enjoy overall stability. Otherwise, the two countries will have clashes and even conflicts, putting the entire relationship in great jeopardy,» Ning concluded.
Fox News Digital contacted the White House, a representative for the Taiwanese government and the Chinese Foreign Ministry for additional comment.
taiwan, us navy, congress, china, xi jinping
INTERNACIONAL
Qué busca Donald Trump en Cuba, quién puede ser el futuro líder y por qué puede fracasar una ofensiva como la de Venezuela
ECONOMIA2 días agoMilei lanza «operativo» urgente para que el salto de inflación mayorista no explote en góndolas
ECONOMIA2 días agoEl FMI aprobó la revisión del acuerdo con la Argentina y destraba el desembolso de USD 1.000 millones
POLITICA3 días agoVIDEO | Un especialista demostró que la cuenta de X que desató la interna libertaria pertenecía a Martín Menem

















