INTERNACIONAL
Mother-in-law of slain beauty queen arrested after international manhunt

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
After a two-week manhunt, authorities have arrested the suspected fugitive mother-in-law accused of killing a former Mexican beauty queen, Mexican officials announced Thursday.
Authorities said 27-year-old Carolina Flores Gómez, who was crowned Miss Teen Universe Baja California in 2017, was fatally shot April 15 inside her apartment in one of Mexico City’s most affluent neighborhoods, according to local outlet El País.
Erika María Herrera was captured in Venezuela after Mexican authorities obtained an arrest warrant and worked in coordination with Interpol to issue a Red Notice, enabling Venezuelan law enforcement to locate and detain her after the alleged murder, Mexican officials said.
«The detained individual is currently in the custody of authorities in that country, while the necessary procedures are carried out to formalize her extradition to Mexico,» the Mexico City Attorney General’s Office said.
VIRGINIA NANNY’S JAILHOUSE LETTERS REVEAL CONFLICTING LOYALTIES IN LOVE TRIANGLE MURDER TRIAL
Carolina Flores Gómez was found shot dead in her luxury apartment April 15 in Mexico City. Her mother-in-law has been named the main suspect in the suspected homicide. (Jam Press)
Herrera was identified as a lead suspect in the murder investigation, according to local reports, after video evidence later surfaced on social media showing the mother-in-law at the scene.
The victim was found with 12 gunshot wounds, including six to the head and six to the chest, inside a Polanco neighborhood apartment she shared with Herrera’s son, Alejandro, and the couple’s 8-month-old child, Mexican outlet Record reported.
The son is also under investigation after reports indicated he allowed his mother to flee before reporting the shooting the next day, raising the possibility of a cover-up, El País added.
CALIFORNIA MAN ACCUSED OF KILLING WIFE AND FLEEING WITH KIDS NABBED IN SOUTH AMERICA

A woman identified as Erika Maria Herrera was arrested in Venezuala this week in a homicide case in Mexico. (@FiscaliaCDMX/X)
Video recorded by a baby monitor and released by local outlet Reforma, appeared to capture the moments leading up to the alleged killing, all while the son was nearby caring for the baby.
In the clip, the mother was seen following Flores into a room before multiple gunshots were heard followed by a scream.
In response, the son appeared to walk into the frame holding his child to confront his mother, asking what had happened.
CONNECTICUT MAN ALLEGEDLY KILLED A MOTHER, HER INFANT SON OVER $400 SHE OWED HIM FOR RENTING CAR

Mexican prosecutors have opened a homicide case in the death of former beauty queen Carolina Flores Gómez. (Jam Press)
In a baffling turn, Maria appeared to respond callously to her son.
«Nothing, she just made me angry,» the mom said as she walked away.
«What are you doing? She is my family,» he said.
The mother was then heard explaining, «You are mine, and she stole you.»
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Former beauty queen Carolina Flores Gómez, 27, was found dead in her Mexico City apartment. (Jam Press)
Flores’ mother, Reyna Gomez Molina, told Univision News the son allegedly delayed reporting the incident out of fear that the child would be placed in foster care.
«Thinking that if he was arrested, the baby would go to a children’s home. He made sure to record videos so they would know how to feed the child while he was away taking care of all the paperwork. That’s what he told me,» she said, adding that her offer to take care of her grandson was declined.
She had also pressed the son to clarify whether he had been next to the victim the entire time before reporting the incident but did not provide further details, according to the outlet.
location mexico, homicide, latino, miss universe
INTERNACIONAL
Costa Rica descarta casos de Ébola y Salud llama a reforzar medidas preventivas

El Ministerio de Salud de Costa Rica confirmó que Costa Rica no registra casos de enfermedad por virus Bundibugyo, una de las variantes del virus del Ébola que actualmente mantiene en alerta a organismos internacionales de salud debido a un brote activo en África central.
La institución indicó que tampoco existen casos reportados en la región de las Américas y aseguró que, por ahora, el riesgo para la población costarricense continúa siendo bajo. Sin embargo, las autoridades señalaron que mantienen vigilancia epidemiológica constante y pidieron a la ciudadanía reforzar las medidas preventivas.
La advertencia ocurre en medio de la creciente preocupación internacional por la situación que enfrentan la República Democrática del Congo y Uganda, donde se detectó un brote de la cepa Bundibugyo, una variante rara del Ébola para la que actualmente no existe vacuna ni tratamiento específico aprobado.
De acuerdo con la Organización Mundial de la Salud, hasta mediados de mayo se contabilizaban al menos ocho casos confirmados por laboratorio, 246 casos sospechosos y cerca de 80 muertes sospechosas en la provincia de Ituri, en el este del Congo.
No obstante, reportes más recientes advierten que la cifra podría ser considerablemente mayor. Medios internacionales y organismos humanitarios señalan que el brote ya habría provocado unas 139 muertes y cerca de 600 casos sospechosos o probables entre Congo y Uganda, mientras las autoridades sanitarias continúan investigando nuevas cadenas de transmisión.
La OMS declaró el pasado 16 de mayo la situación como una Emergencia de Salud Pública de Importancia Internacional, debido al riesgo de expansión regional y a las complejas condiciones en las zonas afectadas.
El brote preocupa especialmente porque se desarrolla en áreas con presencia de grupos armados, desplazamientos masivos de población y sistemas sanitarios limitados, lo que dificulta el rastreo de contagios y la atención de pacientes. Además, el virus ya fue detectado fuera de la zona inicial del brote y se confirmaron casos importados en Uganda.
Las autoridades sanitarias internacionales también han advertido que la enfermedad habría circulado durante semanas sin ser detectada, debido a que la cepa Bundibugyo no suele incluirse en pruebas estándar de Ébola y porque inicialmente se confundió con otras enfermedades hemorrágicas.
El virus del Ébola se transmite por contacto directo con sangre o fluidos corporales de personas infectadas, como saliva, vómito, sudor, orina o heces. También puede propagarse mediante objetos contaminados, incluyendo ropa, superficies o sábanas expuestas a dichos fluidos. Las autoridades reiteraron que el virus no se transmite por el aire.
Los síntomas pueden aparecer entre dos y 21 días después del contagio. Inicialmente se presentan fiebre, dolor de cabeza intenso, debilidad y dolores musculares. En etapas avanzadas pueden producirse vómitos, diarrea, dolor abdominal, hemorragias y deterioro severo del estado general.
Según la OMS, las tasas de mortalidad de brotes previos de la variante Bundibugyo oscilaron entre el 30% y el 50%, aunque otras cepas del Ébola pueden alcanzar mortalidades mucho mayores.
Ante este panorama, el Ministerio de Salud de Costa Rica informó que se revisan continuamente los protocolos de preparación y respuesta para eventuales casos sospechosos, así como los mecanismos de vigilancia epidemiológica en puntos de ingreso al país.
La institución recomendó mantener medidas preventivas básicas, entre ellas el lavado frecuente de manos, evitar contacto con personas enfermas y reforzar el uso de equipo de protección en servicios de salud.
Asimismo, pidió a la población mantenerse informada únicamente mediante canales oficiales para evitar desinformación o alarmas injustificadas relacionadas con el virus.
General Health,Medicines,Africa,Health / Medicine
INTERNACIONAL
Senate GOP erupts over Trump DOJ ‘anti-weaponization’ fund, punts ICE, Border Patrol funding

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Senate Republicans are pressing pause on their push to fund immigration enforcement after a tense, closed-door meeting.
But it’s not over internal divisions. This time, the fury is directed toward the Trump administration and the surprise «anti-weaponization» fund created by the Department of Justice (DOJ). It comes as Republicans were near the finish line for their $72 billion package to fund Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Border Patrol.
For now, Republicans are calling it a day and leaving Washington, D.C.
«We will pick up where we left off,» Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., said.
REPUBLICANS RECOIL AS TRUMP’S BILLION-DOLLAR DOJ ‘SLUSH FUND’ FOR ALLIES THREATENS ICE, BORDER PATROL PLAN
Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., and Senate GOP leaders are pushing forward with budget reconciliation to fund the final piece of government that had been shut down by Senate Democrats’ opposition to President Donald Trump’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement actions. (Nathan Posner/Anadolu)
That makes President Donald Trump’s June 1 deadline effectively impossible to meet, but Republicans contend that it’s the administration’s actions that have further complicated an already rocky process.
«The message to the administration is this: we were on a glide path to passing this bill until these announcements,» a top Republican aide told Fox News Digital.
The timing of the settlement between Trump and his family and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the subsequent creation of the fund derailed Republicans’ sprint to the finish line.
«We don’t know where the votes are on reconciliation right now,» Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., said.
SENATE REPUBLICAN THREATENS TO DERAIL ICE, BORDER PATROL PACKAGE OVER TRUMP’S BILLION-DOLLAR REQUEST
The White House referred Fox News Digital to Trump’s comments Thursday when asked if he would be amenable to no ballroom security funding and restrictions on the DOJ’s nearly $1.8 billion fund, or veto the package outright.
«I don’t need money from the ballroom,» Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, and touted that the actual construction was being done through private funding.
«But this is being made as a gift from me and other people that are great patriots that spent a lot of money,» he continued. «We’re building what will be the finest ballroom anywhere in the world. If they want to spend money on securing the White House, I think it would be very — very much a good expenditure. But the ballroom is being built.»
Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche was dispatched to the Hill Thursday morning to tamp down lawmakers’ concerns over the «anti-weaponization» fund, which several lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have dubbed a «slush fund.» But instead, he was berated behind closed doors.
A spokesperson for the Justice Department told Fox News Digital that Blanche had a «healthy discussion on the settlement.»
«He made clear that the Anti-Weaponization Fund announced Monday has nothing to do with reconciliation. Indeed, not a single dime from the money the president is seeking in reconciliation would go toward anything having to do with the fund,» the spokesperson said. «We will continue to work with the Senate to get critical reconciliation funds approved.»
TRUMP DEMANDS SENATE PARLIAMENTARIAN’S OUSTER FOR AXING BALLROOM SECURITY FUNDING

Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche was dispatched to the Hill Thursday morning to tamp down lawmakers’ concerns over the «anti-weaponization» fund. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Sources told Fox News Digital that over two dozen Republicans demanded answers from Blanche on what kind of guardrails could be put into the fund, and specifically if those convicted for assaulting police officers during the Jan. 6, 2021, riots could be excluded.
Sens. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Tom Cotton, R-Ark., erupted at Blanche, and Thune was uncharacteristically frustrated by the situation.
Several Republicans leaving the meeting had little to say about what happened inside, while others reiterated that they were focused on funding ICE and Border Patrol and nothing else.
Those concerns were validated with several people who were pardoned by Trump earlier this year, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who declared that he would make a claim this week.
There have been discussions of including those guardrails into the reconciliation package, given that the Senate Judiciary Committee, which oversees the DOJ, is a major part of the process.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
«I did raise that issue, and that seemed to be what [Blanche] was saying, but you know, we haven’t seen language,» Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, said.
Further complicating matters are plans Senate Democrats had for the package with their flurry of amendment votes.
Sources told Fox News Digital that one of the first amendments in the pipeline would have prevented any of the DOJ’s funds from going to convicted rapists and forced the package to be sent back to committee, sending the GOP back to square one on a politically perilous vote.
«This was all 100% avoidable,» a senior Republican aide told Fox News Digital.
politics, republicans elections, justice department, senate elections, democrats senate
INTERNACIONAL
Investigación a Rodríguez Zapatero: la relación del ex presidente con la Venezuela chavista, en la mira de la Justicia española

El ex presidente y el chavismo
“No he percibido ni un euro del gobierno de Venezuela”
El apoyo de Sánchez y la embestida del PP
POLITICA2 días agoEl “Gordo Dan” habló sobre la interna libertaria, apuntó contra Martín Menem y aseguró: “Le mintieron al Presidente”
SOCIEDAD24 horas agoDesbarataron una red de clínicas ilegales en La Matanza: 29 detenidos y una pista que apunta a la piratería del asfalto
POLITICA21 horas agoVIDEO | Un especialista demostró que la cuenta de X que desató la interna libertaria pertenecía a Martín Menem




















