INTERNACIONAL
Trump demands Senate parliamentarian’s ouster for axing ballroom security funding

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
President Donald Trump wants Senate Republicans to boot the upper chamber’s rules referee after security funding for his ballroom was nixed.
Trump pointed his fury on Wednesday at Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough, who holds a nonpartisan role that dictates what can and cannot make it through the budget reconciliation process.
Republicans are currently trying to ram through a $72 billion immigration enforcement funding package, but MacDonough over the weekend stripped out one of Trump’s major requests for $1 billion to in part pay for security enhancements to his colossal White House ballroom project.
DEMS SCORE WIN AS GOP SENATOR HELPS ADVANCE IRAN WAR POWERS RESOLUTION
President Donald Trump walks to speak with reporters before boarding Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on May 8, 2026. (Jose Luis Magana/AP Photo)
«Shockingly, Republicans have kept the very important position of ‘Parliamentarian’ in the hands of a woman, Elizabeth MacDonough, who was appointed, long ago, by Barack Hussein Obama and a vicious Lunatic known as Senator Harry Reid, who ran the Senate for the Dumocrats with an ‘iron fist,’» Trump said on Truth Social.
«Over the years, she has been brutal to Republicans, but not so to the Dumocrats — So why has she not been replaced? There are many fair people who would be qualified for that vital job,» he continued.
But it’s not a move Republicans are keen to make, especially in retaliation for the ballroom security funding getting stripped out. Trump earlier this week privately pushed Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., to axe MacDonough.
Thune said he wasn’t having any discussions on firing MacDonough, but noted that tempers flare against the parliamentarian «every time there’s a reconciliation.»
SENATE REPUBLICAN THREATENS TO DERAIL ICE, BORDER PATROL PACKAGE OVER TRUMP’S BILLION-DOLLAR REQUEST
«There are always people that are unhappy with some decisions that come down, and it’s kind of the nature of the beast. So, you know, we will work through the process and do our best to get the things that we want, you know, on the floor, later this week,» Thune said.
Still, Republicans are continuing to haggle over whether to include the security funding at all. Much of the money, about $600 million, would go to the Secret Service, while $220 million was intended to bolster security on the East Wing Modernization project.
Senate Judiciary Chair Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, whose portion of the package contained the controversial funding, noted that the parliamentarian hasn’t just ruled against Republicans during reconciliation.
«I think the best answer to that is that the parliamentarian has demonstrated in the Biden administration with their recommendations, reconciliations that they didn’t get everything they wanted,» Grassley said.
Like Thune, other Republicans recognized that reconciliation is difficult, but not worth firing MacDonough over.
GOP SENATOR CALLS FOR PARLIAMENTARIAN’S FIRING AFTER SERVING MEDICAID BLOW TO TRUMP’S ‘BIG, BEAUTIFUL BILL’

Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., spoke with reporters as he headed to the Senate chamber at the U.S. Capitol on March 12, 2026, in Washington, D.C. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
«For what,» Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., said when asked if MacDonough should go. «Does she have a DWI or something?»
It’s also not the first time that Republicans have called for MacDonough to be fired. Last year, after MacDonough stripped out provisions that would have caused steep cuts to Medicaid spending, a handful in the GOP demanded that she be replaced.
Sen. Roger Marshall, R-Kan., told Fox News Digital at the time that there was already a precedent in place to do it.
«In 2001, Majority Leader Trent Lott fired the Senate parliamentarian during reconciliation,» Marshall said.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., told Fox News Digital that the true root cause of the issue was the 60-vote filibuster threshold.
Republicans took the reconciliation route because they couldn’t muster enough votes from Senate Democrats to smash through the threshold and fund the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) without making steep concessions on immigration enforcement funding.
«We’re as likely to end the filibuster as we are to get rid of the parliamentarian, so you might as well put pressure on Republicans to address the root cause, which is the 60-vote threshold,» Johnson said.
politics, chuck grassley, republicans elections, john thune, senate elections, donald trump
INTERNACIONAL
El Departamento de Justicia de Estados Unidos acusó por homicidio al ex dictador cubano Raúl Castro

Estados Unidos imputó al exdictador cubano Raúl Castro por el derribo de dos avionetas civiles en 1996, en una escalada sin precedentes de la presión de la administración Trump contra el régimen comunista de la isla.
El Departamento de Justicia (DOJ) presentó los cargos —asesinato, conspiración para matar a ciudadanos estadounidenses y destrucción de aeronaves— ante un tribunal federal del Distrito Sur de Florida. El fiscal general interino Todd Blanche realizó el anuncio en la Torre de la Libertad de Miami, símbolo de la comunidad cubana en el exilio.
“Por primera vez en casi 70 años, el liderazgo superior del régimen cubano ha sido acusado en este país, en los Estados Unidos de América, por actos de violencia que resultaron en la muerte de ciudadanos estadounidenses”, afirmó Blanche según documentos judiciales.
El 24 de febrero de 1996, dos cazas cubanos MiG persiguieron y derribaron dos avionetas desarmadas de Hermanos al Rescate —organización de pilotos exiliados con base en Miami que auxiliaba a balseros cubanos— sobre el estrecho de Florida. Las cuatro personas a bordo fallecieron: los ciudadanos estadounidenses Carlos Costa, Armando Alejandre y Mario Manuel de la Peña, y el residente legal Pablo Morales. Un tercer aparato, en el que viajaba el líder del grupo, José Basulto, logró escapar.
La Organización de Aviación Civil Internacional (OACI) dictaminó que el incidente ocurrió en aguas internacionales, contradiciendo la postura de La Habana, que alegó que las aeronaves habían ingresado a su espacio aéreo y calificó a los aviadores de “terroristas”. Fidel Castro sostuvo en su momento que las fuerzas armadas actuaron bajo “órdenes permanentes” y negó que su hermano hubiera dado una instrucción específica para disparar.

Castro, que cumplirá 95 años el próximo mes, ejercía como ministro de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (FAR) al momento del incidente, lo que lo sitúa en la cúspide de la cadena de mando. La acusación formal también incluye a otros cinco militares cubanos presuntamente involucrados: Emilio José Palacio Blanco, José Fidel Gual Barzaga, Raúl Simanca Cárdenas, Luis Raúl González-Pardo Rodríguez y Lorenzo Alberto Pérez-Pérez.
Los anuncios se produjeron el 20 de mayo, fecha en que fue declarada la República de Cuba en 1902, tras la independencia de España y el fin de la ocupación militar estadounidense. La comunidad cubanoamericana de Miami se congregó frente a la Torre de la Libertad para la ceremonia oficial. “Todos esperamos durante mucho tiempo, durante muchos años, que esto sucediera”, declaró Bobby Ramírez, un músico de 62 años que abandonó Cuba en 1971.

El dictador cubano Miguel Díaz-Canel reaccionó en X afirmando que esa fecha significa “intervención, injerencia, despojo, frustración” en la historia de la isla. El régimen comunista prioriza en su narrativa otras fechas, como el triunfo de la Revolución el 1 de enero de 1959, argumentando que tras 1902 la isla permaneció bajo dominio de facto de Washington a causa de la Enmienda Platt.
Horas antes del anuncio judicial, el secretario de Estado Marco Rubio difundió un mensaje en video dirigido al pueblo cubano en el que ofreció “una nueva relación” con Washington y prometió USD 100 millones en alimentos y medicinas, a distribuir directamente a través de la Iglesia Católica u organizaciones caritativas. Rubio, de origen cubano, responsabilizó al liderazgo de la isla por la crisis energética que obliga a los cubanos a sobrevivir hasta 22 horas diarias sin electricidad.

“La verdadera razón por la que no tienen electricidad, combustible ni alimentos, es porque quienes controlan su país han saqueado miles de millones de dólares”, afirmó el secretario de Estado. Señaló además que Raúl Castro fundó hace tres décadas el conglomerado empresarial militar GAESA, que según Rubio genera ingresos tres veces superiores al presupuesto del régimen cubano actual y opera como “un Estado dentro del Estado”.
El canciller cubano Bruno Rodríguez calificó a Rubio de “vocero de intereses corruptos y revanchistas”, aunque no descartó aceptar la ayuda. “Sigue hablando de una ayuda de 100 millones de dólares que Cuba no ha rechazado, pero cuyo cinismo es evidente para cualquiera ante el efecto devastador del bloqueo económico”, escribió Rodríguez en X.
La imputación se enmarca en una ofensiva más amplia de la administración Trump contra Cuba. El presidente firmó el 29 de enero un decreto que amenaza con aranceles a los países que vendan petróleo a la isla, lo que derivó en un bloqueo de facto que dejó al país sin combustible para sus centrales eléctricas. La Habana reconoció que ya no cuenta con reservas para cubrir las necesidades cotidianas.
El lunes previo al anuncio, el Departamento del Tesoro incluyó en listas negras a los ministros cubanos de Justicia, Energía y Comunicaciones, a varios altos mandos militares y a toda la agencia de inteligencia de la isla. Díaz-Canel y Castro ya enfrentaban restricciones de viaje por sanciones anteriores.
El director de la CIA, John Ratcliffe, visitó recientemente La Habana y advirtió a sus interlocutores cubanos que Trump debía ser tomado en serio, citando el caso venezolano. La captura en enero del dictador venezolano Nicolás Maduro —aliado fundamental de Cuba— profundizó aún más la crisis económica y humanitaria de la isla. Trump amenazó en marzo con que Cuba “es la siguiente” tras Venezuela, mientras Díaz-Canel advirtió que cualquier acción militar estadounidense provocaría un “baño de sangre”.
Las autoridades estadounidenses no precisaron cómo ejecutarían una eventual operación para capturar a Castro ni cuántos años de prisión implicaría una condena máxima. El exmandatario apareció en público en Cuba a principios de mayo y no hay indicios de que haya abandonado la isla ni de que el régimen permita su extradición.
(Con información de AFP, EFE, Reuters y Bloomberg)
Domestic,Politics,South America / Central America,Government / Politics
INTERNACIONAL
¿Dónde están los republicanos que ponen a EE.UU. primero?

INTERNACIONAL
Dem candidate’s Zionist castration rant sparks firestorm as party leaders rewrite narrative to target GOP

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other Democrats responded to a Democratic congressional candidate’s «antisemitic» rant about jailing and castrating «American Zionists» by attempting to shift the blame to Republicans.
After progressive Democrat Maureen Galindo stirred up a firestorm of controversy for pledging to open a «prison for American Zionists and former ICE officers,» Jeffries and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) said in a joint statement that «MAGA extremists should be ashamed of themselves.»
Jeffries and the DCCC accused GOP leaders of backing Galindo, saying, «House Republican leadership must immediately cease propping up this antisemitic candidacy, pull spending in the race and forcefully condemn these comments.»
«This vile language by her is disqualifying and has no place in American politics, and certainly not in the Democratic Party,» Jeffries and the DCCC said in the statement, adding, «To embrace and uplift a fringe candidate with antisemitic — and extremely dangerous — rhetoric and views in order to win an election is beyond the pale.»
HAKEEM JEFFRIES SHREDDED OVER ‘DISGUSTINGLY VIOLENT’ CALL FOR DEMS TO BREAK SPIRIT OF MAGA
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., blamed Republicans for Democratic congressional candidate Maureen Galindo’s «antisemitic» rant. Galindo is in the center. (Katina Zentz/San Antonio Express-News via Getty Images; Sven Hoppe/picture alliance via Getty Images; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)
«Texans will not be fooled and will reject her at the ballot box next week,» they added.
Galindo, who is currently locked in a primary runoff for a Texas congressional seat, is under fire after pledging in a social media post to turn a local ICE center into a «prison for American Zionists and former ICE officers.» She also said in the post that the prison «will also be a castration processing center for pedophiles, which will probably be most of the Zionists.»
Earlier this month, the DCCC accused «Washington Republicans» of secretly contributing to Galindo’s campaign through dark money spending.
Galindo and her primary opponent, Johnny Garcia, who has been endorsed by the DCCC, are set to face off in a runoff election next week. In their first matchup, Galindo had a narrow lead over Garcia, 29 to 27 percent, though neither candidate came close to clearing the 50 percent threshold required to win the nomination.
Jeffries and the DCCC were not the only ones attempting to point the finger at Republicans after Galindo’s comments.
Ocasio-Cortez called Galindo’s comments «absolutely disgusting,» writing on X that her «bigoted garbage and antisemitism should be nowhere near our politics.»
AOC ACCUSES ISRAEL OF GENOCIDE IN GERMANY WHERE HOLOCAUST WAS LAUNCHED, SPARKING OUTRAGE

House Minority Leader Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., speaks during his weekly news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 2, 2023. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
She urged Texans in the district to vote for Garcia, writing, «the donors behind the Republican super PAC funding her should be exposed.»
On the other side of the aisle, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., wrote, «I am rarely shocked. But this heinous antisemitic statement is truly shocking.»
She emphasized that «Every elected Democrat needs to publicly condemn this immediately.»
In the upper chamber of Congress, Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., called it «beyond despicable» that «a Democrat candidate is openly calling for a Jewish concentration camp in the United States of America in 2026.»
Despite this, more Democrats accused Republicans of backing the Texas progressive candidate. Rep. Christian Menefee, D-Texas, wrote on X, «Republicans should stop propping up her sham candidacy.»
Menefee added that he was «disgusted to see these antisemitic comments from a so-called Texas Democrat,» writing that Galindo «has no place in our party and no place in Congress.»
DEMS UNDER FIRE FOR ‘MALIGN CHINESE INFLUENCE’ AS SHOCKING SPY MAYOR DONATIONS UNCOVERED: ‘HOW MANY MORE?’

Texas Senate candidate James Talarico urged voters to reduce meat consumption in a 2022 clip that went viral on Tuesday. (Mark Felix/Getty Images)
Meanwhile, one of the top Democrats on the Texas ballot this November, state Rep. James Talarico, who is running for a critical Senate seat, responded to the controversy by saying, «We need leadership in both parties willing to stand up and call out hate wherever it rears its ugly head,» according to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Talarico also said, «This antisemitic rhetoric has no place in our politics,» according to the agency.
Fox News Digital reached out to Galindo for comment.
Fox News Digital’s Louis Casiano and Brittany Miller contributed to this report.
democratic party, alexandria ocasio cortez, democrats, anti semitism, the squad, woke
POLITICA2 días agoEl PRO redobló las críticas contra La Libertad Avanza y elevó la tensión: «Cuando ellos estaban callados, nosotros combatíamos al kirchnerismo”
INTERNACIONAL3 días agoLa dictadura de Cuba adquirió más de 300 drones militares de Rusia e Irán en medio de las tensiones con EEUU
POLITICA2 días agoVictoria Villarruel volvió a diferenciarse del Gobierno y cuestionó la compra de un avión

















